AD, sort of - Tink

Old December 13th 04, 09:39 PM
Tinkster

Default AD, sort of - Tink

I put "sort of" in the subject line because both of my new vessels
have reserves on them. You can read more info on this work at the link
in my sig.

Here's my latest flame vessel:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/1213flame.jpg

....and a closeup of one of the flames on the handle:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/handleflame.jpg

This is my Woodland Arbor vessel:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/woodlandarbor.jpg

I have a lot of vessel ideas along these lines. I'm having a blast
making them! I've only been getting two done per session. Part of the
reason for that is that they take so long. The other reason is that my
injured knee and toe really start acting up when I sit at the torch.
After two vessels, I'm ready to quit.

Thanks for looking!

Tink
Check here for available work:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm
Old December 13th 04, 10:08 PM
~Candace~

Oh My Dear Gawd. It's a damned good thing that those are reserved and that
I have reserved my birthday money for my beady day with Carla. Otherwise, I
would be the proud new owner of both, as well as the chick that goes around
rubbing them in other people's faces, whether they liked them or not!

SaWeet. Incredibly SaWeet vessels, Tink.

vesselgasm

~Candace~

Old December 13th 04, 10:24 PM
Tinkster

Vesselgasm!!!! I LOVE IT! ROFL!

I have so many ideas for this type vessel... One that I wanted to is
"Air and Earth", essentially earthy and the bottom, graduating to
sky-like stuff at the top. Then I remembered that Kandice is Air and
Earth. LOL! Maybe I could do "Sky and Dirt" or something. :-)

Thank you, Candace! You made my day!

Old December 13th 04, 10:45 PM
~Candace~

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg! What about a whole line of vessels in
an Elements theme? Earth, Air, Fire, Water. OH man, hold me while I lust
over things not yet created!

~Candace~

Old December 13th 04, 10:49 PM
Beadseeker

Tink,
Love the Woodland Arbor vessel. Makes me want to design a MidSummer Night's
Dream necklace. I actually have beads and dragonflies reserved for this, I
wanted to design one after I saw the most recent version of the movie which I
found magical. Never got around to doing it, of course. I need more time to
bead for ME!!
Patti
Old December 13th 04, 11:40 PM
Kandice Seeber

Love the Woodland Arbor vessel - very earthy!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old December 14th 04, 12:32 AM
Karen_AZ

Stupid question, because I haven't been paying attention (my bad)...are
those vessels blown or wound (or a little of both)?

I just tried my first "wound then blown" vessel on Saturday. It came out
pretty good, except I fussed so much over the (single) handle that I let the
lip wrap chill and it cracked while it was soaking. sob

But, they're FUN!

KarenK

Old December 14th 04, 12:46 AM
Tinkster

Wound then blown...

Do more! I want to see PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And email
me if you have any questions or anything, ok?

Old December 14th 04, 04:56 AM
Karen_AZ

LOL I was planning to do more tomorrow. I only have one hollow tube (3/8")
so it takes a while. I really want to get more. (Something else on my Xmas
list.)

I need to work on handles....that one that the lip wrap cracked on lost it's
handles today, while it was sitting on my kitchen counter. I think they were
just attached poorly. sigh

I plan to do one tomorrow. Wish me luck!

KarenK

Old December 14th 04, 04:59 AM
Tinkster

I wish you oodles of luck! Did you know I'm just wrapping up a hollow
mandrel buy?
http://blackswampglassworks.com/mandrels.htm

I wish I could spend even an hour with you to give you some hands-on
pointers...