OFF TOPIC: Major griping

Old August 22nd 03, 11:45 PM
frood

Default OFF TOPIC: Major griping

Spike and Giles and I send very gentle hugs to you and your DH.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Butterfly" wrote in message
SKip if you wanna stay in a good mood.

DH and I had Fam Dr Day, yesterday. At least this guy doesn't beat
around the bush.....very tactful but calls a kettle black not 10 shades
of gray.

It may be a few more MONTHS before DH can have the reconstruction
surgery....his incision has not completely healed yet...still is healing
but very slowly. AND it will be at least 6 months AFTER he is off the
Coumadin before they can do the knee replacement surgery--he needs it on
BOTH knees. Now he has to go back to the Ortho Dr to have the knees
'drained' as often as necessary until the time of surgery........

I got the results of the MRI and the Cat scan. Knew I have two herniated
discs in my neck (thus the Tylenol 4--no DRIVING--but I can handle that)
still waiting on the 'cortisone shots' to be approved for that SIGH
BUT I also have a lateral tear in the right shoulder rotar
cuff.....which is a part of why I have been dropping things.......what
is upsetting is the last Dr never went far enuf to get to the root of
the problem--kept blaming it on ole Artie SIGH SIGH SIGH
SO now I get to go to the Ortho Dr--but NOT the same one that did the
Wing Impingement surgery 6 years ago.
AND the BP is still HIGH so I have another NEW med to use--means staying
close to the loo until I KNOW how the bod is gonna react....... DR even
did the BP reading again after we were finished--and we just chit-
chatted about 'cleaning your plate' when growing up ; ) BP didn't
change--and I LIKE this Dr....... He said he would monitor this med very
carefully-and the Pharmacist called him as soon as he read the
prescription YAY!!!! GOOD PHARMACIST : )

BUT the GOOD NEWS---it may not be long term--he really thinks the 'pain
factor' is keeping the BP up.

Done griping-thanks for being there
Butterfly (I love my HUG)

Old August 22nd 03, 11:58 PM
CNYstitcher

Aw Mom sigh! Big daughterly hugs (not too tight so as not to cause
you any more pain. I wish there was soemthing that i could do to help
you and DH get better (can't call him dad, don't know him, but
still.....). Please, please take it easy - nothing too strenuous or
crazy until the doc says you can, okay?

Your ever-loving daughter,

Larisa

Old August 23rd 03, 12:04 AM
Butterfly

Dear Daughter.
If'n you lissen to me--I will lissen to you. I am sittting with mah
feetz UP and watching the hummers play ; )
You kin call him DadII --he won't mind--he feels like part of this
famdambily anyways cause I talk about you all so often--sometimes he
even asks if I have heard from &&&& or #### or @@@@ lately ; )
Love
MomII (feeling very cherished now)

Old August 23rd 03, 12:06 AM
Donna in Idaho

Major big hugs heading your way!
--
Donna in Idaho!
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

The ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

Old August 23rd 03, 12:08 AM
QuiltR1024

Butterfly/Therese,
Sending good vibes to you and DH. I feel for you, since I just went
through the shoulder surgery and rehab. I'm doing great now & that is
something you can look forward to also. Think positive and e-mail me anythime
for encouragement or questions.

Kris ( in northern Virignia)
Old August 23rd 03, 02:17 AM
Pat in Virginia

Geez Louise Butterfly, are you trying to join me and Kris in our
exclusive club? We all three have or have recently had problems
with right shoulder rotator. Maybe because we are such angels and
those are really our wings? snicker
Take care. Ask about Physical Therapy, then follow thru! PT has
really helped me lots.
Gentle Hugs, PAT in VA/USA
Old August 23rd 03, 02:23 AM
Diana Curtis

You and I could hang out together, kvetch about drs and stuff and then watch
the roses open. Im still healing but I can handle bringing a cool drink to a
Butterfly!
Hugs, may tomorrow bring better than today
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old August 23rd 03, 03:54 AM
Butterfly

BTDT I thought it was 6 years ago that I had the Wing Impingement
Surgery--but it was in 1999-- blame it on the T4. Useta be GOOD a adding
and subtractinng and even spelking speling whatever.......
Did the whole routine with the PT---this has been going on since I wrote
on here about the lump at the base of my neck--about 3 years ago. Had it
x-rayed and they saw NO suspicious looking stuff--so blamed it on a
Prednisone fluid build-up. Took the Pain Management Dr to order the
heavy duty xrays.......and now the Ortho Dr will make the next move for
fixing it. In the meantime--I get my eyes tested on Monday--early--so if
I do NOT post then--I'm ok.
Add that to DH's getting his knees drained in the afternoon--might end
up having take-out dinner ; )
Butterfly (can't you hear the 3 of us at Houston--Don't TOUCH my
shoulder--doin the Avoidance Dance--much diff than the Ketchup dance)

Old August 23rd 03, 04:21 AM
Butterfly

You are PRICELSS

I LOL so HARD that DS asked what was sooooooooo funny.....had him come
read this......he ROTFLOL

Love MomII

CNYstitcher wrote:

Ize a listnin....not doon much of anyfing dese days. Only fing done
last night wuz hepping the sutdent finish the quilt. today, I stitched
4 seams - instant tank top...nope didn finish nek or bottum, didn see
the need for extry stress. ternight will see the dryin of fabrics for a
nuther quilt that sits in peeces on mah table (whut my man bilt me a few
yers ago..anniversry pezent). Ahm a tryin to be gud and not do nuthin
what wuld cause Mom to git mad (or that dotty auntie of mahn).

Will wrat mor whin more happins,

Yor dorter

Old August 23rd 03, 04:25 AM
Donna in Idaho

Thanks for keeping her post with yours Butterfly. I missed it the first
time around. Best laugh I've had for awhile!