I finished my first quilt!

Old November 30th 03, 11:04 PM
lloer

Default I finished my first quilt!

I derlurked a few weks ago and haven't posted since. That's because I've
been really busy!

I've finished my first proper quilt! (I did make a small tablemat size one a
couple of weeks ago but that doesn't count).

The quilt is for my Dad who's birthday is on the 5th (he's also quite ill as
he has an inoperable brain tumour) and its a lap quilt which turned out to
be 49" by 60". I finished it tonight and its in the washing machine. Once
its dry I'll take photos but I can tell you that its made from almost
totally recycled fabrics - I had buy some fabric for the borders.

Regards

Emma

-----------------------------------

Free the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Old November 30th 03, 11:16 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
YEEE-HAW!!!!!

Finished is the best kind of quilt. Good for you, Emma.
No resting now, what's next? ;-D

Ragmop/Sandy--gentle hugs for your dad

Old November 30th 03, 11:19 PM
The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

Emma-

I'm so sorry to hear of your father's illness. I will pray for him.
BUT.... YAAAAAaaaayyyy!!! for you and your first finished quilt! It
will bring him much comfort and you can be very proud of yourself. What
are you going to do for your next quilt project?

Leslie and Furbabies in MO.

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life...they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

Old November 30th 03, 11:28 PM
lloer

Ellison wrote:
Howdy!
YEEE-HAW!!!!!

Finished is the best kind of quilt. Good for you, Emma.
No resting now, what's next? ;-D

Ragmop/Sandy--gentle hugs for your dad

Thanks

I'm not sure what's next - maybe a crazy quilt cushion cover. Or perhaps the
pair of trousers that I bought everything for over six weeks ago and still
haven't round to.

I forgot to mentiion in my other post. - I work for a small software company
who produce websites for curtain and upholstery companies so we have an
building stacked full of fabric samples! Its torture sitting at my desk
staring at the lovely fabric all day. My boss has said that I can take home
anything I fancy from the older stuff that hasn't been reclaimed though
*grin*

Emma

Old December 1st 03, 01:48 AM
Carolyn McCarty

Congrats! What's next?

I'm sure your dad will love that quilt!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green
If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. Carolyn McCarty

Old December 1st 03, 02:41 AM
Coleen

Emma --

Congrats on finishing the quilt for your Dad. Sending good thoughts and
prayers for him. Can't wait to see pictures of the quilt.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen
Queen of Loving Stitches

Old December 1st 03, 04:38 AM
Melissa in NJ

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa in NJ

--
and the "Boos Hounds" (Bear, Bits, and Lexus)
and Maxi (aka Witch Kitty with a "B"), Kenobi (aka "Kitty Wan Kenobi"),

Pics of My Quilts:
http://community.webshots.com/user/quiltngryhndlady

Quilt Something for Yourself! Adopt a Racing Greyhound!
--
Remove STOPCRAP to reply

Old December 1st 03, 07:30 AM
Lynn Tocker

Well done Emma!! You'll probably find that you've caught the 'Hmmm I'll
just have a quick look at that design, and that fabric would look rather
good' Bug. Hope so :-)
Lynn

Old December 1st 03, 08:10 AM
Patti

Well done, Emma!
A first quilt is so special.
I'm really sorry about your Dad; but quilts from daughters have very
special comforting powers. It will be lovely to see a picture when you
can.
Meanwhile - doing a little happy toe-tapping for you.
..
In article , lloer
writes
I derlurked a few weks ago and haven't posted since. That's because I've
been really busy!

I've finished my first proper quilt! (I did make a small tablemat size one a
couple of weeks ago but that doesn't count).

The quilt is for my Dad who's birthday is on the 5th (he's also quite ill as
he has an inoperable brain tumour) and its a lap quilt which turned out to
be 49" by 60". I finished it tonight and its in the washing machine. Once
its dry I'll take photos but I can tell you that its made from almost
totally recycled fabrics - I had buy some fabric for the borders.

Regards

Emma

--
Best Regards