I think it's time for a new round of

Old December 5th 08, 12:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default I think it's time for a new round of

On 12/4/08 9:19 PM, in article , "Karen C
in California" wrote:

I'm coming down the home stretch of GMTA, for the friend who really does
think alike, and then I'll start BFF for the one who really has been
best friend for ever (since we were 8).

Reading ... I have a pile of books next to the bed and don't seem to get
to them because it's too much like what I do for work. Tonight, I will
be reading about 300 pages of breach of contract instead of a novel.

I've forgotten - which one is GMTA???

Cheryl

Old December 5th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 12/4/08 6:36 AM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

What are you stitching?

Hmm - actively working on Baroque. On black. Almost done with the horrible
outlining (mosaics, smyrna's, XS) in black perle 5, and deep violet blue in
perle 8. Horrible to see but necesseary. The outlines in the lavender, no
problem - except for my fingers actually getting sore from pulling. Anyone
looking at the model link - all the diamond shapes are inner & outer
outlines, also the doubled rectangles in the corners, the center almost
circle, and the almost circle in the corner motifs. Umm - yup, my colors
have nothing to do w/ the original (black in Red areas, Purples in
teal/green areas, and icy greyish/lavender instead of gold). So, I can't
wait to do the "fun" stuff. Could start the center motif - as that is done.
And 70% of the outer double diamomd, about 50% of the inner double diamond
(black), and 2 of the doubled rectangles. However, I'm plugging along. I do
not recommned working black perle on black background for relaxation - at
all. It's really difficult to see doing the rows of mosaic stitch. Snyrbas
and XS not so bad, These outlines have to be done as they're anchoring
points for the "fun" stitches - which are mostly kind of long length, kind
of "loose" that have to be laid into place nicely. And I'm keeping notes,
as I'm teaching this piece in Jan/Feb and debating the "pre-work" issue. If
I was teaching it at guild, it would definitely have pre-work. But, for a
shop class, I'm trying to decide if we can do a different order. So that's
my stitching.

Also, picked back up on Twister - plan massive time on that for next week as
I'm teaching the next section the following week.

Picking and choosing - I think I'm going to finally finish my Drawn Thread
Welcome spot sampler. It's very close to being done. And picking up my fun
Ostrich family.

I'm working on a Dimensions kit - Live Simply. I've replace the Mill Hill
Xmas sampler with this for my girlfriend next door. I need, well, peace and
quiet to work on the Mill Hill, I just don't have it. So she'll get it next
year.

I plan to finish the other as a no sew block that she can put on the screen
porch table.

Cheryl

Sounds nice. I have a stack of a few finished pieces, er, waiting to be
"finished" .

Ellice

Old December 5th 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 12/4/08 8:30 AM, "MargW" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
What are you stitching?

I'm working on a Dimensions kit - Live Simply. I've replace the Mill Hill
Xmas sampler with this for my girlfriend next door. I need, well, peace and
quiet to work on the Mill Hill, I just don't have it. So she'll get it next
year.

I plan to finish the other as a no sew block that she can put on the screen
porch table.

Cheryl

I recently finished an Amy Mitten sampler, the Tanya Berlin piece from
class (Bird of Paradise) on green silk, and an ornament for our Guild
exchange later today. I'll have to get pictures of these and put up on
RCTNP.

I love that Tanya Berlin piece - congrats - looking forward to the picture.

For a break and something simpler, I'm now working on a MLI Christmas
freebie. I do these on 13 count plastic canvas, add a backing and hang
on the tree. I have roughly 45 handmade ornaments (both ones I did, and
ornament exchange ones) on my tree.

MargW

That's definitely a switch - but sounds like a good idea.

Ellice

Old December 5th 08, 07:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 12/4/08 8:42 AM, "Donna" wrote:

On Dec 4, 6:36*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
What are you stitching?

Cheryl

Only two projects in the current rotation:

Laura J. Perrin's Amethyst Dreams, which I'm not stitching in
amethyst, but blacks, silvers, and grays and thus I refer to this
project as "In the Midnight Hour." More than 75% finished. Need to
make the big push on this one. This was a class that Ellice taught
last summer.

And it's stunning. If we're lucky - we could both finish and get them into
Woodlawn - tee hee (my excuse, I taught it twice, and had to leave my piece
in the works to be able to show the students in session 2 the back, etc.)

And Martina Dey's Tsunami Charity sampler that was in the autumn 2007
issue of SANQ. I replaced the silks with Crescent Colours and figure
I'm about 20% done. I've developed a new fondness for Quaker style
samplers. Very relaxing, meditative stitching.

Donna in Virginia

And it looks nice in the CC.

Ellice

Round Robins Elly Quilting 4 September 1st 07 05:23 PM
Princess Cut vs. Round Frosty Jewelry 5 February 28th 07 10:53 AM
Is it time for a round of who we are??? Frank Thallas Needlework 112 January 8th 05 12:48 AM
Mini Round Robin Time!!!!!! Keith and Michelle Pope Quilting 3 January 28th 04 06:16 AM