The End is Nigh - Not totally OT, but lost for a while!

Old August 30th 03, 03:35 AM
Kate Dicey

Default The End is Nigh - Not totally OT, but lost for a while!

The lilac bridesmaid rescuing experiment is almost over, and the results
of the first one finished can be seen later tonight, when/if I manage to
publish it*. (Having a little trouble with the hosts at the moment.
Something to do with some worm or other... Must be Oroborus - it's gorn
all rahnd the werld!) There are some more stitching details and a
little more explanation, and some other stuff...

With a bit of luck I can get back to my stars - only a month late! Good
job I built plenty of slack into the system! And I promised myself I
would make a quilt ENTIRELY on the treadle as soon as I could! I have
to do that, especially since I went mad and bought it a walking foot!
Hehehehe! Oh, AND the Curvemaster foot will fit it too

*Tis done! All working just fine when I checked a few minutes ago...
--
I sent this out earlier this evening, and it went to two other NG's I
didn't send it to, but not here! Netscape moment, obviously!

I have half a hem and 4 tacks in a slip/lining to do, one final dress to
press, and I'm done with this!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old August 30th 03, 04:46 AM
Dawn in Alberta

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
[...]

Congrats Kate on a job well done, now you can sit back, relax, have
chocolate and later do a wicked happy dance, you deserve it.

Dawn

When life gets you down , Get up and Mambo
John Candy
Remove the NOSpam to reply

Old August 30th 03, 09:08 PM
Kate Dicey

Sandy Foster wrote:

In article ,
Kate Dicey wrote:

*Tis done! All working just fine when I checked a few minutes ago...

And working just fine right now when I browsed through the new
additions. What a marvel you are, Kate! And how relieved those girls
must feel!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

http://home.earthlink.net/~s_foster

Thank you. They were a bit relieved!

Lindsay's was the one that had to be replaced: it wasn't the zip that
was the big problem here, but the hem - so wonky and short at one side
that I couldn't straighten it at all You can see the difference in
length where they were hanging up at the end! if I'd straightened this
out, it would have been half way up her shins!

Debbi's fitted best and had the least problem with the zip, but dipped
badly at the hem and had a very twisted set of seams. I managed to
re-do the hem, but it is a tad short - it would be ok and just brush her
toes if she was in bare feet! Unfortunately, she has 2 1/2" heels on
her shoes...

Jo's was the tightest - the one I had to let out. It had the best hem:
only needed restitching.

The sad thing is that the re-made one is, while not as good as I would
have liked (time constraints), somewhat better than the other two, and
it IS noticeable. I put almost the last of it up this evening. There
are some pix I need to take of how I altered the pattern for the
attached slip for Lindsay's dress. This slip is one big reason why it
hangs better than the other two (quite apart from it fitting much
better!)

lost wax / life casting vj Jewelry 3 January 6th 05 05:56 AM
Have I lost it? starlia Beads 22 October 21st 04 10:30 AM
Lost wax casting of gold Peter Moreton Jewelry 3 December 20th 03 03:04 AM
HELP!! CAN ANYONE HELP WITH LOST PART OF A PATTERN? Sue Needlework 1 October 28th 03 05:30 PM
lost hug quilt Marijke Quilting 13 July 13th 03 07:25 AM