Quilting nightmare -- literally

Old August 20th 14, 03:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

Default Quilting nightmare -- literally

A few nights ago, I dreamed that I had arrived at a quilting retreat at
a location about 3 hours from where I live. After I got there, I
realized that I had the patterns for the projects I wanted to work on,
but I had left the fabric and my sewing machine at home. I had to turn
around and go back home for them. I suppose I could have bought more
fabric, but I really needed my sewing machine.

I do have a list on my computer of stuff to take to a quilting retreat,
so I will have to make sure to check it carefully before I leave for the
real retreat next month. I've never gone that far for a retreat before;
forgetting something would be more serious than when the retreat is only
a half-hour from home.

Julia in MN
Old August 20th 14, 04:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Kind of like the bad school dreams I still have. Wonder what
your apprehension is here?
Taria

Old August 20th 14, 09:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat on the Green

Me too! My most frequently recurring nightmare is also based on school,
as a teacher.

I get to school, don't know the layout, can't find the classroom and
then I lose my timetable altogether ... I find the class that is
expecting me by following unusual noise ... shudder - still g
..

Old August 20th 14, 11:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Julia in MN" wrote in message ...
A few nights ago, I dreamed that I had arrived at a quilting retreat at
a location about 3 hours from where I live. After I got there, I
realized that I had the patterns for the projects I wanted to work on,
but I had left the fabric and my sewing machine at home. I had to turn
around and go back home for them. I suppose I could have bought more
fabric, but I really needed my sewing machine.

I do have a list on my computer of stuff to take to a quilting retreat,
so I will have to make sure to check it carefully before I leave for the
real retreat next month. I've never gone that far for a retreat before;
forgetting something would be more serious than when the retreat is only
a half-hour from home.

Julia in MN

When I was working ( I'm retired ) I used to dream about getting to the
office and not being able to find my desk supplies and files that I needed!
Sure is nice to be retired!
Barbara in HOT SC

Old August 21st 14, 12:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

I don't really feel apprehensive about this retreat. It's the first time
I've been to a retreat at this place, but I've been there for other
things many times over the years so I am familiar with the facility. I
don't know most of the quilters who will be there, but they are
quilters, so it should be good. It's been several years since I've been
to a quilting retreat and those were always at the same facility (though
not the one I'm going to now) with many of the same people, so maybe
it's just the unfamiliarity of the situation. I have reviewed my list
and added a few things.

I used to have a couple variations of the school nightmare. In one, I
was at the first day of school and couldn't find the bulletin board
where the homeroom assignments was posted. In the other, I'm at college
and find out I have to take a final exam in a course I didn't know I was
enrolled in. Both of those pretty much stopped after I went back to
school and started a new career - and that is 30+ years ago. I figured
the dreams maybe meant I was trying to figure out my path for the future.

Another dream I still have occasionally is the bathroom one. I either
have to pee or I want to take a shower and there is a constant stream of
people through the bathroom. I've finally figured that I have those
dreams when I feel like my life is out of control and I'm letting others
make too many demands on my life. When I have a dream like that, I know
it's time to take some time for myself.

Julia in MN

Old August 21st 14, 12:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Well, I hope your time at the retreat is terrific and you forget nothing.
Report back after you go? Taria