Anyone hate working with specific colors?

Old August 23rd 09, 02:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sterling[_3_]

Default Anyone hate working with specific colors?

thanks!!

I really had a blast doing the bride and mother's jewelry. Those two would make a great example of
the type of jewelry that I like to make. I could never get into weaving or using seedbeads cause
those things are so damn small... *squinting* very very hard to see and time consuming to use I
bet.

Sterling

"Heather" wrote in message ...
Absolutely exquisite!! You did a marvellous job on all of it. I, of course, am partial to the
greens and just love the mother of the bride set. But the bride's jewellery is so unique!! I see
what you mean re the red.....it is lovely too, but as I am also not a red person, I would prefer
working with the greens or turquoises.

I end up working with a lot of shades of blue, and sterling silver. But as I was (operative word
here) a redhead and have green eyes, I prefer gold and greens. But my pocketbook prefers
sterling, lol.

Again.....you did a SMASHING job on all of it......it is beautiful.

Cheers......Heather

"Sterling" wrote in message
I think sage green is more of a silverish green gray ... if you know what I mean.
I like all colors, with Blue being my favorite, but I don't like working with Reds. Weird huh?

I finished the jewelry, imaged them all, and put it up on a temporary page on the net....
http://members.cox.net/silveredleaf/index.htm

Its funny, but I re-did the red jewelry about 5 times each till I settled on what you see. Like
I said before, the blue and green jewelry were a lot of fun to make cause those two have to be my
favorite colors to work with.

Sterling

"Heather" wrote in message
Hmmm, if I called it "sage green" would you like it better?? I happen to LOVE sage green and am
trying to imagine whether khaki is different. Is it? Just a thought.

Cheers...Heather

"Dwyn" wrote in message
Khaki. Ugh. I just tried a new (to me) glass last night and it came
out Khaki. I've decided that's it - that the colour I can't stand - I
can't even be objective about the shape of the bead - because the
colour is getting in the way.

Old August 23rd 09, 03:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather[_3_]

Hey twin.......that is the kind that I like to make, but I am not in your
league yet. I am also not into weaving or seedbeads either......just not my
thing. I prefer something like you do that makes "an elegant
statement".......a bigger piece or two, but not gaudy.

I am working on one with Vintaj brass at the moment that was featured in
BeadStyle.....I fell in love with that one and had to order the Vintaj from
the US.....but it's here and I am playing with the pearl colour combinations
at the moment. I will be making two. One in coppers and golds, and one in
blues and greens.

I have only been into this for 2.5 years......and with no LBS anymore and no
one I have found that is into this other than making *pop-it bead necklaces*
with Michaels stuff, I learn from magazines and things on the Internet.
Also from Dwyn, who does the most beautiful lampwork....but I won't tell her
that, grin. And I will get out to BeadFX one of these days for a class in
bead crochet.

My daughter does a smashing job as well, but then she is an artist and one
up on me there. When she gets home for Xmas, we will be glued to the joolz
table, lol. We work really well together......lots of giggles as well. But
unfortunately she lives out in Vancouver BC, so only gets here once a year.

Cheers....Heather

Old August 23rd 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dwyn

On Aug 21, 10:19*pm, "Heather" wrote:
Hmmm, if I called it "sage green" would you like it better?? *I happen to
LOVE sage green and am trying to imagine whether khaki is different. *Is it?
Just a thought.

Cheers...Heather

Mebbe.

If I had been more aggressive with the reduction (for the bronzey
highlights) or just plain expecting this colour - I might be liking it
better. I also am really unhappy with the hands - that doesn't help.
If I thought of her as the "Sage Goddess" - it would probably be ok -
but instead - I think of her as "the Green Army Guys Goddess."

To put my money where my mouth is, so to speak, I offer these pictures
as proof of my point. http://entertainment.webshots.com/al...=entertainment
Goddess beads in green - not so much. :-P

Old August 23rd 09, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather[_3_]

"Dwyn" wrote in message
On Aug 21, 10:19 pm, "Heather" wrote:
Hmmm, if I called it "sage green" would you like it better?? I happen to
LOVE sage green and am trying to imagine whether khaki is different. Is
it?
Just a thought.

Cheers...Heather

Mebbe.

If I had been more aggressive with the reduction (for the bronzey
highlights) or just plain expecting this colour - I might be liking it
better. I also am really unhappy with the hands - that doesn't help.
If I thought of her as the "Sage Goddess" - it would probably be ok -
but instead - I think of her as "the Green Army Guys Goddess."

To put my money where my mouth is, so to speak, I offer these pictures
as proof of my point.
http://entertainment.webshots.com/al...=entertainment
Goddess beads in green - not so much. :-P

***Well, I have to admit that the colour is not really sage or khaki.....too
much yellow to my thinking. You have a bronze bead on that mandrel.....were
you going for one in that colour too??

Why do people like goddesses?? Why are goddesses always majorly obese?? I
think I will be a skinny goddess in my own mind.......LOL.

I think I will quit while I am ahead...snicker.

Old August 23rd 09, 06:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

They are all so very lovely. I like them very much.
Hugs
Shirley

In message , Sterling
writes

--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old August 23rd 09, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sterling[_3_]

Hey, I really like that color. Not that I would wear it (unless I had the perfect outfit) - but I
don't mind working with it.

I made a bracelet with some of those colors: http://members.cox.net/silveredleaf/BRC-00030.JPG

The photo is kinda washed out cause I couldn't get the lighting right, but you get the idea. The
stone that I used in the bracelet is called many names, but the one that stands out in my mind is
Tera Aqua Jasper. Its the blending of the Khaki green with the cooler aqua colored green that
reminds me of earth & water.

But, I think Heather is right - the color of your goddess is not what I consider sage green. It is
still a nice color though, and if you have just the right outfit, any jewelry you made with it could
look great.

Sterling

Old August 24th 09, 02:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dwyn

On Aug 23, 11:57*am, "Sterling"
wrote:
Hey, I really like that color. *Not that I would wear it (unless I had the perfect outfit) - but I
don't mind working with it.

I made a bracelet with some of those colors:http://members.cox.net/silveredleaf/BRC-00030.JPG

The photo is kinda washed out cause I couldn't get the lighting right, but you get the idea. *The
stone that I used in the bracelet is called many names, but the one that stands out in my mind is
Tera Aqua Jasper. *Its the blending of the Khaki green with the cooler aqua colored green that
reminds me of earth & water.

But, I think Heather is right - the color of your goddess is not what I consider sage green. *It is
still a nice color though, and if you have just the right outfit, any jewelry you made with it could
look great.

Actually - a copper green patina is about right. OK - I can live w
that - and, in fact - copper is one of the colourants in the glass.
Sometimes it is all about the description and the mindset.

I know that stone - can't think of the name right now - but I like the
way the translucent parts sort of seem to sink into the matrix part.
As you say - very earth and water. Sort of "a river runs through it."
Old August 24th 09, 03:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dwyn

Why do people like goddesses?? *Why are goddesses always majorly obese?? *I
think I will be a skinny goddess in my own mind.......LOL.

They are a fertility symbol from days when being able to get more than
enough to eat was a major accomplishment.

But some folks do make 'em skinny.

It's the person that makes 'em with little tiny fetuses floating
inside a clear glass belly that gross me out - no disrespect intended
but that is just waaaay too much information for me. JMHO ;-)