For my friends in OZ

Old February 21st 07, 12:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default For my friends in OZ

http://www.creators.com/comics/on-a-...-day/1713.html

Old February 21st 07, 12:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
The Lady Gardener

I admit to laughing, but alas there are some well documented incidents
during the Sydney Olympics from people in the northern hemisphere who wanted
to know if holding the events at night would disadvantage the athletes. I
guess not all were at school when the planetary orbits were covered!

Joanne in Perth

Old February 21st 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Sadly, yes, there are plenty of people that don't quite understand such
things in the simplest possible form!

On 2/21/07 7:39 AM, in article
, "The Lady Gardener"

Old February 21st 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
StitchingNut

I had a chuckle about it, and totally agree with Cheryl, some people don't
understand the sence behind it.

And some, I have to admit, don't comprehend (am not talking about kids),
that it is day in Australia, when the Northern Hemisphere snuggles in bed.

Happy Stitching
Sibille
www.myenchanting.com

Old February 21st 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher

StitchingNut wrote:
I had a chuckle about it, and totally agree with Cheryl, some people don't
understand the sence behind it.

And some, I have to admit, don't comprehend (am not talking about kids),
that it is day in Australia, when the Northern Hemisphere snuggles in bed.

Northern & southern hemispheres? It's longitude not latitude that
determines the timezones g
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old February 21st 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Johnno

Err... Sibille, the difference between Northern and Southern
Hemispheres relates to the seasons, not to the hours of light and
dark. We're in the middle of summer here in Oz.

John

Old February 22nd 07, 05:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rosemary Peeler

I love it Cheryl.

Rosemary

Old February 22nd 07, 10:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
edna

Love it! Just forwarded it to several friends. Thanks Cheryl.

Edna in Sydney

Old February 22nd 07, 11:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

You are most welcome. I really laughed hard as I know people that don't
quite get it!

On 2/22/07 5:58 AM, in article
, "Edna"

Old February 22nd 07, 11:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Glad to hear it! I did laugh so!

wrote:

http://www.creators.com/comics/on-a-...-day/1713.html

Help from my UK friends, please! :) Anne :) Needlework 9 November 2nd 05 06:02 PM
OT - What friends are for! Polly S. Beads 5 May 30th 05 12:44 PM
How Not to Win Friends Doreen Quilting 8 April 24th 05 01:31 AM
To all my friends.... Royce Quilting 4 January 26th 04 02:11 PM