Are you ready for Christmas?

Old December 1st 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

Default Are you ready for Christmas?

Okay so I have been off trying to find a job and helping take card of
my 87 year old gramma and well I have missed the conversations in this
group.

So I want to know if you are all set for Christmas? Did you stamp all
of your cards? Did you create any presents? Did you stamp all of your
wrapping?

Okay so for me here are my answers: Ready? Nope; Cards? Nope; Creat?
working on it; Wrapping? Yup that is all done. I stamped gift bags,
tissue paper and wrapping paper.

Now onto the cards? Do you make everyone the same card or all they all
different. Come on folks I need some ideas.

Can't wait to hear from you all.

Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
Angel #1754
North Branch, MN
missy.ismyangel.com

Old December 1st 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Tom and Karen Brooks

Well, I have stamped all of my (90) Christmas cards (all different) and I
even have addresses and stamps on all of them. But, now I'm trying to write
a little greeting in each and my hand hurts!

I have so much wrapping paper that there's no way I would bother stamping
it.

I didn't make any presents for anyone this year but I did buy a few kits for
them to make.

Hope your Gramma is doing well. My Gram is on the list of folks I need to
call today.

Merry Christmas!

--

Karen R. Brooks
ups.com...

Old December 2nd 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
stampingmaniac

I haven't been checking this group for way too long. Hi everybody!!

Well, we moved a few months ago and so have been stamping a lot less
than usual, but I fully intend to make my Christmas cards again this
year. I won't be stamping any gifts or wrappings, but I will do my
cards.

--Barbara

ups.com...

Old December 9th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Wave Jumper

I haven't checked this group for over a month because no body was answering
but I see that it's rolling along again.

First of all I hope your Grandma is doing better, Inky.

Aren't you the one who sends out 100 Christmas cards a year? I made 40 this
year, four different designs starting in July. If I knew how to make a web
page I'd upload them to give you some ideas. Guess I could send them to you
via e-mail. Let me know if that would be ok, but I imagine you have them
all made by now since it's been over a week since you wrote this post.

All my packages are wrapped except one; cards are done, labels printed and
ready to send on Monday; didn't make any gifts or wrapping paper this year.

SAD

On 11/30/06 8:26 PM, in article
, "Roscoe2"

Old December 12th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

Wave Jumper wrote:
If I knew how to make a web page I'd upload them to give you some ideas. Guess I could send them to you via e-mail. Let me know if that would be ok, but I imagine you have them
all made by now since it's been over a week since you wrote this post.

All my packages are wrapped except one; cards are done, labels printed and
ready to send on Monday; didn't make any gifts or wrapping paper this year.

SAD

I would LOVE to see what you did, yes yes I am the one who sends out
over 100 cards. Whew, can you believe it?

I wish there was some way we could post pictures to these groups. Does
anyone know who the moderator of this group?

I think that I am going to do some research, because I would love to
see what everyone has been working on and would love to share with
everyone.

Shoot me an email. I truly look forward to it.

Inky Huggz,

Missy

Old December 12th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Wave Jumper

Someone was asking this same question a while back and I saved the replies
from and Gina Bull in a word doc in case anyone asked
about it again. Here they are, I hope they don't mind that I copied them
and am adding it to this post. If they do mind, I'm really sorry and hope
they will forgive me my ignorance.

The following was written by:

In a previous post someone asked about "show-and-tell". This post from
1998 about the original charter for this group also talks about gifs, etc.
as being allowable only on alt.binaries newsgroups. I found it by entering
charter in the "search this group" box. There is also a lot of interesting
information in the archives, which can be found by clicking "about this
group". The archive listing shows a definite slowdown in posts over the last
few years. I'm basically a lurker, and have been glad to see the revived
interest in this newsgroup.
Linda

Following is the Charter for this group:
CHARTER: rec.crafts.rubberstamps
The purpose of the newsgroup is to facilitate open discussion of the Craft
of rubberstamping. It will provide a global forum to discuss topics
concerning rubberstamping, its techniques, vendors, sources of supplies, and
to arrange swaps.

The group will be un-moderated.

Postings from vendors advertising their products and sales are welcome
provided they announce the word vendor in the subject line of their posting.

END CHARTER.

The group was proposed and organized by:
Phyllis
Linda
Suzanne
Karen
Michele
Kim

although none of us currently seem to be very active in the group.

Posting gifs, jpegs, etc. is not allowed as it is only allowed in the
alt.binaries newsgroups.

I hope this answers any questions.

The following was written by: Gina Bull

I thought I'd weigh in on this since I've been a Usenet administrator for a
couple of decades (time flies...)

Usenet is a text medium. It was developed back when there was only text.
Then file structures got more complicated ... and large. Then the focus was
on conservation of disk space. Folks who ran news servers didn't want the
"binaries" because they take up so much more disk space than simple text.
allow a site to accept those or not, depending on their space situation.

Fast forward to now. Usenet is still a text medium. But web sites have been
developed that host images, often for free. The practice now is to put a web
link in a Usenet post that leads to an image residing on one of those
image-hosting services.

Two popular image-hosting sites are Flikr (
www.flikr.com) and WebShots
(www.webshots.com). There are others. The folks in rec.crafts.scrapbooks use
this method frequently, and many posters include a link to their main image
web page as part of their signatures.

For example, here is my beach scrapbook:
http://community.webshots.com/user/ginainva

So make yourself an album somewhere, and share your stamping. Then I'll
resolve to put mine online, too. :-)

Gina Bull
Network Systems
Information Technology and Communications
University of Virginia

On 12/12/06 1:19 PM, in article
, "Roscoe2"