Cricket...

Old September 29th 05, 10:16 AM
Carol In WI

Default Cricket...

I can hear the critter in my basement but do you think I can find it! Carol
In WI

Old September 29th 05, 11:59 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

In Israel , the national Poet Bialik called crickets , the poets of
Poverty .... But if i remember riight he was Pinokio`s concious ,,
mirjam

Old September 29th 05, 01:08 PM
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

I thought that someone else was getting as excited as the English about
beating the Australians to win the Ashes (very strange and small trophy for
winning at cricket!) Then I realised that you meant the insect!! Ooops
Love (very confused) Christine

Old September 30th 05, 02:42 PM
Gwendoline Kelly

Goodness me !! Carol I saw "cricket" and wondered how anyone in the group
could be interested in our sport !!!! ( except the UK members of course )
God Bless gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old September 30th 05, 05:46 PM
Julie-Ann

Same here, I saw the word CRICKET and the first thought that came into
my mind was West Indies SUCKS!!! BIG TIME!!! Hope you found the
insect.

Oh, yeah...congrats England you finally beat them!!! Whoohoo!!!

Julie-Ann
Jamaica

Old September 30th 05, 06:35 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Crickets are considered GOOD LUCK, so don't obliverate him!
Noreen
who has ALWAYS kept a cricket statuette/figurine on her hearth.

--
If ignorance is bliss. . .
then why aren't there more

Old September 30th 05, 06:36 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Some of us 'are' worldly, Gwen!
I adore cricket, rugby, soccer, lacrosse, etc... though not wildly popular
here in the States...
Noreen
--
If ignorance is bliss. . .
then why aren't there more
u...

Old September 30th 05, 10:36 PM
MRH

And how many of us know that LaCrosse (not Hockey) is Canada's national
sport? ;o)

Peace!
Gemini

Old October 1st 05, 12:56 PM
Yarn Forward

MRH wrote:
And how many of us know that LaCrosse (not Hockey) is Canada's national
sport? ;o)

Peace!
Gemini

And how many know that basketball, that great American sport, was
invented in Almonte, Ontario, Canada.

Roger.