I'm now at liberty to dish!

Old January 10th 04, 04:09 AM
Gillian Murray

No dear, it has to be dry!!! Sweet red reminds me of port and lemon!!Mydear
father is shuddering in his grave. LOL
Gillian
"stitcher" wrote in message
On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 19:33:07 -0400, wrote:

Well I am very surprised this is the surprising way it is.
Surprisingly I say, a pox on it all. Here - have a nice glass of
wine Ruby - your surprise is confounding me.

Sheena

Wine for moi????
How unsurprising sweet of you.
Ruby

Old January 10th 04, 05:04 AM
Paula Hubert-Vooght

Glad you got your stuff back!

What you've said confirms an impression I got before I found the 'net and all
the great stitching stuffs available. I didn't have a LNS at the time, and
found an ad for her shop in a magazine, along with an ad for Mary Jane's. I
called about a chart I wanted, and her ad stated that she carried the full line
of these charts. I placed an order, got my supplies.. but didn't really care
for the way I was spoken to on the phone. Nothing out and out rude or
anything.. just an impression.

I was going to place another order, but had several questions about what I was
going to do. I asked a couple of my questions while I was on the phone with
them, and was made to feel like a complete idiot. I ended up not placing the
order with Ginger's and called Mary Janes, where I was treated very well. I
still order pretty regularly from Mary Janes when I can't find what I need or
want in the shops that I can get to.

Paula H
Old January 10th 04, 06:27 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

to my first reaction , to Animaux lengthly story about her so called
Calmness , with lots of material she attributed to her new found
religion/philosophy.
But there were other times, when you spoke , so called from the Height
of Your `better` knowledge, You know what you write and do ,,, i hope
mirjam ,
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 01:27:25 GMT, stitcher wrote:

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 22:58:21 GMT, (Mirjam
Bruck-Cohen) wrote:

lately you ``were surprised about my attidtude to something ...." i
just though you might go on with this nice trait ....
mirjam

OK! OK!
Uncle!!!!!!
When was I surprised, why was I surprised , what was I surprised
about and will I be surprised with the answer???????
Ruby

Old January 10th 04, 06:40 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Good Morning RUBY ,,,, God forbid , asking you or anyone else to agree
WITH ME on anything ,,,, i hoped you `surprised ` reaction will engulf
Other people as well ..... if it was a good surprise ,,,, why not
,,,,if it was a less good surprise why only me ,,, the more the
merrier...
Esp since you told me you read the Jerusalem Post Every day .... one
expects some of it rubs of on a person .....all this holiness etc,,,,
Jerusalem syndrom etc....
Discussers Anonymous

thank you for the funny stuff , had to laugh. I hope it released you
of your ???? what ever feelings you felt....
ps i never asked, demanded , hoped that any one in wil agree with
everything i say , i only asked that people will respect the
possibility , that there are OTHER Points of view , to many matters,
and that sometimes a person closer [ either geographicly, historicly,
ideaologicly, professionaly ] to the subject , might be closer to the
facts than a far away person.
mirjam
,
topics or view point. Conversely I may in future and have in the
past disagreed with Mirijams opinions on some topics, subjects,
viewpoints etc. which should therefore not be inferred that I
disagree with all of Mirijams opinions on all topics, subjects, etc.
I am not ready to move to step 1 that being to believe with all my
heart that Mirijams opinions are the only true opinions. But with
your help and God willing I may in time be able to accept step 1 and
move on to Step 2 . Step 2 being to only view the world from the top
of a mountain or very big hill.
Please tell me this is not a 12 step program. Sigh!!!!!

Old January 10th 04, 06:44 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Who is the Maker of this delightful cat figure ..... Lovely thank you
((
/\ /\ ))
/@ @\ ((
\ _* _/\\\\\\
/ * \
/ \ /\
/ \ //
/ \ //
# # # #

mirjam

Old January 10th 04, 06:47 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Sheena what a pity you don`t apply the rule of "never should have
passed the lips..." to some of the words you have written here over
the last years.
mirjam

It sounds surprisingly systematically like we have already sipped
sybaritically of the sinful liquor that should never have passed the
lips...aaah

Old January 10th 04, 01:51 PM
zita_tempest

Ah, what a wonderful glass of whatever it was that surprisingly passed my
lips

And, surprise, surprise, even my cat likes it...

Isabel

wrote in message
news
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 01:46:02 GMT, stitcher wrote:

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 23:50:55 GMT, "zita_tempest"
wrote:

May I join you in that glass of wine? My mouth is hanging open in

surprise.

What a nice surprise, pass the surprisingly good homemade plonk.
Not surprisingly we would be happy to have you join us in sipping this
surprisingly good vintage.
ruby

Old January 11th 04, 12:31 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Ruby , it is our habit to alreadysay Good Week , after dark falls here
,,, so Good week to you
the diverse, varied opinions on the many important issues facing your
country.

