newbie...

Old October 1st 05, 05:13 PM
lou

Default newbie...

Hey all,
I am new to this group...love textiles, sewing, etc.
I am looking for already cut fabric strips to make rugs...i really
really don't like to do the cutting. Even with the stripping tool i
have trouble, so, anyone got any ideas?
thanx,
lou

Old October 3rd 05, 02:20 PM
enigma

"lou" wrote in
oups.com:

Hey all,
I am new to this group...love textiles, sewing, etc.
I am looking for already cut fabric strips to make rugs...i
really really don't like to do the cutting. Even with the
stripping tool i have trouble, so, anyone got any ideas?

for rag rugs, braided rugs, naalbinding...?
try he http://www.netw.com/~rafter4/net.html
it looks like they have a pretty useful list
lee

--
war is peace
freedom is slavery
Old October 5th 05, 08:37 PM
Georg

lou wrote:
Hey all,
I am new to this group...love textiles, sewing, etc.
I am looking for already cut fabric strips to make rugs...i really
really don't like to do the cutting. Even with the stripping tool i
have trouble, so, anyone got any ideas?
thanx,
lou

By stripping tool, do you mean rotary cutter, mat and ruler? That can
cut several layers at once into neat narrow strips. That's the standard
quilting tools for fabric strips.

I have seen a couple of sites that sell strips of fabric precut- but it
is more expensive that way. It depends on what size you want/need. Look
for "fabric knitting" or "knitting with fabric" kits. Chenile by the
yard may also do, if you want it smaller.

-georg
Old October 6th 05, 12:51 AM
BEI Design

lou wrote:
Hey all,
I am new to this group...love textiles, sewing, etc.
I am looking for already cut fabric strips to make rugs...i
really really don't like to do the cutting. Even with the
stripping tool i have trouble, so, anyone got any ideas?
thanx,
lou

By "stripping tool" do you mean something like:
http://www.clotilde.com/cl/product_g...er&g_id=415213
???

Haven't used one, so can't help with that.

Have you tried just *tearing* your fabric into strips? Some fabrics
are very easy to tear, and you'll get on-grain strips that way.

Old October 6th 05, 12:54 AM
BEI Design

lou wrote:
Hey all,
I am new to this group...love textiles, sewing, etc.
I am looking for already cut fabric strips to make rugs...i
really really don't like to do the cutting. Even with the
stripping tool i have trouble, so, anyone got any ideas?
thanx,
lou

I see that the one I referenced in my previous post is no longer
available, but Cotilde has this:

http://www.clotilde.com/cl/product_g...er&g_id=411036

HTH,

Beverly

Old October 10th 05, 05:14 PM
Claudia Tenold

I saw a suggestion in a book called "Creative Serging Illustrated". It said
to cut your fabric into long strips using your serger. Take out the needles
and thread and just set it to cut.
I haven't tried it, but it should work!

Old October 18th 05, 01:31 PM
lou

Thanks y'all....i did find a site or two with the pre-cut strips, and
like georg said, it is a bit more expensive...so, i suppose i'll try
the tearing thing....the stripping tool for some reason just didn't
work for me, but then that was like 20 years ago, maybe the newer ones
are better....
thanks for the input....
lou

Newbie Has any one out their ever made fishing lures from the premo Steven G. Wyberg Polymer Clay 3 December 29th 04 03:43 AM
Intro and newbie question *~Candygrrl~* Beads 26 September 21st 04 06:04 PM
newbie with a tatting question FtForger Yarn 6 July 1st 04 06:18 PM
Newbie Lampworkers starlia Beads 17 April 24th 04 01:28 PM
newbie hugs Musicmaker Quilting 3 March 13th 04 07:15 PM