where can I find vintage buttons?

Old October 20th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Default where can I find vintage buttons?

I've got an old Aquascutum navy peacoat with a missing button, and I'm
having a heck of time finding a replacement. It's a 1" button, navy
blue, with a raised anchor in the center. On top of the anchor is a
raised "G". The button also has a rope design running around the
border. I'd rather replace the missing one instead of replacing them
all, since this was my grandfather's coat and I wear it all the time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old October 20th 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

This is just a suggestion. Get some of that clay that you can make a
mould of the button with. It can be bought for using with PMC.
Press your button into it and let it set. Then soften some Fimo clay in
Navy and press it in the mould and bake it has per instructions.

I made some buttons for a jacket I knitted in mohair. It was cream and I
sewed some autumn leaves in coloured suede on it. I could not find
buttons so I made some Fimo ones like ivy leaves.
Shirley

In message . com,
writes

--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old October 22nd 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Ooooo, great idea!!

--
Jerri