Wow, Ginger's Needlearts Store has closed!!!!!!

Old October 15th 13, 05:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
thubten

Default Wow, Ginger's Needlearts Store has closed!!!!!!

I still can't believe it! Here is more info about it.

http://sublimestitching.com/blogs/ne...aming-to-close

Hmmmm, does this mean I'm supposed to open a needlework shop in Austin
or surrounding? There is no other outside of one up in Georgetown,
TX.

Wow!
Old October 15th 13, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruth[_4_]

On Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:15:37 AM UTC-5, thubten wrote:
I still can't believe it! Here is more info about it.

http://sublimestitching.com/blogs/ne...aming-to-close

Hmmmm, does this mean I'm supposed to open a needlework shop in Austin

or surrounding? There is no other outside of one up in Georgetown,

TX.

Wow!

That is always a sad thing to hear about. Unfortunately it's happening more and more. What's really sad is that she's been in the same location for so long and the people whom she rented her space from refused to negotiate the rent. Hopefully the space will stay vacant for a long long time.
Old October 16th 13, 11:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 10/15/13 12:15 PM, thubten wrote:
I still can't believe it! Here is more info about it.

http://sublimestitching.com/blogs/ne...aming-to-close

Hmmmm, does this mean I'm supposed to open a needlework shop in Austin
or surrounding? There is no other outside of one up in Georgetown,
TX.

Wow!

that stinks

My "sort of LNS" has closed but is going to remain in business in Spring
Texas as mail order and eventually as a brick and mortar store.

Old October 16th 13, 11:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 10/15/2013 11:15 AM, thubten wrote:
I still can't believe it! Here is more info about it.

http://sublimestitching.com/blogs/ne...aming-to-close

Hmmmm, does this mean I'm supposed to open a needlework shop in Austin
or surrounding? There is no other outside of one up in Georgetown,
TX.

Wow!

Go for it, Vic! It sounds like you'd have some ready-made customers.

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old October 16th 13, 11:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 10/15/2013 1:10 PM, Ruth wrote:

That is always a sad thing to hear about. Unfortunately it's happening more
and more. What's really sad is that she's been in the same location for so
long and the people whom she rented her space from refused to negotiate the rent.

The same happened with DH's friend, who had his own liquor store
(granted, they're more numerous than ndlwk stores!). He'd been there
since it opened and all of a sudden the owner wanted an exorbitant
amount of rent. He sold the store to the local grocery chain and now
manages the liquor section. It turned out okay for him, though. He's
much happier cuz he has less responsibility and can spend more time with
his young kids.

Old October 17th 13, 12:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
thubten

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 06:16:00 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 10/15/13 12:15 PM, thubten wrote:
I still can't believe it! Here is more info about it.

http://sublimestitching.com/blogs/ne...aming-to-close

Hmmmm, does this mean I'm supposed to open a needlework shop in Austin
or surrounding? There is no other outside of one up in Georgetown,
TX.

Wow!

that stinks

My "sort of LNS" has closed but is going to remain in business in Spring
Texas as mail order and eventually as a brick and mortar store.

There are, or were two great LNS's in Spring, TX. It's a burb of
Houston. The store I liked is really gigantic. I hope they aren't
going out.

Old October 17th 13, 12:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
thubten

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 17:48:59 -0500, Joan Erickson
wrote:

Go for it, Vic! It sounds like you'd have some ready-made customers.

Years ago I looked into it and back then, about ten years back, it
would cost about 150k to start up a small store. It may not be a good
investment in this economy. I am going to look into it...rents,
spaces, etc.
Old October 17th 13, 03:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

On 10/16/2013 6:16 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 10/15/13 12:15 PM, thubten wrote:
I still can't believe it! Here is more info about it.

http://sublimestitching.com/blogs/ne...aming-to-close

Hmmmm, does this mean I'm supposed to open a needlework shop in Austin
or surrounding? There is no other outside of one up in Georgetown,
TX.

Wow!

that stinks

My "sort of LNS" has closed but is going to remain in business in Spring
Texas as mail order and eventually as a brick and mortar store.

Man years ago there were at least 2 LNS's in Spring..back in the early
1990s. It was a cute little town, and we would enjoy going there, poking
around, and have a nice lunch. Probably by now it is part of a major
metropolis!

Gill
Old October 17th 13, 01:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

wrote:

Go for it, Vic! It sounds like you'd have some ready-made customers.

Years ago I looked into it and back then, about ten years back, it
would cost about 150k to start up a small store. It may not be a good
investment in this economy. I am going to look into it...rents,
spaces, etc.

don't forget to investigate more unusual spaces - a bead store I used to
love (since closed due to reasons other than lack of business) was in an
industrial park. Easy highway access (important), lower rent since it
was leftover space. Place always smelled like bleach since one of the
neighbors was an industrial laundry service but it wasn't unbearable

Old November 4th 13, 01:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Magic Mood Jeep[_3_]

On Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:15:37 PM UTC-4, thubten wrote:
I still can't believe it! Here is more info about it.

http://sublimestitching.com/blogs/ne...aming-to-close

Hmmmm, does this mean I'm supposed to open a needlework shop in Austin

or surrounding? There is no other outside of one up in Georgetown,

TX.

Wow!

I have an LNS about 5 miles from where I live, and there is a LN/Y/QS withing a few blocks of where a group I belong to has their monthly get-togethers.

Keepsake Needlearts Maureen Grace-Miller Needlework 16 January 20th 11 06:32 PM
Cinnamon & Ginger--Store Sample--Picture joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska Quilting 12 March 27th 09 07:33 PM
Keepsake Needlearts Suzanne Needlework 9 June 16th 04 10:37 PM
Top 3 Needlearts ~ A New Poll Russell Miller Needlework 79 December 13th 03 01:48 AM
Top 3 Needlearts ~ A New Poll Lee Needlework 6 December 8th 03 01:47 AM