Fusible Batting Update

Old September 3rd 03, 03:07 AM
Kathy Applebaum

Default Fusible Batting Update

"aluap" wrote in message
news:5Pb5b.42844$Zw4.16526@lakeread03...
Any recommendations on how to store the quilt until Christmas?

My house will work nicely...

(Ha, ha, LN! Beat you to it!)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old September 3rd 03, 04:58 AM
aluap

Polly,

It must have been a precursor to my quilting aspirations when I chose that
name when I first signed up for an Internet account years ago. LOL. I
always thought my name was unpopular until then. I tried using Paula so
many ways...first initial, last initial, maiden initial, etc.....finally
gave up and spelled it backward and have used it everywhere on the net ever
since.

Kathy, thanks for offering to "store" the quilt, G, but I think my
grandniece would be very disappointed to open up an empty box on Christmas
Day!

Paula aka aluap

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
Aha! and I automatically saw that aluap is Paula backwards. Have I been
spending too much time arranging and re-arranging blocks? Probably.

Yllop
( I think I like that better.)

Kathy Applebaum wrote in message
m...

Old September 3rd 03, 04:31 PM
Ruth in Happy Camp

I'll be happy to send your grandniece directions to my house.
--
htur in yppah pmac

Old September 3rd 03, 05:39 PM
aluap

Thanks Julie,

Good to know it was the masking tape that made the needle sticky. I'll be
more careful with it the next time! The tape and the muslin were close to
the same color, so I'm thinking of using the blue masking tape the next
time.

What do you mean when you say, "I treat my own fabrics"?

Paula (whose next project is a Barbie quilt for grandniece #2)

"Poirier-Mathur" wrote in message
. ..
Hi Paula

I use a lot of fusible batting (not necessarily J.Tailor's and I also use
Sulky and 505 spray glues) and my needles don't get sticky - so you're
right - it's probably the masking tape. as for the the bubblejet rinse, I
get better results with the rinse, but I also treat my own fabrics. I
suspect that the pre-treated fabrics one can buy are treated with Bubble

jet
set too...

Julie in Mtl

Old September 3rd 03, 11:24 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Send it to my house!

--
Happy Dancing with you among the cow patties!
LN in NH

"aluap" wrote in message
Any recommendations on how to store the quilt until Christmas?

Thanks again for all your help!

Paula

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/aluap_1

Old September 3rd 03, 11:26 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

She'll live with the disappointment. There's always next time (as everyone
here keeps telling me).

--

"aluap" wrote in message
Kathy, thanks for offering to "store" the quilt, G, but I think my
grandniece would be very disappointed to open up an empty box on Christmas
Day!

Paula aka aluap

crochet update newsletter C M Crafts Marketplace 0 October 30th 03 01:18 PM
Fusible batting - Thanks aluap Quilting 1 August 31st 03 10:32 PM
Fusible batting aluap Quilting 5 August 31st 03 05:38 PM
Nother Update OT Update on Karlee Sjpolyclay Beads 0 August 31st 03 02:04 AM