I am very glad that you are so interested in what is going here , to
bother and read the papers , i was not so happy, or rather a bit
amazed , when at various discussions , you tried to correct my , fact
giving , or even my point of view ,as not relevant or not true ,
basing them on reading those papers, The writers of certain papers
have opinions as well ,,, + many a paper has a policy. Several times
you blauntly refused to accept my words as coming from the place. I
think that after reading my words for so long ,, and even as i never
said what ideology was, mine , it should be clear to you , to which
side my feelings go. And still i think that living here on the streets
, riding the buses etc , gives a better insight , than you can have
reading several newspapers. And also i have the right , from my own
personal , or professional reasons , not always go into every
discussion , and Most of all i do not have to apologise for everything
happening here. or be blamed for it .
of the facts, often it is the ideology that I sometimes take issue
with.

If by now you haven`t placed my ideology , after reading those
newspapers , than maybe you either do not read the `proper` papers ,
or do not grasp the matters as are.
A persons ideology will sometimes influence how they will
interpel

Yes but i live here, i do not interpret , it is you who lives far away
who interprets, When my friends got hurt i didn`t need interpretation
, i went to their funerals, When I could work and inciate groups that
will make Joint work , between Jews and arabs ,i didn`t interpret , i
went out and did it , not always considering my own safety .
Ideological interepretations are good for those far away . and
eventhough my actions were/are in the cause of promoting peace , you
didn`t hesitate to scold me here and there about it, as if i was one
of the war mongers. And you never spoke against the terrorists, in the
same manner.
I would be sad to think that my having been born in 1947
and the many younger people in this world would preclude us from
having an opinion on for example WW2.

pleaae do not distort my words , but i must say ,when the discussions
here , where about facts about WW2, you also didn `t acept the fact
that i am researching , Original Documents, and am in contact with
quite some researcheres, and i never say any fact that is unknown to
me , or that i heard via via , without checking its origin, it`s
validity , its possibility . [ like some body who told a weird story,
that just couldn`t be verified . ]
I stop
reading the histories of for example the jewish resistance fighters in
Poland during WW2 , Fighters of the forest. ????? Proximity does not
always mean truth in causation, interpretation of "the facts"
sometimes it leads to a vary narrow focus.

I see your point , and appreciate your reading , and don`t want to
make a competition, But would you believe me that i am reading/ have
read `some` books about it , as well as `some` Authentic Documents. as
well as heard `some` people `s real life evidences. which requests
that you should at least , try and accept part of my words about it.
as historical facts and not interepretations , nore fables , nore my
imagination.
When I am concentrating on
one or two stitches or one area of a project I do not see the whole
picture, projects.

That is just my point , i am not comncentrating on one stich nore two
, to take your example ,, i do the above reading , etc,,,, for over 40
years now ,,, and still learn ... i go to conferences , dig in piles
of real Documents ,,, etc...
And that was all i requested , that you respect my , yes `Closer to
the place /subject position`, [ not to mention the linguistic
possibility] ,as much as you respect your own `aquired `knowledge.
ps there is nothing wrong with being close to the place/ facts etc....
those books you read were after all written by people who were there
at the place ,,, so if you accept the books as Facts , why are mine
not accepted at same manner?
mirjam

Using your own logic should you be offering
opinions on subjects in which you are distanced from "the facts"
historically, geographically, politically, ideologically???
Ruby

Old January 11th 04, 12:31 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

There you go again Ruby ,,,,you try and make the MORAL [double talk]
rules ....
have i ever insulted this lady , as she regulary does to me or to
others ? or did i use the .[.Ahum ]
terms she uses quite often ????
mirjam On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:42:47 GMT, stitcher
wrote:

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 05:47:43 GMT, (Mirjam
Bruck-Cohen) wrote:

Sheena what a pity you don`t apply the rule of "never should have
passed the lips..." to some of the words you have written here over
the last years.
mirjam

Practise what you preach
Ruby

Old January 11th 04, 03:20 AM
zita_tempest

Nope, not a Canuck, a Yankee.

I live in Upstate New York, but most of us are very good at surprise, too.

Isabel

wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:51:49 GMT, "zita_tempest"
wrote:

Ah, what a wonderful glass of whatever it was that surprisingly passed my
lips

And, surprise, surprise, even my cat likes it...

Isabel

Where are you Isabel with this surprisingly stupid sense of surprise??
Do I smell another Canuck somewhere, said she totally surprised ?

FA: Stunning Prehistroic Fossil Jewelry Box and Dish Laraw1 Marketplace 0 November 13th 04 03:22 PM
vintage Martex dish towel jon and/or mary Marketplace 0 January 12th 04 04:38 AM
casserole dish sandi Pottery 3 December 16th 03 05:28 AM
eBay Fish - Planter, Dish, Monkeypod Ulua, Ashtray Selina Carving 0 August 2nd 03 01:21 PM