UFO/WIP Disorder

Old October 2nd 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

Default UFO/WIP Disorder

It's got to be easier than what I'm trying to work out for myself spampot,
I'm tying myself in knots with a provisional cast on and then working out
what to do next!!
love & higs
Christine

"spampot" wrote in message
Midwest poster wrote:
Christine - DON'T START THAT! Just doing you a favor so don't hit me,
please. LOL

Ah, but Christine's yummy merino sock yarn will grab her and drag her to a
lacy scarf/moebius pattern....when the yarn is there in your hands, you
CAN'T not start something!!

Christine, I have a moebius lace pattern but the setup is truly hellish...

Old October 2nd 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

Well I'll only hit you if you get really insistent abotu me not starting
anything ELSE new!!
Love & higs
Christine

news

--
Jan in MN

" Christine in Kent, Garden of England"
wrote in message
Puts hand in the air, and very sheepishly (sorry about the pun!!) admits

to:
2 shawls, 2 crochet still born baby blankets (portable projects),1 large
crochet baby blanket,1 hat, 2 pairs of socks, 1 chunky zip up jacket, 1
tatted doily, 2 scarves, and that's only what I can see from here. And

I'm
trying to find a pattern for a lacy scarf/moebius for a gift to use some
yummy merino sock yarn.
Help, I need someone to say "don't start that": only I'm likely to hit

them
if they get near enough!!

Love and higs (determined to try to finish something SOON)
Christine

Old October 2nd 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 00:03:22 -0400, spampot spewed
forth :

HA! You're One Of Us. Yes. Socks are like crack.

Have been for years. But earlier this year I cranked out a few dozen
pairs on the circular sock machine. And I've got 3doz pairs in the
rotation WITHOUT the machine socks. Crack, indeed.

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old October 2nd 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

Spampot wrote:

'Fess up, gang, who else is a fellow sufferer?

Heh, I don't suffer, I revel in it g

Let's see...right now I have 2 pair of socks on needles (one for me, one
for my youngest), 2 Absolutely Fabulous throws (one of which absolutely
needs to be done in the next week but should be no problem getting
there), a mostly finished bag (need to pick up another skein of yarn so
I can finish and felt it), a half-finished lace shawl (exactly
half-finished, as it's done in two parts then grafted and I've finished
one part), and that lace cardigan I worked on in the hospital (have one
and a half sleeves to go).

Of course, I didn't include my "UFO from Hell", the twin-size bedspread
I started when my older daughter was 2 - she's now 14-1/2 - that has
been languishing with about 2 feet (out of about 6 needed to make a
proper coverlet) done. I had lost the section of the book with the
pattern in it - recently found the same book in one of my not-so-local
yarn shops - and really didn't want to rip out anything; it's being made
with bedspread weight cotton (size 10) on size 000 needles. 648
stitches per row. Any wonder it's been in limbo for years g

OTOH, I have finished about 6 pair of socks, not including the pair for
the Sock Wars :-)

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Old October 2nd 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

Default UFO/WIP Disorder Some OT

Dennis wrote:

please pass a spare prayer you might have laying around. Gail is to
the point she can not go to the bathroom alone. Maybe I should slow
down a little. I was in the emergency room from a fall. We were in
the hospital together for one night. Gail comes home Monday morning.

I'll keep candles lit for both of you and send as much healing energy as
I can muster.

Old October 2nd 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

Sorry to hear that Gail's in hospital Dennis, healing thoughts winging their
way across the Great Shining Water, and prayers winging their way elsewhere.
Also sorry to hear that you fell. You know I think that your daughter may
have got it right; we all need to adapt as we get older, and think about how
we do things. I think pacing yourself is a good idea, after all life's a
marathon not a sprint. Sprinting's great for teenagers!!
Love, higs and get well soon to Gail
Christine

"SpikeDriver" wrote in message
spampot wrote:
....or Syndrome or something. Why can I not resist starting a new
project the minute I see a pattern that intrigues me, no matter how many
other WIPs are staring me in the face? This is why I have three sets of
interchangeable circs...I saw the maze-patterned cap in the latest Knitty
and grabbed some junk yarn (ancient acrylic sport weight) and am halfway
through the design even though I have two other sock projects just
started (and I don't dare look in my closet to see how many other UFOs
are languishing there).

'Fess up, gang, who else is a fellow sufferer?

If you find an answer from some one, please pass it on.

Counting other hobbies I have, several items are in the oven.

I have started a new pair of socks, 2 afghans, purchased enough Wool-Ease
to practice my first gansey on my new sheaths, several black & white pics
to remove scratches from, a friends crashed computer has been here for
several days, I just started chip carving a cube shaped napkin cover box
and I had to leave Gail in the hospital last night, please pass a spare
prayer you might have laying around. Gail is to the point she can not go
to the bathroom alone. Maybe I should slow down a little. I was in the
emergency room from a fall. We were in the hospital together for one
night. Gail comes home Monday morning.

My daughter told me to slow down or die but, I don't know how, really. I
am afraid to slow down more than I am to work to fast or to much.

Any ideas on this one.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Old October 2nd 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

Sorry to hear, Dennis! Warm thoughts!
Aud :-)
Old October 3rd 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot

Wooly wrote:
On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 00:03:22 -0400, spampot spewed
forth :

HA! You're One Of Us. Yes. Socks are like crack.

Have been for years. But earlier this year I cranked out a few dozen
pairs on the circular sock machine. And I've got 3doz pairs in the
rotation WITHOUT the machine socks. Crack, indeed.

+++++++++++++

Whoa!! Yes, I don't dare buy such a machine, or a knitting machine, or
get involved in spinning....
Old October 3rd 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot

SpikeDriver wrote:
spampot wrote:

[...]

Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear this. Prayers for both of you. And your
daughter is trying to tell you she can't lose both of you, so do try to
slow down!
Old October 3rd 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Hugs and prayers for both you and Gail. Hope you're both feeling
better real soon.
Marie and the cats