xst baby present

Old March 12th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default xst baby present

if you look ay the subject line which is mine ,, I talked here about
making a present for a baby !!!! Pat kindly asked how i was , and
lucretia never lost time to attack me , It is my belief that if i am
attacked on a public place i will answer on that same place!!!!!
I started to talk about XST Baby present ,,,,
mirjam

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
You are speaking from ignorance

This is an emotive subject probably best moved to another, more suitable
newsgroup.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney

Old March 12th 07, 04:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

If we , yes WE any thinking person , let people like Lucretia rule
every place by her verbal attacks , and not answer her AT the smae
place where it happens ,, you won`t have any `quiet` places on the net
,,,, I don`t think the wine /chocolate /sports elongated discussions
are needlework related either ,,,,,,
mirjam

Would the parties interested in continuing the banter about the military
please change the subject line? Thank you!

--
Brenda
Help Project Gutenberg--become a Distributed Proofreader

Old March 12th 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Ps Brenda , i also don`t think the Global warmth issue ,,, for that
matter is the place here ,,,,,,but i endure ,,,
as to the changing subject line , i try to talk about my experience
with making that present ,,,,,
mirjam

Old March 12th 07, 05:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Brenda Lewis

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
If we , yes WE any thinking person , let people like Lucretia rule
every place by her verbal attacks , and not answer her AT the smae
place where it happens ,, you won`t have any `quiet` places on the net
,,,, I don`t think the wine /chocolate /sports elongated discussions
are needlework related either ,,,,,,
mirjam

Would the parties interested in continuing the banter about the military
please change the subject line? Thank you!

Well, thank you for intentionally ignoring what I asked and diverting to
what you want. You really are beyond rude sometimes! I didn't say you
had to take the discussion elsewhere--didn't even *hint* at that; I just
would like it to be called what it is which has *nothing* to do with a
baby present no matter from what topic the tangent started. Now I
understand why so many people have you kill-filed.

Old March 12th 07, 06:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

The baby present isn't XStd (the grandmother insisted on making the
birth sampler, if you can imagine!g), but the housewarming gift is.

http://janlynn.com/detail.cfm?ID=4762

I was sufficiently doped up on something when I started it that I
somehow got off-count with the leaves on both ends AND in the middle.
So now I'm having to fudge everywhere along the line. I guess I'm
somewhere between 2/3 and 3/4 done, so now we're coming down to the
nitty gritty where we start figuring out whether flowers can be
expanded/contracted or if I need to overstitch the misplaced leaves and
how many trailing vines have to be constructed to fill the empty spots.

And at this point of the year, I'm even more doped up on allergy pills.

--

Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

Finished 1/26/07 -- Classy Lady in Coral (JCS) -- done in purple to
match the companion piece

WIP: housewarming gift, July birthstone, Flowers of
Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

Editor/Proofreader www.KarenMCampbell.com
Design page http://www.KarenMCampbell.com/designs.html
Old March 12th 07, 06:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

Brenda Lewis wrote:

Well, thank you for intentionally ignoring what I asked and diverting to
what you want. You really are beyond rude sometimes! I didn't say you
had to take the discussion elsewhere--didn't even *hint* at that; I just
would like it to be called what it is which has *nothing* to do with a
baby present no matter from what topic the tangent started. Now I
understand why so many people have you kill-filed.

Hey, you got what you wanted. She changed the subject away from the
military and to something else! VBG

Take your victories where you can. VBEG

Old March 12th 07, 08:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Brenda Lewis

Karen C - California wrote:
The baby present isn't XStd (the grandmother insisted on making the
birth sampler, if you can imagine!g), but the housewarming gift is.

http://janlynn.com/detail.cfm?ID=4762

I was sufficiently doped up on something when I started it that I
somehow got off-count with the leaves on both ends AND in the middle. So
now I'm having to fudge everywhere along the line. I guess I'm
somewhere between 2/3 and 3/4 done, so now we're coming down to the
nitty gritty where we start figuring out whether flowers can be
expanded/contracted or if I need to overstitch the misplaced leaves and
how many trailing vines have to be constructed to fill the empty spots.

And at this point of the year, I'm even more doped up on allergy pills.

