Back from the Fair -- OT

Old August 18th 03, 01:39 AM
Joan8904

Default Back from the Fair -- OT

Fair went very well. I entered 7 quilts and got 4 ribbons. Mom and I had a
joint quilt that won a blue!

Finished packing up Mom's house and got her moved to Paducah. All of this
between Wednesday and Sunday. I feel like balloon with the air let out, but
happy that things went as well as they did.

joan
joan o'reilly
New 311 Album--EVOLVER--July 22nd
www.311.com

Old August 18th 03, 01:44 AM
frood

Wow! That's great, Joan, congratulations! Pictures?

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old August 18th 03, 03:29 AM
Polly Esther

How in the world did you do all that in 4 days? Mercy. I'll just bet you
feel like a deflated balloon. Congratulations on the ribbons. Polly

Butterfly wrote in message
May I do 4 Happy Happy's for you on 4 different days

YAY to your Mom, too

Happy HUGS
Butterfly

Old August 18th 03, 08:15 AM
Patti

Many congratulations Joan!
This is getting to be a habit! You and your Mum must be so pleased.
I hope your Mum settles down quickly, so that you can really relax, and
know that she is being well cared for and is happy.
I bet she starts a quilting group!!
..
In article , Joan8904
writes
Fair went very well. I entered 7 quilts and got 4 ribbons. Mom and I had a
joint quilt that won a blue!

Finished packing up Mom's house and got her moved to Paducah. All of this
between Wednesday and Sunday. I feel like balloon with the air let out, but
happy that things went as well as they did.

joan
joan o'reilly
New 311 Album--EVOLVER--July 22nd
www.311.com

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 18th 03, 10:21 AM
Kate Dicey

Joan8904 wrote:

Fair went very well. I entered 7 quilts and got 4 ribbons. Mom and I had a
joint quilt that won a blue!

Finished packing up Mom's house and got her moved to Paducah. All of this
between Wednesday and Sunday. I feel like balloon with the air let out, but
happy that things went as well as they did.

joan
joan o'reilly
New 311 Album--EVOLVER--July 22nd
www.311.com

Well done on both the ribbons and the packing!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old August 18th 03, 11:45 AM
Joan8904

And one of the neat things about Mom's new home is that we pass Hancock Fabrics
on the way. Didn't get a chance to drop in last weekend, but it's on my 'to
do' list for the next trip.

If a quilter has to retire, Paducah is a great place!

Thanx for your kind words,

Old August 18th 03, 05:26 PM
Butterfly

Lightbulb Moment here!
Retire Moms to one of 2 best places for Quilters..........visit OFTEN
Take Moms on outings to LQS's and shows, etc (gotta get you outta the
house for a bit don'tchaknow)
Clever, very clever vbg

Congrats to BOTH of you
Love
Butterfly (give that Mom a Hug from me won't you)

Old August 19th 03, 05:22 PM
René

Joan, Congratulations on the ribbons! One year my MIL entered quite a few
things (over 10 items) -- crochet, embroidery, sewing -- and they all won
reds or blues. She hadn't entered anything prior or after that one year.
One of her friends encouraged her to enter that one year, and she did. Her
things eclipsed all the others, I thought!

By the way, I'm not familiar at all with the new music groups. What is 311?
It caught my eye because that used to be my street address. LOL

-- René

Old August 20th 03, 12:00 AM
Joan8904

By the way, I'm not familiar at all with the new music groups. What is 311?
It caught my eye because that used to be my street address. LOL

311 is a rock/rap/reggae/jazz/whatever group originally from Omaha NE. My son
is the bass player and I work with the fans on the internet. They have a new
album and are currently on tour.

thanx for asking!