home needed for a "Bill's Frame" frame

Old June 2nd 04, 12:30 AM
kiera kristinsdottir

Default home needed for a "Bill's Frame" frame

I have a frame that I think is a needlepoint frame. It's stamped
"Bill's Frames" and from the archives of this list I deduce that it's
from Bill Gordon's Woodcraft, a now-defunct business once in
Healdsburg, California.

I'm a rug hooker, and don't really need this frame. Is there someone
in the Portland, Oregon, area who has a hankering for it? I would
charge you what Goodwill charged me.

Alternatively, if no one wants it, I sure could use a diagram to
figure out how to attach all of the parts if anyone out there has
one...perhaps I am destined to try needlepoint?

Thanks so much!

Kiera

Old June 12th 05, 04:49 PM
Shellyjas Shellyjas is offline
Junior Member

Question

Do you still have this frame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiera kristinsdottir

Old July 25th 05, 03:45 AM
Hokiesana Hokiesana is offline
Junior Member

I had a frame stamped "Bill's Frames" and from the archives of this list I deduce that it's
from Bill Gordon's Woodcraft, a now-defunct business once in
Healdsburg, California.

I'm a rug hooker, and don't really need this frame. Is there someone
in the Portland, Oregon, area who has a hankering for it? I would
charge you what Goodwill charged me.

Alternatively, if no one wants it, I sure could use a diagram to
figure out how to attach all of the parts if anyone out there has
one...perhaps I am destined to try needlepoint?

Thanks so much!

Kiera[/quote]
I did have one of these frames and it was lost when we were traveling. I have all the attachments for doing large needlepoint projects. Do you still have this? Hokiesana

Old July 25th 05, 10:56 AM
bdiane

I have several sets of these during the evolution of Bill's work.
First he made them with metal parts, then later plastic. I have had
the plastic break but not the metal of course. I have enough for two
floor frame set ups with 6 or more different sizing arrangements to fit
the need. These are not specific to needlepoint. They are simply
scroll frames and usable easily for linen or aida or whatever you like.
I have owned them for likely 25 years and they still work great. They
rotate to check the back and for tying off etc. They are solid oak and
last forever ! There is even a book holder. Barbie who suggests
putting them together and not getting rid of them!

Old July 26th 05, 12:56 PM
bdiane

The plastic ones, right Tara? That is what I was talking about. The
metal ones are still going strong. I am not saying this is my fav
floor stand as I have others but the ones of the metal are still
usable. I think I have done this process with the hot nail through the
wood and the spot is stronger than the plastic and they do not seem to
break again. The metal construction was indeed superior so do not know
why he went to that ----$?

Old July 26th 05, 11:55 PM

Hokiesana-
I have a Bill's Frame oak floor stand, complete with book holder. What
I am lacking is the large knob that holds the scroll rod assembly to
the post of the floor stand. (It's a long story as to why, but it
involves the wood stove).
I haven't finished my T. Wentzler "Fruit Bell Pull" due to lack of
"knob-age". Would you possibly have this knob and be willing to sell it
to me?
I would be ever so greatful!!!
If you would like to respond privately, add the number "1" before the
"at" symbol in my address.
Thank you!
Mary Murphy

Old July 27th 05, 04:38 PM
bdiane

I am so sorry Mary but I looked and do not have an extra. I thought
perhaps I did but I guess he put no extras in there originally ...
barbie

Old July 27th 05, 05:12 PM

Thank you so much for looking!
Tara's suggestion is something I never thought of- there might be a
wing nut big enough in a hardware store somewhere. I will SO hit myself
in the head if this solves my problem!!
My Bell Pull has been sitting there washed & pressed for more than 4
years- all I have left is the backstitch vines in the borders, and I
was going to replace the flower buds with beads (no confetti stitches
that way), otherwise I would have finished it in hand, then washed.
I've been working on little projects not requiring a scroll frame all
this time.
Thank you anyway for your help!
MM