So do you think I'll manage to stitch tonight.?

Old July 16th 09, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

Default So do you think I'll manage to stitch tonight.?

On 7/16/09 9:34 AM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 7/15/09 1:57 PM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

On 7/15/09 9:25 AM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 7/14/09 9:17 PM, in article
, "Nancy"
wrote:

On Jul 14, 5:31?pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Yes?

No?

Should I try for a tally folks? I was going to garden, but family stuff
got
in the way.
I'm totally exhausted now, dinner is in the distant future and I might
fall
asleep before it...

And Ellice - I never did find pink peppercorns. Pink Salt, but not pink
peppercorns...

Cheryl

When I have a day like that....I usually only stitch if I've got a
"simple"
section to work on. Otherwise I end up frogging.

After taking DM to Nordstrom's Cafe for lunch I did get a little
stitching
in....after I read some more of that book. Next on the agenda is to
figure out the stitches on an UFO of my mom's that just needs a little
work. Of course she left the "hardest" part. Who knows how long
this has been sitting around. The bag had a sales slip from the
mid-80s!!!! That's after I spray for the carpenter ants. Sigh. I
wish
they would just go away!

Nancy

Well, I did stitch for a little bit - 30-40 stitches in a nice enclosed area
in one color.

LOL - I'm feeling the same way. But, DH is reffing a double of summer
HS/College hockey tonight, so I'm solo. Which means really light "salad for
dinner" and stitch-a-thon.

I think we may have carpenter ants too. After the dog goes back tomorrow, I
think I have find some heavier duty ant killer.

I'm sorry. I'm glad that at least this house with the tubes in the walls,
which get charged with pesticide every 3 months, seems to work. We had ants
aboaut 2.5 moonths ago, the guy came out, recharged the tubes, (we were
overdue), and did some stuff in the yard. Ants gone. The dog feed station
is near the sliders to the deck from the breakfast room - and that's where
we had them. But, all cleaned up. Our close friends have been battling the
ant thing for 2 years - it's a mess, they're on the 2nd service, put down
traps, all kinds of things.

Which book?

Ah, that's a conundrum. If you haven't read the No 1 Ladies Detective
Agency series, start at the beginning and go for it. It's quite uplifting,
IMHO, in the way it just kind of looks at life.

Ellice

I've thought about picking up that series, but a good friend, with similar
reading taste, did not like it at all.

Yeah - but who do you trust??? Seriously, it's not overwhelmingly romantic
or mysterious. But, the puzzles aren't predictable. And they're nicely
written. What I liked really is the presentation of modern day Botswana.
I've kept reading them, even after watching the HBO series which covers the
first few books. The HBO series is really good, and IMHO, a bit
enlightening for those of us who haven't been to modern Africa. There is a
lot of nice thoughtfulness, I think, WRT how the heroine approaches life,
it's issues, values, and sticks to her guns. But, not either a fantasy or
bodice ripper. Just charming.

I'm quite entranced by "The Thirteenth Tale" - enough to consider adding to
my permanent library if I get the chance.

Cheryl

OK - I'm due for a library run soon as I have a ton of art books to return -
only one of which was really worth much.

But, my stitching marathon needs are dire enough that I think I'm going to
skip the Thursday group as my big piece is on the floor stand, and I think I
stitch slower when I'm with the crew.

Ellice

Old July 17th 09, 01:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

wrote:

[...]

I'll give it a try. But seriously, if M doesn't like, I usually won't like
it. We've always been amazed by how similar our reactions to books can be.
The only place we part company is over sci-fi and fantasy and "horror". I
love sci-fi/fantasy, she hates it. The inverse is true for horror. I can't
read the stuff; she can sleep after reading the equivalent of Saw

I'm quite entranced by "The Thirteenth Tale" - enough to consider adding to
my permanent library if I get the chance.

Cheryl

OK - I'm due for a library run soon as I have a ton of art books to return -
only one of which was really worth much.

But, my stitching marathon needs are dire enough that I think I'm going to
skip the Thursday group as my big piece is on the floor stand, and I think I
stitch slower when I'm with the crew.

Ellice

Go stitch

Old July 17th 09, 01:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

wrote:

[...]

Remind me to find it and bring it the next we get together. So you can read
it whienever you want.
I have book
one. I found it to be ok, but not engrossing enough to pick up book 2. I
have had the Thirteen Tale on my wish list for a while, maybe I pick that
one up next. I have some Borders certificates I need to spend. VEG
-Margaret in MA

So when are we going to Borders dear! LOL

Cheryl

Old July 20th 09, 10:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Margaret St. John

wrote:

[...]

I'm going tonight to get reading material for the plane and lay over. We
should definitely plan doing a get together sometime soon, its been to long.
I should also finish my book database sometime, so you can browse it.
-Margaret in MA
--
Margaret St. John

Let it snow!!
http://www.silverthorn.org/mstjohn
Old July 25th 09, 04:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
J. H. T./B.D.P.

It be Saturday!
So where is the Rain you all were talking about?
Wanted workmen to do some outside work on the house, but
they want it cooler since it outside first. And too dry for
cross stitch without getting water stains on fabric........lol

P.S. Suppose to be 34 C (93 F) today and same Sunday then cools
later in week. Guess not bad when past years got to 40 C (104 F)
as a cool day and the new electronic thermostats says "HI" when it
gets over 42 C. lol

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 7/20/09 5:46 PM, in article
,
"Margaret St. John" wrote:
SNIP
So when are we going to Borders dear! LOL

Cheryl

I'm going tonight to get reading material for the plane and lay over. We
should definitely plan doing a get together sometime soon, its been to
long.
I should also finish my book database sometime, so you can browse it.
-Margaret in MA

Saturday? In the rain?

Old July 25th 09, 05:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

J. H. T./B.D.P. wrote:
It be Saturday!
So where is the Rain you all were talking about?
Wanted workmen to do some outside work on the house, but
they want it cooler since it outside first. And too dry for
cross stitch without getting water stains on fabric........lol

P.S. Suppose to be 34 C (93 F) today and same Sunday then cools
later in week. Guess not bad when past years got to 40 C (104 F)
as a cool day and the new electronic thermostats says "HI" when it
gets over 42 C. lol

Lovely day here as well, no rain and a cool breeze. Not quite as warm as
yours - 16C/61F - but quite warm enough when working in the garden.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK