Mounted or Unmounted Stamps which do you prefer?

Old September 21st 06, 05:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Missy O

Default Mounted or Unmounted Stamps which do you prefer?

I personnaly started out purchasing all of my stamsp from SU and love
them, then about 3 years ago I went to a stamp convention here in
Minnesota and I met the lady who sold The Angel Company stamps. Well
the long and the short of it is that I had a workshop, saw how much
room I could save in storage and well I have never turned back. I have
even unmounted quite a few of my SU sets and so now I have 80 stamps
sets on my work table (as I keep them in a cd turntable) and right at
my finger tips and love that idea the most.

So what do you think? Mounted or Unmounted? I am just wondering.

Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
North Branch, MN

Old September 21st 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Wave Jumper

Unmounted for me too. I haven't bought any from the Angel Company but have
looked at them. I love their storage system. Someone told me clear stamps
don't give as good an impression as real rubber but I haven't tested that
theory. What do you think since you have them both. I'm an SU demo and
have asked the company about giving us the choice of mounted or unmounted
but haven't heard back about it.

SAD

On 9/20/06 9:38 PM, in article
, "Missy O"

Old September 21st 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Tom and Karen Brooks

I love unmounted stamps. I have thousands of stamps (I'm not exaggerating!)
and they are all stored in notebooks in a small TV stand. Not only are the
unmounted stamps less expensive but they take up so little room. I use the
EZ Mount system and I am SO happy with the way it works. I have unmounted
all of the stamps that I purchased over the years, so they can be easily
stored and cataloged. If I really liked the way a stamp was shown colored
on the mount then I colored copy the wood block and store that picture with
the stamps. It's really easy to find the stamp the I want. Also, even though
they aren't clear stamps, I can see through the acrylic block to see exactly
where to place the stamp.

If you do go with unmounted you should get a pair of KAI scissors, they are
wonderful for cutting rubber.

There are many places on the internet to buy unmounted, most of them also
sell sheets of stamps which are a tremendous bargain (that's why I have
thousands of stamps).

I have some of the clear stamps and I don't really like they way they stamp.
Don't really know what it is, but I just don't like them.

--

oups.com...

Old September 21st 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Alison

I'm all about unmounted anymore! I used to use HALOS, so most of my UMs are
done with that system, but I'm in love with EZ Mount now (those little black
loop fuzzies are ***everywhere*** in my stamping - which is really a bear
when trying to stamp with a solid image!), and won't be mounting any more of
mine with HALOS from now on.

SAD, TAC's stamps aren't clear, it's just the mount that is... their stamps
are regular rubber, and they use basically the "EZ Mount" system.

I don't like the impression made by the clear stamps so much... I'll use
them if it's a design I love and can't find elsewhere, but they don't give
as crisp an image as rubber - they're too "squishy".

My pennies,
Alison

oups.com...

Old September 21st 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Missy O

Wave Jumper wrote:
Unmounted for me too. I haven't bought any from the Angel Company but have
looked at them. I love their storage system. Someone told me clear stamps
don't give as good an impression as real rubber but I haven't tested that
theory. What do you think since you have them both. I'm an SU demo and
have asked the company about giving us the choice of mounted or unmounted
but haven't heard back about it.

SAD

I have hear good things and bad things about the clear stamps. I
personally love TAC well because I have to be honest with you all I am
a demo for them. I love showing people the reason why I went to
unmounted because when you two step stamp you can see through the
acrylic and be able to line them up better. Now I know that you can do
that with the clear stamps too, however, most people tell me the
impression they get from the clear stamp really isn't as nice. I have
also heard that the stamp sometimes peels off the acrylic and sticks to
the paper. Now please please please remember, that is just what I have
heard.

I have had a ton of questions like does the stamp rock when you use it.
Nope never had it rock. Why did you go unmounted? I went unmounted
when I purchased a Hero Arts stamp that was mounted kittywampus and had
to try and remember each and every time I used the stamp how to hold
it. So. . .. yes I still have that stamp, but I unmounted it. Another
reason was the price factor, TAC has 8 alphabet sets that is upper and
lower case, 0-9 and the exclamation characters for under $20. WOW
where do you find that?

