You won't believe this

Old September 28th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot

Default You won't believe this

Anyone here get The Stitchery catalogue? I haven't embroidered for
decades, and I was just about to toss the catalogue in the recycling
when I turned it over and on the back was "Knit Lite." Lighted knitting
needles. Yes!! For a mere $15.95, you can own a pair of plastic
needles (sizes 6, 8, 9, 10, 10.5, 11, 13, or 15), 18 inches long, with
LED tips that use G3-A batteries to make them glow! Imagine how annoyed
the people sitting next to you in the theater or the cinema will be as
your tips flash back and forth!

I HAVE to get a pair for my knitting SIL. www.thestitchery.com, item
T66-546.
Old September 29th 06, 06:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

spampot wrote:
when I turned it over and on the back was "Knit Lite." Lighted knitting
needles. Yes!! For a mere $15.95, you can own a pair of plastic
needles (sizes 6, 8, 9, 10, 10.5, 11, 13, or 15), 18 inches long, with
LED tips that use G3-A batteries to make them glow!

I just saw these yesterday on the Clover website. I was rather stunned
for a while - I just can't imagine why I'd (or anybody) would want
lighted knitting needles. Very odd.

: )

Old September 29th 06, 09:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Vintage Purls wrote:
spampot wrote:
when I turned it over and on the back was "Knit Lite." Lighted
knitting needles. Yes!! For a mere $15.95, you can own a pair of
plastic needles (sizes 6, 8, 9, 10, 10.5, 11, 13, or 15), 18 inches
long, with LED tips that use G3-A batteries to make them glow!

I just saw these yesterday on the Clover website. I was rather stunned
for a while - I just can't imagine why I'd (or anybody) would want
lighted knitting needles. Very odd.

)

Maybe the teen knitters will rush out to get em for slumber parties.....our
local Joann Fabrics and Michaels has em.

Donna

Old September 29th 06, 01:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Alison

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 18:31:57 -0400, spampot wrote:

Anyone here get The Stitchery catalogue? I haven't embroidered for
decades, and I was just about to toss the catalogue in the recycling
when I turned it over and on the back was "Knit Lite." Lighted knitting
needles. Yes!! For a mere $15.95, you can own a pair of plastic
needles (sizes 6, 8, 9, 10, 10.5, 11, 13, or 15), 18 inches long, with
LED tips that use G3-A batteries to make them glow! Imagine how annoyed
the people sitting next to you in the theater or the cinema will be as
your tips flash back and forth!

I HAVE to get a pair for my knitting SIL. www.thestitchery.com, item
T66-546.

I've seen these at the Rag Shop (a local craft store chain) - you
could use your 40% coupon for a more reasonable price. I have only 2
questions - one is - why no size 7? That's right, there are no size
7s! And the second question, is why are they so long? I would never
use 18 inch needles!

Alison
Old September 29th 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Craftkitten

I saw them in the Mary Maxim catalogue and then at Michael's. The only
thing is that they take three batteries per needle to light them.

I like the long needles because I knit with the right needle tucked
under my arm.

Darlene

Old September 29th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Knit in the Cinema , knit in a darkened public transport ????? in the
garden in summer nights ?
mirjam

Old September 29th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot

Vintage Purls wrote:
spampot wrote:

when I turned it over and on the back was "Knit Lite." Lighted knitting
needles. Yes!! For a mere $15.95, you can own a pair of plastic
needles (sizes 6, 8, 9, 10, 10.5, 11, 13, or 15), 18 inches long, with
LED tips that use G3-A batteries to make them glow!

I just saw these yesterday on the Clover website. I was rather stunned
for a while - I just can't imagine why I'd (or anybody) would want
lighted knitting needles. Very odd.

: )

I know, they're kind of an expensive joke...but I seize any opportunity
for a joke! "For the knitter who has everything..."

Old September 30th 06, 05:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Sorry what is a Jeddi knitter ?
We are all Human knitters ,,,
mirjam
com wrote:

But would they make you a Jedi Knitter????? regards Ali B
"Vintage Purls" wrote in message
roups.com...

Old September 30th 06, 07:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
khoff

It's a reference to the Jedi Knights from the Star Wars series of
movies. They used "light sabers" -- sort of a magical sword that
looked a little like a big glow-in-the-dark knitting needle.