I see new people....

Old January 18th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default I see new people....

Just wanted to welcome everyone who I may have missed. )

We are always happy to see our 'family' grow larger! If you would like to
see what some of the 'family' looks like (no, I'm not there... haven't found
my picture yet... but you're not missing much) just click on the link
following my signature. If you would like to be added to the photo album
just send me a jpg picture of yourself to gemsawriter AT yahoo DOT ca and
put RCTY Album in the subject line, and the name you use on here in the body
of the message so I can add it to your picture. )
--
Gemini
http://photos.yahoo.com/gemsawriter

Old January 18th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"MRH" mthecarpenterATxcelcoDOTonDOTca wrote in message
Just wanted to welcome everyone who I may have missed. )

We are always happy to see our 'family' grow larger! If you would like
to see what some of the 'family' looks like (no, I'm not there... haven't
found my picture yet... but you're not missing much) just click on the
link following my signature. If you would like to be added to the photo
album just send me a jpg picture of yourself to gemsawriter AT yahoo DOT
ca and put RCTY Album in the subject line, and the name you use on here
in the body of the message so I can add it to your picture. )
--
Gemini
http://photos.yahoo.com/gemsawriter

Reminded me of Romper Room...
I see Billy and Bobby and Susie,...etc!
Noreen
definitely giving away her age!

Old January 18th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"The YarnWright" wrote in message

"MRH" mthecarpenterATxcelcoDOTonDOTca wrote in message
Just wanted to welcome everyone who I may have missed. )

We are always happy to see our 'family' grow larger! If you would like
to see what some of the 'family' looks like (no, I'm not there... haven't
found my picture yet... but you're not missing much) just click on the
link following my signature. If you would like to be added to the photo
album just send me a jpg picture of yourself to gemsawriter AT yahoo DOT
ca and put RCTY Album in the subject line, and the name you use on here
in the body of the message so I can add it to your picture. )
--
Gemini
http://photos.yahoo.com/gemsawriter

Reminded me of Romper Room...
I see Billy and Bobby and Susie,...etc!
Noreen
definitely giving away her age!

ROTFL Not necessarily... it was on when Matthew was little too! So was
"Captain Kangaroo"... and in Canada there was "Size Small" (I think that was
the name of the show... it was the song they did), and "Friendly Giant", and
"Mr Dressup".

Gemini

Old January 19th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I waited each time the show was on and never hear them say "I see
Diane".

Di

(LOL)

Old January 19th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

wrote in message
ups.com...
I waited each time the show was on and never hear them say "I see
Diane".

Di

(LOL)

She saw 'Nancy's' all the time too (my sister is Nancy) and it infuriated
me that there was NEVER a Noreen, Norine, Norene...
Noreen

Old January 19th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

or Normas either!

--
In Star love and friendship,
Norma Woods
"The YarnWright" wrote in message

ups.com...

Old January 19th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Or Nora's either? For that matter, I don't think I ever heard her say
Maureen either.....
That's OK, we N's already know we're NIFTY!

Noreen

--
change n e t to c o m to email/reply to me.
"Norma" wrote in message
.. .
or Normas either!

--
In Star love and friendship,
Norma Woods
"The YarnWright" wrote in message

ups.com...

Old January 19th 06, 12:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Noreen:

Romper, Stomper, Bomper Boo....or something like that. I always wondered as
a kid why the people on that darn show couldn't see me. I don't think I ever
heard my name sigh.

Donna from Ontario, Canada

Old January 19th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

They sure saw a lot of Karens, Bobbies, Billies, Nancys, whatever was
'popular' at the time... although I DID hear some 'off' names ...
Joy
Mae
Seth

JM2c
Noreen

--
change n e t to c o m to email/reply to me.
.. .

Old January 19th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

that brings back memories -- my kids watched those show (no tv in my
house growing up - I guess it existed but I didn't even see a tv until
I was about 10 and my parents didn't get one until I was in college.)
Interesting that the guy here who was so popular for his local tv show
(JP Patches) is now in demand for 40th birthday celebrations. He
dresses up in his clown outfit and shows up - for a fee I am sure. His
show hasn't been on the air for years but his "kids" still remember
him. As I recall, when it was on you could send him a card and he
would say he could see the kid on his birthday through a special tv
on the set. He then would add on greetings to "any other Patches
Pals" who were celebrating a special day. I don't know if Romper Room
got the names from somewhere or just had a list of common names hoping
they would hit most people -- that would be pretty chancey today (I see
Apple, for instance)