Sorry got off on a tangent, just thought I would share. Just my $0.02
worth.

Inky Huggz,

Missy

Old September 21st 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Wave Jumper

Thanks for setting me straight on the TAC stamps not being clear. Guess I
was thinking of a different company, maybe Close to my Heart. I have a
friend who buys TAC stamps and now that I think about it they are unmounted
and come with cling foam for you to mount them on. I use Static Cling
Mounting Foam; could it be the same thing just a different company? You can
buy Plastic Storage Sheets that have three holes in them for storing in
three ring binders. Their website is www.rubberstampconcepts.com. I want
the easiest way to go about this process when I get serious and unmounted
all my stamps. I have some HALOS mounted stamps too and what a mess that
was, I won't do that again. I agree, KAI scissors are a must have item.

SAD

On 9/21/06 7:23 AM, in article
, "Alison"
wrote:

I'm all about unmounted anymore! I used to use HALOS, so most of my UMs are
done with that system, but I'm in love with EZ Mount now (those little black
loop fuzzies are ***everywhere*** in my stamping - which is really a bear
when trying to stamp with a solid image!), and won't be mounting any more of
mine with HALOS from now on.

SAD, TAC's stamps aren't clear, it's just the mount that is... their stamps
are regular rubber, and they use basically the "EZ Mount" system.

I don't like the impression made by the clear stamps so much... I'll use
them if it's a design I love and can't find elsewhere, but they don't give
as crisp an image as rubber - they're too "squishy".

My pennies,
Alison

oups.com...

Old September 22nd 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Missy O

Wave Jumper wrote:
Thanks for setting me straight on the TAC stamps not being clear. Guess I
was thinking of a different company, maybe Close to my Heart. I have a
friend who buys TAC stamps and now that I think about it they are unmounted
and come with cling foam for you to mount them on. I use Static Cling
Mounting Foam; could it be the same thing just a different company? You can
buy Plastic Storage Sheets that have three holes in them for storing in
three ring binders. Their website is www.rubberstampconcepts.com. I want
the easiest way to go about this process when I get serious and unmounted
all my stamps. I have some HALOS mounted stamps too and what a mess that
was, I won't do that again. I agree, KAI scissors are a must have item.

SAD

I am not sure what the Static Cling is like, but we sell Creative Cling
similar to the EZ Mount cushion. I understand completely about wanting
to have the easiest way. I have heard that some people that have the
Hot Marks Tool use that to cut their creative cling. You see they peel
the rubber off of the mounting cushion that it was on then they put the
rubber onto the Creative Cling and outline it with the Hot Marks Tool
and waalaaahhh there you go all cut out and didn't have to use a
scissors. Just another idea.

Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
North Branch, MN

Old September 25th 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Connie \(Kendall\) Bartley

Hi I have bought some of the clear stamps and wasn't pleased as how they
stamped. What I did was take very fine sand paper and sanded the image a
little. Worked like a charm. There is a coating on the stamp to help release
it from the stamp machine maker and I think this is what sticks to the stamp
sometimes. hope this helps.

--
Connie K Bartley
Pages done for this month =

"Tom and Karen Brooks" wrote in message
[...]

oups.com...

Old September 25th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Connie \(Kendall\) Bartley

Instead of unmounting your wood stamps, I'd try selling them on ebay or
trading them. They are very costly compared to the unmounted ones.

--

wrote:

[...]

oups.com...

Old September 27th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

Connie (Kendall) Bartley wrote:
Hi I have bought some of the clear stamps and wasn't pleased as how they
stamped. What I did was take very fine sand paper and sanded the image a
little. Worked like a charm. There is a coating on the stamp to help release
it from the stamp machine maker and I think this is what sticks to the stamp
sometimes. hope this helps.

--
Connie K Bartley
Pages done for this month =
Total pages for the year so far =
Swap things done = poems, cards, dolls
Toppers , tags

Hi Connie,

I have never heard that about the clear unmounted stamps. I mean that
you sand them down a little. You see I have the unmounts that are
rubber and I love them. The best thing about unmounted stamps is the
storage capabilities. My dh likes that too.

I thought about selling my wood mount stamps, but there were some that
I absolutely love so I just unmounted them.

Inky Huggz,

Missy