OFF TOPIC: Major griping

Old August 28th 03, 05:37 AM
D&D

You certainly do entertain me.... I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't
'get' lasagne in an earlier post

Dee in Oz

PS I some times watch 'Jerry Springer' for a good laugh and every now and
again there is an accent that I just can't understand at all. It is much
easier to try and read it at my own pace. lol

"CNYstitcher" wrote in message
Are we entertaining you?? I hope so...it serves to help clam some of
the storms that swirl throuh everyday life...at least that's what it
does for me!

Larisa

D&D wrote:

I think a spew warning should be posted on these lol.....or may be a
tissue warning for the tears ............lol

Dee in Oz

"Butterfly" wrote in message

Dear Dorter,
Twas a rainin this AM when I gotz up at 5--DANG RAIN! it ain't Nov

yet!!!
Your PA woked and sed he did NOT HURT NO WHERE.
Bout smacked him so hed member wot pain felt like--but dat arm oft myn
sed nah--he dun brung me mah pahain pahill and some toast n wadder so I
kissed im gootbah fer werk.

HE WORE HIS NORMAL BELT ON HIS PANTS TODAY!!!!!!!! instead of his
suspenders VVVVBG He's still healing but I was so Happy Happy
Happy but nowheres near as happy as he is....said that he felt human
once again : )

He tole me ta hava nap and he'd make lunch.
I'ze did nap
Goot news on der specticles fer ya..ya musta got Pa's. Dr seys he can
git o'er the counter at Wallys but he donna lik shoppin dere....ppls
donna git utter da wayz wahen he drahvez deir's scoochterbile..too mooch
stuffz in der floorways.
Lil huglets fer taday
MomII

CNYstitcher wrote:

Ma,

Ize so prowd uf yer! See, it ie genetiks....mine eyes haf been gittin
better too. I hed to git bifocals whin I was 17, but I'n don't need
thim eenymahr. I wint to the eye man a leetle wile ago and he sayed
thet mine eyes wuz a slowin down in tha changin...not much diffrance
frum last looksee. so, no new specs needed, but I had to git me sum of
those dark glasses fer those there sunny daze - meks it eezier to

drahve
mah mekanikal harse ta git food and stuff. gald to heer thet Pa is

doin
ok too. pleez tell him to tayk cayer of hisself.

yer dorter

Butterfly wrote:

Some G O O D N E W S today
Went to have my eyes checked-Dr said that I am NOT as near sighted as
the last time (his records show 1999) This was quite a surprise as I
always got 'worse'

AND I can get 20/20 on BOTH eyes for the first time in YEARS!!!!!!!!!
((Right now the best is 20/50) AND I will get 20/20 using BOTH eyes
for the bifocals

AND he used a computer to double check everything. I felt like a kid
in the candy store by the time I left.
Another nice part--this will only cost $300.00 total--last time is was
$600.00 (frames alone then were $100.00----have absolutely worn these
out so the new frames will be $70.00) Neither DH nor I could remember
the last time my glasses were under $400.00. Now for the proof in the
pudding--it'll be about 2 weeks until they are here. he did say I may
still need to take my glasses off when threading a SM needle as I have
the progressive bifocals--but I can LIVE with that as long as I can go
back to reading without trouble (even the newspaper ; )
Got home and literally slept the day away

AND DH got the fluid drained from one knee and lots of Novocain, etc,
to help it heal..in 2 weeks he will get the other one drained. He was
NOT limping when he got home YAY!! DR says there is NO guarantee this
will last very long but right now it is the best 'stop gap' they have
until he is able to have the surgery.

Not too bad a day overall.
Hugs
Butterfly

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me wrote:

Poor, poor Butterfly. I'm so sorry the docs keep telling you these
things you would really rather not hear- my silliest son (they both

have

their moments) keeps telling me to just quit going! Sadly, that's

not
really a great alternative. Sending you lotsa big, fluffy, warm hugs
and prayers for all these medical tangles and troubles to get
straightened out soonest. The puppers send sloppy doggie-breath

kisses,

too.

Leslie and The Furbabies

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life.... they

make
my life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying,

"Damn...

that was fun!"

Old August 29th 03, 05:51 AM
D&D

We don't have closed captions, but I never thought of that any way so thanks

Dee in Oz

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Dee:
To help with accents you cannot understand, try using your closed
caption features. I have trouble with some accents, especially
regional English accents or some people who have English as
second language and still have heavy foreign accent. The cc
helps.
PAT in VA/USA

Old August 30th 03, 07:53 PM
Dr. Quilter

I gave up after the first one. I have no idea how to read it, I guess
reading 'phonetic' english is not a skill I have!!!

Sharon Harper wrote:

Crikey! And you guys say Aussies talks funny. It's taken me ages to
figures out what y'all is sayin'!! LOL - very entertainin'

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old August 30th 03, 07:55 PM
Dr. Quilter

except when they put words that don't match what the speaker is saying.
have you noticed they do that once in a while? I can't think of a real
example right now. how to these things work, automatic voice recognition
or is there a person typing it out?

Marissa, hoping nobody needs captions to understand her... )

Old August 31st 03, 02:46 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

A person types it out and sometimes they get bored and things get funny! I
notice this when at the gym. They keep the CC on for those without
headphones.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér