Oh the storm we're gettin

Old February 25th 07, 05:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Carol In WI

Default Oh the storm we're gettin

Here in Wisconsin, south eastern part, wind, rain, snow, thunder, oh yeah
power keeps going out. Yuk! Carol In WI
Thank goodness for candles and lamps.

Old February 25th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
roseannl

On Feb 25, 12:17 am, "Carol In WI" wrote:
Here in Wisconsin, south eastern part, wind, rain, snow, thunder, oh yeah
power keeps going out. Yuk! Carol In WI
Thank goodness for candles and lamps.

Anderson Indiana - Just northeast of Indy - On top of our barely
melted 15" from the blizzard on the 13th, we got an ice storm last
night...WHILE I was at work. Not fun to drive home in, but I made it
ok. They're calling for 40o F today, so maybe some of this junk will
melt & go away! Soooooo tired of winter that I had to start a project
w/ bright flowers & birds, etc!

Hugs n' Stitches - RoseAnn
http://roseannl.multiply.com

Old February 25th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

"roseannl" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 25, 12:17 am, "Carol In WI" wrote:
Here in Wisconsin, south eastern part, wind, rain, snow, thunder, oh yeah
power keeps going out. Yuk! Carol In WI
Thank goodness for candles and lamps.

Anderson Indiana - Just northeast of Indy - On top of our barely
melted 15" from the blizzard on the 13th, we got an ice storm last
night...WHILE I was at work. Not fun to drive home in, but I made it
ok. They're calling for 40o F today, so maybe some of this junk will
melt & go away! Soooooo tired of winter that I had to start a project
w/ bright flowers & birds, etc!

Hugs n' Stitches - RoseAnn
http://roseannl.multiply.com

You folk make me feel really guilty for moaning about the rain. At least we
now have snowdrops, crocuses (crocii!!) and daffodils out and the day lilies
and Nerines are growing well! I`ll just moan about my broken ankle instead.
(That`ll teach me to deliver Police warnings to our Neighbourhood Watch
group in the dark!!!) At least I have more time to stitch.

Pat

Old February 25th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
CLR

In article ,
says...

"roseannl" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

It's snowing here in Washington really hard. It's only supposed to be a
couple of inches, and then turn to sleet and rain. It's very beautiful
right now, but will get ugly soon. Cold, too! Hope the schools aren't
closed tomorrow; our son has his championship JV basketball game at
7:00!
Old February 25th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher

Pat P wrote:
You folk make me feel really guilty for moaning about the rain. At least we
now have snowdrops, crocuses (crocii!!) and daffodils out and the day lilies
and Nerines are growing well! I`ll just moan about my broken ankle instead.
(That`ll teach me to deliver Police warnings to our Neighbourhood Watch
group in the dark!!!) At least I have more time to stitch.

Sorry to hear about your broken ankle, Pat. As you say - lots more time
to stitch etc
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old February 26th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jenn

On Feb 25, 8:21 am, "roseannl" wrote:
On Feb 25, 12:17 am, "Carol In WI" wrote:

Here in Wisconsin, south eastern part, wind, rain, snow, thunder, oh yeah
power keeps going out. Yuk! Carol In WI
Thank goodness for candles and lamps.

Anderson Indiana - Just northeast of Indy - On top of our barely
melted 15" from the blizzard on the 13th, we got an ice storm last
night...WHILE I was at work. Not fun to drive home in, but I made it
ok. They're calling for 40o F today, so maybe some of this junk will
melt & go away! Soooooo tired of winter that I had to start a project
w/ bright flowers & birds, etc!

Hugs n' Stitches - RoseAnnhttp://roseannl.multiply.com

Our 12+ inches from that storm just melted off in the last day or two
(or mostly so, there were a few small piles left around). Last night
it started up about 5:00 with freezing rain, alternated between rain
and snow throughout the night and all day today. As of last venture
outside, I had 5.5 inches of unflavored snocone base in my front yard,
and I haven't seen a single salt truck roll up my street all day. I'm
kind of hoping for school closures tomorrow because I really do not
want to work tomorrow.

Jenn L. in Chicago delurking

Old February 26th 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 2/25/07 12:34 PM, "Pat P" wrote:

"roseannl" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Huh- did I miss something about your broken ankle? For real - so to speak?
Poor thing.

