OT Beavers!

Old December 9th 17, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Night Mist

Default OT Beavers!

I had been thinking that our bitty patch of inland wetland was a spring that had been allowed to bog up.

Nope.

We have a beaver family that moved in and made themselves to home.

We will be keeping an eye on this to see if we have to put in a pond leveler to keep the water from expanding too far, or perhaps make a brook for drainage if it is bad. Also to see if we can get pictures, spy the kits to see how old the current crop is, and count trees.

Since we want to put in some fruit trees, counting trees is going to have to become a thing. Lots of aspen around the area they have dammed, and plenty more that they have taken down. We may actually have to plant some food trees for them to keep them well away from ours.
We don't want to declare them nuisance animals unless it is absolutely necessary.

NightMist
Old January 1st 18, 06:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Hello Night Mist,
You may have to put some fencing around your fruit trees or any other trees you want to keep as those beavers cut them down with those sharp teeth. I love to hear them when they slap their tails on the water.
Sandy$
Old January 2nd 18, 03:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Night Mist

On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 12:23:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hello Night Mist,
You may have to put some fencing around your fruit trees or any other trees you want to keep as those beavers cut them down with those sharp teeth. I love to hear them when they slap their tails on the water.
Sandy$

Since we also have an abundance of rabbits and deer we will in all likelihood have to sand paint part of the trunks on fruit trees. I'm told by one of the extension people that that will keep beaver off them as well. We have a lot of birch, aspen, and willow, so they will be well fed without taking the fruit trees.

NightMist

Anyone seen fabric with beavers on it? QSH Quilting 8 March 5th 05 11:36 AM
beavers glennda Marketplace 0 November 29th 03 04:28 PM
beavers glennda Marketplace 0 November 29th 03 04:28 PM