How Sad!!

Old July 13th 09, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dwyn

Default Dwyn's Beads (was How Sad!!)

On Jul 12, 4:22*pm, Tina wrote:
Yeah, I remember the mood rings. *They never had very good colors.
And these beads look nice, but I like having more control of the
colours in a composition than a range from purple through to orange!
What colour shift beads are there besides the "alexandrite"? *I'd love
something in the blue green range but have never seen that.

I didn't know about the propane tank level indicators. *And you say
they use that technology for wind-chill? *Fairbanks, and especially my
place, has very little wind, so I've never really paid much attention
to that. *But you get that nasty wind off Lake Superior in
Scarborough, don't you.

Did I say wind-chill? Oops - WINE-temperature. What a difference one
measly letter makes! LOL

In glass - Alexandrite - blue to mauve. Effetre calls it Lavendar, I
think. Two shades - the darker one is really nice - beautiful for
encasing - as it doesn't scum. Gorgeous glass.

There is also a pink / green shift in the bullseye glass - Called
Rhubarb.

Swarovski beads have the Alexandrite blue pink shift. and they have a
colour called Cantalope that is a green pink shift that also looks
greyish in some lights.

CiM glass has Larkspur and Count Von Count is pink / blue. And Crocus
is a pink green shift.

And I recently ran across some commercial beads shaped like coffee
beans that are brown in some lights - like chocolate - and red in
others - like cinnamon hearts. So if the glass is available for
commercial beads - it should be available somewhere for
flameworking. ;-)
Old July 14th 09, 05:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Tina[_3_]

Aha, You did say wine not wind. My bad.

I do have some beads made by Nicole Weltch of Black Cat Beads (moved
from Sacramento, CA to somewhere near Pheonix, AZ a few years ago) in
that glass that shifts from pink to green. The green is nice, but the
pink is not very pink. Both are pastel. They're fun.

Tina

Old July 14th 09, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dwyn

On Jul 14, 12:56*am, Tina wrote:
Aha, You did say wine not wind. *My bad.

I do have some beads made by Nicole Weltch of Black Cat Beads (moved
from Sacramento, CA to somewhere near Pheonix, AZ a few years ago) in
that glass that shifts from pink to green. *The green is nice, but the
pink is not very pink. *Both are pastel. *They're fun.

Tina

It does make designing jewelry with them a challenge. Trying to make
sure the colours work in all lights! That's why I was so pleasantly
surprised that the mood beads worked with one of the lampwork beads -
it had just enough of the right colours to work with all the
colours!!!