Personally - I'm exhausted - did my 12 hours in the ER yesterday, and think
I sat for about 30 min total all day. The joy of being the slave to do
meds, do Ivs, do blood draws, etc and I got to translate! It was fun... My
favorite - the 13 yr old who came in with a hurt wrist/arm/thumb - when I
was writing up some info - very nice young boy with his mom - how did it
happen - walking backwards he tripped over a guitar! So, I commented that
he must be in a band, and yup, but as his mom tried to laugh - he plays
drums and no one is really sure what he was doing walking backwards away
from the drum kit and tripping over some itinerant guitar!

Today - CAPS game - snowing since early. Roads very bad. We drove into
Arlington to pick up our friends (he's from California - we don't let him
drive in bad snow) and she's nervous. On one of the highways going in -it
had been somewhat sanded but was not good - (I-66) there is a sudden
terrible jam on the left lane. Right lane moving at a cautious 30 mph or
so, left had been about 35. Suddenly we're at 5, then stopped, then 5 then
stopped. People pulling out to passe on the right and get back in. Some
little Asian lady, in a mid-size Cadillac sedan - hunched over her wheel,
without even her lights on, and not the sense to at least get in the slower,
right lane, or pull off the road. Then after our stop, heading into DC, as
we're on Route 50, passing the Iwo Jima memorial heading towards the TR
bridge - big ice slick. DH got kudos - we did a full set of serpentines - I
think back and forth 6 times, like 3 big connected S patterns - and ended
the right direction, not hitting a wall. Friend in back (for whom DH was
best man a year ago) says KUDOS - Well done, and gal pal his wife - Yeah -
and then "I'm going to take a Xanax now" . But we got there. Weather
better leaving. Got home to about 5" =6", chamged clothes, and went out to
shovel the drive and our front walk (Donna will appreciate). We had a solid
close to foot deep ice pack - so now that it's warming, and we'd moved at
least some of the ice on the drive - this wasn't terrible. But of course we
can't find the big 25# bag of ice melt - so finished the last bit on the
front from porch to drive and hope that's useful. Oh, did I mention that
while shoveling it was freezing rain - but fun.

I think I'm too tired to stitch. But, it's supposed to be warm tomorrow,
and it looked pretty in town today - though it was horrid driving in - much
warmer and roads cleared coming home (it was a 1 pm game and we were going
in at around 10:30 for brunch at 11:30, and got there at 12:30).

Ellice

Old February 26th 07, 02:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jere Williams

We had tornadoes yesterday down here in the northwest corner of Louisiana --
such a violent thunderstorm!
--
Jere
http://community.webshots.com/user/Jere224422

oups.com...

Old February 26th 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

DH got kudos - we did a full set of serpentines - I
think back and forth 6 times, like 3 big connected S patterns - and ended
the right direction, not hitting a wall. Friend in back (for whom DH was
best man a year ago) says KUDOS - Well done, and gal pal his wife - Yeah -
and then "I'm going to take a Xanax now" . But we got there. Weather
better leaving. Got home to about 5" =6", chamged clothes, and went out to
shovel the drive and our front walk (Donna will appreciate). We had a solid
close to foot deep ice pack - so now that it's warming, and we'd moved at
least some of the ice on the drive - this wasn't terrible. But of course we
can't find the big 25# bag of ice melt - so finished the last bit on the
front from porch to drive and hope that's useful. Oh, did I mention that
while shoveling it was freezing rain - but fun.

Ellice

Yeah for people who know how to drive in bad weather. So few of them
live here!

Glad to hear the driveway of death and dismemberment is being attended
to. Before one of you got seriously injured.

I went out walking in this snow yesterday with the camera but stuff
kept falling off the tress and I decided to bring the camera back
inside. It's still pretty out there this morning. But at least school
is only delayed and not cancelled!
Was definitely stitching weather yesterday.

Donna in Virginia

gettin ready for NM trip Kellie J. Berger Quilting 1 June 2nd 06 08:00 PM
ice storm (OT) lisa skeen Quilting 0 December 15th 05 07:45 PM
OT That Storm NoraBalcer Yarn 9 September 18th 04 01:41 AM
storm at sea Julia Altshuler Quilting 9 June 13th 04 05:10 PM
Houston IQF is gettin closer! KCK Quilting 37 July 31st 03 02:49 PM