Makers mark - Sterling silver

Old October 20th 03, 09:28 AM
Dave Ryman

Default Makers mark - Sterling silver

Hi,
New to this group. We have a piece of silver which is quite clearly
hallmarked. From the net, we have established that it is 92.5% silver, made
in London in 1985.

However, there doesn't appear to be a list of maker's marks on the
Internet, and we don't have a book listing them - this is the only time
we've ever needed to identify a piece. I guess someone out there has such a
publication, and I'd like to be cheeky and ask them to look up the makers
mark for us - which is ASJ (in a rectangle).

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,
Dave

http://welcome.to/daves.website
http://travel.to/formula.one
Old October 20th 03, 04:15 PM
Chris Hackett

Try contacting the London Assay Office they might be able to help.

http://www.thegoldsmiths.co.uk/Assay...ssayOffice.htm

Chris

Sterling Silver Bead Sonia Beads 1 March 22nd 04 10:18 PM
silverplated and sterling silver Audrey Beads 2 March 22nd 04 04:30 PM
AD: Sterling Silver JumpRings for Chains on Ebay The Bead Goddess Beads 0 January 12th 04 02:49 AM
makers mark on flea market find Shirley Shone Beads 7 August 14th 03 10:39 PM
Help! I ruined my sterling silver letter beads in jewelry cleaner! Julie Minkin Beads 3 August 4th 03 07:29 PM