Back from the Fair -- OT

Old August 20th 03, 01:58 AM
taria

You are a good mom Joan
Taria

Joan8904 wrote:

By the way, I'm not familiar at all with the new music groups. What is 311?
It caught my eye because that used to be my street address. LOL

311 is a rock/rap/reggae/jazz/whatever group originally from Omaha NE. My son
is the bass player and I work with the fans on the internet. They have a new
album and are currently on tour.

thanx for asking!
joan
joan o'reilly
New 311 Album--EVOLVER--July 22nd
www.311.com

--
Please visit my web page at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/taria/index.htm

See my Siberian Cat, Lilly, at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/lillypage/lillycat.htm
Old August 20th 03, 07:11 AM
Butterfly

AND they even came to B'splat : )
Butterfly (no--I wasn't able to go--but the reviews were very nice)

Old August 20th 03, 11:34 AM
Piglet

Gee, Joan, don't you think it's dangerous for them to stereotype themselves
by falling into such a tiny niche?

Lol

==pig, who has never heard 311, but knows if Joan's kid is in there, they're
good........reggae/jazz, huh? Maybe I should take a listen.

On 8/19/03 6:00 PM, opined:

311 is a rock/rap/reggae/jazz/whatever group

Old August 20th 03, 12:14 PM
Joan8904

Gee, Joan, don't you think it's dangerous for them to stereotype themselves
by falling into such a tiny niche?

Actually, 311 IS their own niche, which has both its own good and bad points.
:

Old August 20th 03, 05:58 PM
Diana Curtis

I heard a tune by 311 on the radio the other day, and had to point out that
I *know* the mom of one of the members. And then went out to point out all
the other illustrious members of this group.
I never thought I would become a name dropper! lol
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old August 21st 03, 03:50 AM
Mary in Rock Island IL

"Diana Curtis" wrote:

I heard a tune by 311 on the radio the other day, and had to point out that
I *know* the mom of one of the members. And then went out to point out all
the other illustrious members of this group.
I never thought I would become a name dropper! lol
Diana

I have also pointed this out to my 16 yo. Think he might have been
impressed...
Mary
Old August 24th 03, 07:40 PM
Dr. Quilter

And how is that OT? You do talk about quilts! ) Congrats!

Joan8904 wrote:
Fair went very well. I entered 7 quilts and got 4 ribbons. Mom and I had a
joint quilt that won a blue!

Finished packing up Mom's house and got her moved to Paducah. All of this
between Wednesday and Sunday. I feel like balloon with the air let out, but
happy that things went as well as they did.

joan
joan o'reilly
New 311 Album--EVOLVER--July 22nd
www.311.com

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old September 4th 03, 04:15 PM
Teresa in Colorado

I saw a photo of 311 in the newspaper last weekend - they were performing at
Fiddlers Green in Denver. Pretty cool - it's about the closest I've come to
knowing someone famous.
--
Teresa in Colorado

Old September 4th 03, 04:33 PM
Joan8904

Hey, I'm cool by being related to someone who is cool! It all counts.

joan :
joan o'reilly
http://members.aol.com/Joan8904/index.html