on topic: a neat thing I forgot to mention earlier today

Old March 9th 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default on topic: a neat thing I forgot to mention earlier today

On 3/9/07 3:01 PM, in article ,
"Ericka Kammerer" wrote:

Mary wrote:
Before you do anything to the hoods, you might find it really
interesting to find out what the degrees are and what institutions
awarded them. Each academic subject has its own color (for example,
"law" is pink),

Sorry to pick a nit, but law is generally purple.
Music is pink. Poor business is drab brown!

Best wishes,
Ericka

And sciences are gold/yellow

Old March 9th 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mary

On Mar 9, 2:49 pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 3/9/07 3:01 PM, in article ,

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote:
Mary wrote:
Before you do anything to the hoods, you might find it really
interesting to find out what the degrees are and what institutions
awarded them. Each academic subject has its own color (for example,
"law" is pink),

Sorry to pick a nit, but law is generally purple.
Music is pink. Poor business is drab brown!

Best wishes,
Ericka

And sciences are gold/yellow

Sorry I got my colors screwed up! I am one of those oddball types
with degrees in both music and law. (and a master's in psych -- no
idea what that color was!)

Old March 9th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ericka Kammerer

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 3/9/07 3:01 PM, in article ,
"Ericka Kammerer" wrote:

Sorry to pick a nit, but law is generally purple.
Music is pink. Poor business is drab brown!

And sciences are gold/yellow

For giggles:

Agriculture -Maize
Arts / Letters / Humanities - academic hood velvet: White
Business / Accountancy / Commerce - academic hood velvet: Drab
Communications / Journalism - academic hood velvet: Crimson
Dentistry - academic hood velvet: Lilac
Economics - academic hood velvet: Copper
Education - academic hood velvet: Light Blue
Engineering - academic hood velvet: Orange
Fine Arts (including Architecture) - Brown
Forestry - academic hood velvet: Russet
Journalism - Communications / academic hood velvet: Crimson
Law - academic hood velvet: Purple
Library Science - academic hood velvet: Lemon Yellow
Medicine - academic hood velvet: Hunter Green
Music - academic hood velvet: Pink
Nursing - academic hood velvet: Apricot
Oratory (Speech) - academic hood velvet: Silver - Gray
Pharmacy - academic hood velvet: Olive Green
Philosophy - academic hood velvet: PhD Rich Royal Blue
Physical Education - academic hood velvet: Sage Green
Public Administration (includes Foreign Service) - academic hood
velvet: Peacock Blue
Public Health - academic hood velvet: Salmon Pink
Science - academic hood velvet: Bright Gold
Social Work - academic hood velvet: Citron
Theology (including Divinity, Ministry, Religion) - academic hood
velvet: Scarlet
Veterinary Science - academic hood velvet: Gray

For me, I'm pink, white, drab, and royal blue. What a combo...ew!

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old March 9th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Brenda Lewis

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 3/9/07 3:01 PM, in article ,
"Ericka Kammerer" wrote:

Mary wrote:
Before you do anything to the hoods, you might find it really
interesting to find out what the degrees are and what institutions
awarded them. Each academic subject has its own color (for example,
"law" is pink),

Sorry to pick a nit, but law is generally purple.
Music is pink. Poor business is drab brown!

Best wishes,
Ericka

And sciences are gold/yellow

Here's a partial listing.
http://www.herffjones.com/capgown/co...al/colors.html
I wish I could remember the color for home ec. I was jealous of other
students because I was one of those stuck with drab brown!

--
Brenda
Help Project Gutenberg--become a Distributed Proofreader
Old March 9th 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 3/9/07 3:01 PM, "Ericka Kammerer" wrote:

Mary wrote:
Before you do anything to the hoods, you might find it really
interesting to find out what the degrees are and what institutions
awarded them. Each academic subject has its own color (for example,
"law" is pink),

Sorry to pick a nit, but law is generally purple.
Music is pink. Poor business is drab brown!

Best wishes,
Ericka

I think I have some bright orange hood borders. The CMU one is truly a
lovely sight - the orange, and the Carnegie plaid. Yum.

ellice

Old March 9th 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ericka Kammerer

Mary wrote:

Sorry I got my colors screwed up! I am one of those oddball types
with degrees in both music and law. (and a master's in psych -- no
idea what that color was!)

I think psych is supposed to be gold.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old March 9th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ericka Kammerer

Brenda Lewis wrote:

I wish I could remember the color for home ec.

I think it's maroon.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old March 9th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 3/9/07 4:23 PM, "Ericka Kammerer" wrote:

Brenda Lewis wrote:

I wish I could remember the color for home ec.

I think it's maroon.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Ericka - you are just a fount of knowledge! Soon it'll be time for the RCTN
trivial pursuit challenge - tee hee.

Ellice

Old March 9th 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ericka Kammerer

ellice wrote:

I think I have some bright orange hood borders. The CMU one is truly a
lovely sight - the orange, and the Carnegie plaid. Yum.

Engineering, yes? That must be a sight to behold ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old March 9th 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Felice Friese

Default Academic hood colors

Brenda Lewis wrote:

I wish I could remember the color for home ec.

I think it's maroon.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Ericka - you are just a fount of knowledge! Soon it'll be time for the
RCTN
trivial pursuit challenge - tee hee.

Ellice

This should give you all the missing colors!

http://www.capsandgownsdirect.com/academichoods.html

Felice

I am sorry. I forgot to mention this. Harry Glass 0 July 1st 06 09:16 PM
I forgot to mention Flossy Quilting 10 August 30th 04 08:49 AM
I almost forgot to mention... (AD AD?) Kalera Stratton Beads 8 April 2nd 04 06:20 AM
And of course I forgot to mention something... Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 1 July 5th 03 02:47 PM