5 Triggers for psychological sales technique 5

Old August 29th 03, 10:49 PM
frood

Nope. I'm interested in .....

Completing more projects faster.

Motivating my self to sew more.

Convincing my DH to fork over more dollars.

Psychological tactics for dealing with moody pre-teens and tantrum-throwing
toddlers.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old August 29th 03, 11:21 PM
Janner

Default 5 Triggers for psychological sales technique 5

Are you interested in . . . . .

No, too busy quilting.......

Persuading more prospects to buy faster.

Does it involve S.E.X?

Motivating customers to buy more often.

No, why can't they give me chocolate and squishies?

Convincing more buyers to pay top dollar.

In the UK, dollars aren't a lot of use here.

Pyschological tactics for all of the above!

Who needs that, I'm a woman, haven't you heard how scheming we can be,
especially where S.E.X is involved!

FREE report on www.mind21.co.uk

Does it involve chocolate?

Z7

Should that be Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I just couldn't resist!
--
Janner

"Quite often lately I have the feeling I don't know what's going on..." ---
Snoopy!

"You have to have a Dream!"

---

Old August 30th 03, 05:38 AM
Loren in Seattle

So what tactics have you found for moody preteens? Who knew that the
hormones kick in at about 10 1/2? I was not an easy teen and it seems I am
already getting by just rewards. Sorry Mom.

Loren stressing in Seattle.

. com...

Old August 30th 03, 11:40 AM
Roberta Zollner

My DDs gave very little trouble. They were good manipulators, but I'm older
and better, so I could stay a step ahead. Just remember, hormones are your
friend, part of the process that gets children to leave home eventually. Did
you really want them to live with you forever?

Talking helps. Try to be there for a debriefing every day right after
school. Have a snack together and just listen. Don't criticize, don't hand
out chores. You can lose the weight later if necessary, but you'll never get
a chance to do this over.

Pick an issue well within your comfort range and stand firm. For us, it was
No piercing until age 14, and DD had to pay for it. This served as the focus
of a lot of hormonal angst for several years. Although I admit that all they
pierced back then was ears :-)

Have dinner as a family every night -not always possible these days, but IMO
it's worth sacrificing a few activities.

When they want permission for something, don't say No right away. Hear all
the arguments calmly. Ask questions until you feel you have all the facts.
Discuss pros and cons. Phone the other parents. Then make a decision,
explain your reasoning if it's a negative, and don't change your mind.
Roberta in D

Old August 30th 03, 03:17 PM
DDM

Loren, now you know why many grandparents seem to smirk a lot. The good
news is that pretty soon your preteen will no longer be a moody preteen, the
bad news is that you'll be living with a moody teenager. Thank goodness
time takes care of that too.

Dee in LeRoy, NY ( getting my smirk ready)

Old August 30th 03, 11:47 PM
Jmgreenfld

I've got a 15 year old (today!) DD, and 9 and 13 YO sons. On top of the normal
"teen" and "pre-teen" stuff they have to deal with a very ill dad, so their
lives are pretty stressful just on a day-to-day basis.

I've found that one of the most important things has been to stay on schedule
with meals and bedtimes and make sure that they have plenty of food, fresh air,
and sleep! Seriously! We all seem happier when they've all had a good night's
rest.

As another poster mentioned (sorry I forgot who), choose your issues.
Sometimes I feel like I'm going to bite my lip clear through, but I'm trying
more and more to let some things "roll off" my shoulders, and chose my battles
carefully!

Then again, a quilt retreat for Mom is a great help, too!

HTH-
JoyceG, down the road in Gig Harbor

Loren in Seattle asked:

So what tactics have you found for moody preteens? Who knew that the
hormones kick in at about 10 1/2? I was not an easy teen and it seems I am
already getting by just rewards. Sorry Mom.

Loren stressing in Seattle.

C & M Crafts Crochet patterns is having a 1 and 2 dollar pattern sale's Theultimatemall Marketplace 0 October 12th 04 02:51 PM
C & M Crafts Crochet patterns is having a 1 and 2 dollar pattern sale's Theultimatemall Marketplace 0 October 12th 04 02:49 PM
new technique with jones tones foil !!!!! xtine Polymer Clay 4 January 16th 04 02:25 AM
What happened to WC sales? coops Glass 8 October 18th 03 07:10 AM
FA: $5.00The Technique of Stained Glass Elric of Imrryr Marketplace 0 July 30th 03 03:53 AM