This is too funny!

Old November 26th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

Default This is too funny!

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:21:21 GMT, (Mirjam
Bruck-Cohen) wrote:

thank you SUE
that was a very clear explanation
mirjam
s.com wrote:

It's a term that means cobble together, or make do with what you've got
to put something together. Or something along those lines... In this
instance, Wooly means the patterns are basic/simple enough she can make
up her own.

sue

Yep, what Suzee said
Old November 26th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Olwyn Mary" wrote in message
.. .
Shillelagh wrote:
So, who is being rude here?

That's the last I intend to say on it. Have a good day.

Shelagh

Ah yes, now that you are both being challenged on it, you retract.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

I said I wasn't going to say anything more - and you are trying to make me
say something - so here it is - I haven't retracted anything. I don't intend
to start a ****ing contest with you. If you find my posts rude - then put
me on a kill file, you won't hurt my feelings. Now this is truly the last I
intend to say about it. If you want the last word - please - have it.

Shelagh

Old November 27th 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

WoolyGooly
what is the meaning of
Kludge
that I care to knit, or that I can't kludge up on my own.

never saw trhis term before ?
mirjam
I knit with balls all the time and I'm not male: I wind center-pull
balls on the ballwinder, or wind them by hand if the hank is small and
the yarn is fat. Absolutely nothing wrong about knitting with balls,
and it's much easier and more portable than knitting from hanks...

Old November 27th 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I like that name , it has humor,,,
much better than selling everything with a naked lady over the title ,
i always roll all my wool into balls, much easier to knit from ..
mirjam

I was skimming Elann as I usually do, and today they are flogging their
knitting books. I happened upon this one:

It's titled "Knitting With Balls - A Hands-on Guide to Knitting For the
Modern Man"
http://tinyurl.com/y797a6

I like some of the designs they show, and will have to keep an eye open for
it in the bookstores.

Shelagh

Old November 27th 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Olwyn Mary ,, i am now speaking as an artist as a woman of 63 [did i
say that ?] a feminist ,,,, There are so many things that are sold
with Rude , Brutal, Abusive AntiFeminist symbols,remarks, and
pictures. We have become used to the idea ,that it is ok , to do it,
but when a title hints jokingly and delicately to the other gender,
you find it rude. In an ideal world i would have agreed with you , but
now we have to TURN the tables, and agree and understand that this
kind of titles will teach and educate men , to be more considerate
with Female sensitivities ,,,
mirjam

eScrew [email protected] Yarn 0 December 20th 04 10:54 AM
eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] Needlework 0 December 20th 04 09:23 AM
eScrew zen story [email protected] Quilting 0 December 20th 04 08:59 AM
funny joke about beads [email protected] Beads 0 December 19th 04 01:05 PM
Funny, funny bead rules susiegibson Beads 6 October 21st 04 05:37 AM