A crimp in my day -quite literally

Old May 23rd 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

Default A crimp in my day -quite literally

Feeling a bit stupid, but able to chuckle about it as the strand is
long enough to
make 2 short necklaces out of it:

Being on vacation (on island, so I have all my supplies) I finally
have some time
to tackle one of the designs that I've been carrying around in my
heads for a few
weeks, a 4 strand 30" necklace.
So I cut my 4 strands (of SoftFlex), start crimping, and find that
instead of crimping
the 4th strand I put another crimp on the end of the 3rd. Sounded like
a really good
waste of both beading cable as well as crimp beads, but at least it's
long enough
to cut into 2 pieces and still be able to make something out of it.

In the mean time I'm almost done, but rather close to the end decided
I really
needed a break from stringing a large number of 11/0 seed beads (and
some
others) - of course sitting in front of the computer isn't much better
for the
eyes and shoulders. Will post a link when I'm done.

Am I the only one who does things this stupid?

Aloha,
Maren
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at: http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/
Old May 23rd 08, 08:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Carla

Heh, every bracelet I've made in the past three weeks - I finish it with
the clasp attached...and then notice I missed a spacer somewhere.

Cheers,
Carla

Old May 23rd 08, 07:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
chaddock

I've got you both beat. Twice, I closed off a necklace with the wrong
end of a clasp. Thus giving me two bars and no toggle!

-m.

www.jewelrybychaddock.com

Old May 23rd 08, 07:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On May 23, 8:28 am, chaddock wrote:
I've got you both beat. Twice, I closed off a necklace with the wrong
end of a clasp. Thus giving me two bars and no toggle!

-m.

www.jewelrybychaddock.com

I knew there's a reason to use split rings on the ends ...
(or jump rings, for the jump ring people).

I actually managed to finish the whole thing without putting an
extra twist in somewhere (much to my surprise).

Not feeling quite so stupid anymore now (in spite of that I left
all my silver color clasps at home except some rather large
base metal toggles).

Old May 24th 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

Default A crimp in my day -quite literally - and the necklace that cameof it

On May 22, 2:14 pm, Maren at google wrote:
Being on vacation (on island, so I have all my supplies) I finally
have some time
to tackle one of the designs that I've been carrying around in my
heads for a few
weeks, a 4 strand 30" necklace.

In the mean time I'm almost done, but rather close to the end decided
I really
needed a break from stringing a large number of 11/0 seed beads (and
some
others) - of course sitting in front of the computer isn't much better
for the
eyes and shoulders. Will post a link when I'm done.

Realizing I don't have all my supplies g I put on one of the few
clasps I had with me:

http://www.jach.hawaii.edu/~maren/hi...p_seed_001.jpg

The color didn't come out very well, it's a transparent rather dark
green.
They call it olivine but it's much darker than the olivine we have
here.
- And it really escapes me why bead makers think that peridot and
olivine
are different colors. Living on a volcano that emits that kind of
matter:
peridots consist of olivine.It's volcanic glass. -

Shoulders hurting again, this time from sitting in front of the
computer
for too long.

Now having taken up both wire wrapping and stringing I really don't
know where I'll go from here, all I know is that it won't be chain
maille.

Old May 25th 08, 08:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

Haven't done any dumb jewelry mistakes lately, but I'm having to face
the fact that my short term memory is going. On Friday, I had to go to
work without my purse because I couldn't find it. rofl. Fortunately,
my keys are on the hook by the door, so I drove the 2 l/2 miles to
work, obeying every traffic law I could think of. The penalties for
having a license, but not having the license with you while you are
driving are more money than driving without a license at all. Does
that make any sense? That's NJ for you.

After I came home, I found my purse buried under some clothes I was
sorting. I have since made a specific place to put my purse when I
come home...it's too big to put on one of those eyeglass
chains....which I probably will need to make soon as well. Of course,
I hardly ever wear my glasses, so they are usually in my purse...ah
yes...we've already covered that.

Patti
Old May 25th 08, 11:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vicky

On May 25, 2:37*am, Patti wrote:
[...]

I have lost my purse that way my self and in the past 2 days 2 of my
plyers have gone missing and a new bottle of pills wondering if the
cats took them sigh I have missed you guys smile Vacation went great
http://amdtoartists.blogspot.com/ I wrote about the first day here
already i write more later HUgs All Vicki
Old May 25th 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On May 25, 12:08 am, Vicky wrote:
On May 25, 2:37 am, Patti wrote:

After I came home, I found my purse buried under some clothes I was
sorting. I have since made a specific place to put my purse when I
come home...it's too big to put on one of those eyeglass
chains....which I probably will need to make soon as well. Of course,

I'd be lost without mine.

I hardly ever wear my glasses, so they are usually in my purse...ah
yes...we've already covered that.

because I can't read without them anymore.
And if I only put my keys in the wrong pocket I can get pretty
frantic (got a vest with big pockets to keep keys, phone,
wallet and a stack of lists - and a pen).
I keep my purse in my backpack.

I have lost my purse that way my self and in the past 2 days 2 of my
plyers have gone missing and a new bottle of pills wondering if the
cats took them sigh I have missed you guys smile Vacation went greathttp://amdtoartists.blogspot.com/I wrote about the first day here
already i write more later HUgs All Vicki

There's another one back and "accounted for" :-)
I had forgotten you went on vacation.

I lose about a pair of pruners per year (put down in the yard and
forget),
and I'm still missing 1/2 lb of 1 3/4" bracelet memory wire that I'm
sure
I still had. I got more now, so I'm sure I'll find it now :-)

Aloha,
Maren

HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at: http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/

way OT - book art (literally!) Karen, Queen of Squishies Quilting 8 May 2nd 07 01:12 AM
These, Literally, Took My Breath Away [email protected] Beads 3 May 12th 06 12:05 AM
Crimp covers Lee S. Billings Beads 5 July 29th 05 12:57 AM
The first time my jaw has literally dropped Alison in OH Needlework 40 November 29th 04 05:31 PM
Show & Tell - Tink Bead, Literally! Tinkster Beads 14 April 4th 04 06:23 AM