Yee-haw - I did some beading today!

Old September 13th 04, 05:45 AM
Marisa2

Default Yee-haw - I did some beading today!

Kathy,

That sounds really beautiful. I love alexandrite. I hope we can see a
pic some time soon.

Do you feel you can give yourself a break tomorrow after having achieved
this?

marisa2

Kathy N-V wrote:

It's been a long while since I've beaded anything, because of the
increasing uselessness of my left hand. (You should see how my
typing has deteriorated. I used to type well over 100 WPM, with no
errors - it's nowhere near that now) But the inability to bead has
really bothered me.

Today, I decided to finish the beadwoven necklace that's been looking
at me with disdain for months. Each day, I've done a couple of rows,
but it never seemed to get any longer. So today, despite the pain I
finished the dratted thing. And I love it - it looks like purple ice.
(it's all alexandite teardrop beads in a spiral where you cannot see
the core - which happens to be matching seed beads)

The I figured I was already in pain, so what the heck. I started to
get things together for a matching bracelet, when the child showed me
the new watch I had made her for school. I used double strands of 49
ply SoftTouch 0.24, double crimped everything, and the kid still
manages to break it.

Oh no, she didn't exactly break it - "It broke all by itself."
Oddly, it was the SoftTouch that let go, so the bracelet was intact
except for where it connected to the watch head. I didn't have the
hand strength to do crimping, so I used elastic thread and made her a
clown fish watch. It came out really well, although I don't expect
it will last very long. Thank G*d there are $4 watch heads.

I hurt like crazy, but man, did it feel good to actually make
something again.

Kathy N-V

Old September 13th 04, 06:43 AM
starlia

I hope you post photos soon. I've missed your bead works but totally
understand your pain. I was in so much pain today I just wanted someone to
take a sledge hammer to my head. Poor Candice had to try and understand me
with a pillow over my face last night.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

. giganews.com...

Old September 13th 04, 01:52 PM
~Candace~

I understood you just fine, hon
My Mom got a laugh when I told her my "support staff" had conked out on
methadone, though. LOL. (She of course had no idea about your head)

"starlia" wrote in message
I hope you post photos soon. I've missed your bead works but totally
understand your pain. I was in so much pain today I just wanted someone
take a sledge hammer to my head. Poor Candice had to try and understand
me
with a pillow over my face last night.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

. giganews.com...

Old September 13th 04, 05:25 PM
starlia

The phenergan is what wipes me out. I had to take that before the methadone
just to keep from getting sick.

Now I'm still feeling the effects but at least nasty headache is at bay. I
hate those days when I almost ask to go to the ER (which is the very last
thing I want to do.)

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

om...

"starlia" wrote in message
I hope you post photos soon. I've missed your bead works but totally
understand your pain. I was in so much pain today I just wanted someone
take a sledge hammer to my head. Poor Candice had to try and understand
me
with a pillow over my face last night.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

. giganews.com...

Old September 13th 04, 07:16 PM
Marisa2

I hope you're not holding a torch when you're feeling that bad. Or
when you're wierd from the medications.

marisa2

starlia wrote:

The phenergan is what wipes me out. I had to take that before the methadone
just to keep from getting sick.

Now I'm still feeling the effects but at least nasty headache is at bay. I
hate those days when I almost ask to go to the ER (which is the very last
thing I want to do.)

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

om...

"starlia" wrote in message

I hope you post photos soon. I've missed your bead works but totally
understand your pain. I was in so much pain today I just wanted someone
take a sledge hammer to my head. Poor Candice had to try and understand
me
with a pillow over my face last night.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

st.giganews.com...

Old September 13th 04, 08:43 PM
starlia

I do work on meds but I don't get near the torch when I'm that bad. Any
light whatsoever nearly kills me. The sounds alone from the concentrator
would have my head throbbing. Plus I know I could set the house or myself
on fire. That's never a very good idea. If I start getting nauseated I
know I'm in for a bad time. I'm still sleeping off the effects of all those
meds and hopefully will be back to normal tomorrow.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

om...

starlia wrote:

The phenergan is what wipes me out. I had to take that before the

methadone
just to keep from getting sick.

Now I'm still feeling the effects but at least nasty headache is at bay.

hate those days when I almost ask to go to the ER (which is the very

last
thing I want to do.)

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

om...

"starlia" wrote in message

I hope you post photos soon. I've missed your bead works but totally
understand your pain. I was in so much pain today I just wanted

someone
take a sledge hammer to my head. Poor Candice had to try and

understand
me
with a pillow over my face last night.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

st.giganews.com...

Old September 13th 04, 10:52 PM
Kandice Seeber

((((((hugs)))))))

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old September 14th 04, 08:17 AM
KDK

The necklace sounds lovely. Glad you got to bead some.

Kathy K
. giganews.com...

Old September 14th 04, 04:22 PM
Dr. Sooz

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Starlia}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Poor sweetie. :-(

I do work on meds but I don't get near the torch when I'm that bad. Any
light whatsoever nearly kills me. The sounds alone from the concentrator
would have my head throbbing. Plus I know I could set the house or myself
on fire. That's never a very good idea. If I start getting nauseated I
know I'm in for a bad time. I'm still sleeping off the effects of all those
meds and hopefully will be back to normal tomorrow.

~~
Sooz
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. ~~Joseph Chilton
Pearce

Old September 14th 04, 08:45 PM
starlia

I'm back to normal somewhat. The head pain is getting worse daily and that
sucks big time.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com