Pretty! I haven't ordered from janlynn in a while but I do like some of
their stuff. Lots of convenient little pieces for travel projects. And
I think I really need this
http://www.janlynn.com/detail.cfm?ID=6852
Oooh, I've got to quit looking now!
http://www.janlynn.com/detail.cfm?ID=7034

I know what you mean about the allergy pills. The 50 degree weather
over the weekend reminded me that I need to get started on those again
before the trees start my allergies up for the season. Wonder if I
could convince the doc to just write up a new prescription since I was
there just last month (albeit for a potentially broken hand). Seems a
bit much to pay for an office call when I've been on the same stuff for
years.

Old March 12th 07, 10:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Excuse me i started this subject line by writing that i am preparing a

Aleph Beth work [or sampler if you want to call it by this name] .
I bought Red Aida , and divided the space into 27 `spaces]
I have decided to use ready made Applique when i can find them and
either xst or applique the figures i can`t find.

Up to now, i have
a chick = for Aleph Hebrew Eproach
A doll = For Beth in Hebrew Bubah
A carrot = for Gimmel in Hebrew Gezer
a Fish for Daleth in Hebrew Dag
a mountain for He in Hebrew Har
Vaw and Zayin i haven`t not done yet.
a cat for Chet = for Chatul
a star = Kochav for the letter Caf
a heart =lev for the letter lamed
pants = Michnassyim for the End letter Mem.
an eye =Ayin for the letter Ayin
a flower= Percah for the letter peh .
a monkey = kof for the letter kufh
a foot = regel for the letter resh
a sun = shemesh for the letter shin
a hen Tarnegolet for the letter taw.

for the numbers i have
2 tiny bears
3 flowers
4 stars
5 squares
6 butterflies
7 straight lines
8 triangles
9 dots
10 tiny hearts

it was and is pleasnat to make , an i hope the child will enjoy it as
well.
mirjam

Old March 12th 07, 10:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Since it isn`t me who changed the subject but lucretia , why don`t
you both stick to her .
I was really interested in starting a discussion about making xst baby
presents, since this isn`t a very common habit here.
Whenever i make one , i get lots of questions about the idea , about
how to construct one, about my various choices.
I have approached at least 2 companies who make kits, to dare the
market and come up with such a sampler... Nada , no response ,,
Than several years ago i found one , but only one kit , never to bee
seen again ???????????????/
i hoped people will join such a discussion and share some of their
experiences in making such works ...
And as to you Brenda i haven`t ignored your specific request, I wanted
thisd to be a discussion about xst baby presents , it was Lucretia who
invaded it with her ideas.
I still am interested in making such presents.
Hebrew samplers aren`t very common here, and if there are any they go
to a differet trend, i am interested in making The kind i described ,
a letter with a matching Form or figure that is related to the letter.

I can`t stop you from killfiling me ,, have it your way , i came here
years ago to share and enhance my Embroidery skills , i willingly
share my wide experience ,,as much as i enjoy learning from the
experiences of others . i never started here any other subjects, but
i have NO intention of letting others use this forum to attack me,mine
or anything that is important to me. In time i have answered [ always
answered]here attacks on unmarried mothers , people who sell through
phonecalls , Arabs , Muslims Iraquies ,, Many groups that were
attacked and pushed down here.
You Brenda sit here and publicize your wonderful relation with the
Guttenburg Project , Sharing this is wonderful , but it seems that
maybe you haven`t internalized the idea of Sharing Culture .
After all Gutenburg never spoke English But now it is used also to
Share English books ,,,
i hoipe you get my idea.
mirjam

Old March 12th 07, 10:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

So Brenada Allergy pills are An Ok Subject for the abbove title
because they are connected to something that touches your body , but
other subjects are not ok , because they relate to other people ????
you can`t have it both ways ,,
mirjam

I know what you mean about the allergy pills. The 50 degree weather
over the weekend reminded me that I need to get started on those again
before the trees start my allergies up for the season. Wonder if I
could convince the doc to just write up a new prescription since I was
there just last month (albeit for a potentially broken hand). Seems a
bit much to pay for an office call when I've been on the same stuff for
years.

--
Brenda
Help Project Gutenberg--become a Distributed Proofreader
http://www.pgdp.net/

V-day present Irrational Number Quilting 23 February 17th 05 03:41 AM
Best present Lladnit Needlework 3 December 25th 04 11:12 PM
ebay: Oh baby! - lots of baby layettes& afghans & adult afghan patterns and more! marilyn safier Marketplace 0 July 17th 04 11:54 PM
OT Present help melinda Quilting 12 June 27th 04 06:31 PM
AD: Toddler - Baby - Baby Doll Jewelry Sets....DARLING Kim Marketplace 0 November 27th 03 03:29 AM