What we're stitching now...

Old November 8th 05, 02:27 PM
jules

Default What we're stitching now...

Love those quotes!

I just finished 2 projects, a Candamar Designs crewel rabbit, which is
at the framers and a X-Stitch Celtic Cross my dh picked up for me at a
Celtic festival. Lovely. Now I'm working to finish the first of 4
bayeaux tapestry sections my in laws bought me in England! Once that's
done, it's on to a stumpwork etui called Rose a Mundi. :-D

Julie

Old November 8th 05, 02:28 PM
Pat Lerch

Right now I'm on the fourth panel of "Wynken, Blyken and Nod" for dear GS
who hasn't yet been born yet but was due last week. At this rate, I may
have it finished before he arrives LOL. This was a chart I bought years
ago, as the poem was one of my children's favorite. And as my DD has done
the nursery with a moon and stars theme it fits right in. I'm so happy I
have a reason to stitch it. As soon as that is done I'm going back to "The
French Alphabet Sampler" and I'm going to start an EGA project, a band
sampler whose name and designer have slipped my mind.

Pat in SJ

"Jere Williams" wrote in message
I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know what we are all stitching
right now -- I'd suspect it's a wide cross-section.

I love interesting quotes, and I'm doing one now that says: I pray that
risen from the dead, I may in Glory stand. A Crown perhaps upon my head,
but a needle in my hand."

The last quote I did said as I told y'all, "Things haven't been the same
since that house fell on my sister."

The one before that was "A needle in the hand is worth two in the couch."
My dh strongly agreed with that one.
--
Jere

Old November 8th 05, 03:01 PM
F.James Cripwell

I am quite a long way into one of my computer generated charts. This
time the false color satellite image of a hurricane. Black background,
dark eye, and swirling colors from pale yellow, through burnt oranges, to
purples and garnet. Though I say it as shouldn't, it really is quite
spectacular.

--
Jim Cripwell. A volante tribe of bards on earth are found,/ who, while the
flattering zephyrs round them play,/ on "coignes of vantage" build their nests
Old November 8th 05, 03:14 PM
Lucille

"Jere Williams" wrote in message
I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know what we are all stitching
right now -- I'd suspect it's a wide cross-section.

I love interesting quotes, and I'm doing one now that says: I pray that
risen from the dead, I may in Glory stand. A Crown perhaps upon my head,
but a needle in my hand."

The last quote I did said as I told y'all, "Things haven't been the same
since that house fell on my sister."

The one before that was "A needle in the hand is worth two in the couch."
My dh strongly agreed with that one.
--
Jere

Let's see, First I've started knitting a baby set for my niece. It's going
to be a boring project because of the 210 stitches I cast on for the baby
blanket about half of them are done in the bramble stitch which is a very
big pain in the neck to do. But this is for someone who has been trying to
have a baby for several years, had two misses, went for the in vitro
business a couple of times and now is pregnant the old fashioned way. Will
wonders never cease.

I also have an almost done little Dimensions Gold Kit called Amaryllis in
Bloom. I just need to complete the silver couched trim that frames the
picture.

What I have impatiently waiting for me in the closet, ready to come out and
play, is my first attempt at blackwork. It's calling to me but I must get
at least some of the baby set done so he doesn't get this gift when he's
starting college.

Thanks Jere for starting a thread that actually has something to do with
needlework and is fun to read.

Lucille

Old November 8th 05, 03:18 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Jere Williams wrote:
I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know what we are all stitching
right now -- I'd suspect it's a wide cross-section.

I just finished the VS Heirloom Anniversary sampler
for my parents' 40th anniversary party (but done in greens
instead of pinks/mauves and with a different verse). I'm
trying to kick my butt into finishing a Tunisian crochet
plaid afghan for a friend's baby. It's been lingering
for over a year and a half. This particular technique has
made it impossible to carry the project around, so I don't
get so much time with it, but I think now that it's
Nutcracker season, maybe I'll just bite the bullet and
haul the big box'o'skeins to the dance studio anyway.
After that, I really ought to finish up a wool-on-wool
blanket (from Inspirations) that also should have been
finished long ago. Who knows if I'll decide to be good,
though ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old November 8th 05, 03:20 PM
bungadora

I've had a productivity meltdown, and haven't actually done much over
the past month or so. I'm probably going to do beadwork over the next
month to get my Xmas gifts ready. All the nieces are going to get
necklaces. I've also been playing with the idea of embroidering little
silk bags to put the necklaces in, but I will see what kind of time I
have. The embroidery for little jewelry bags actually doesn't take long
- it's the finishing that always gets me.

Other than that, the UFO's have been staring at me, particularly the
Eliane McCready iris tapestry.

Dora

Old November 8th 05, 03:40 PM
Dawne Peterson

I just picked up a chart booklet at my LNS called Parisian Panache by
Leisure Arts. Very simple little charts, lots of backstitch sketching (the
Eiffel tower, legs in fishnet stockings, etc). I need something very
simple and light-hearted to do right now, and this should work perfectly.
Dawne

Old November 8th 05, 03:42 PM
Tia Mary

Jere Williams wrote:
I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know what we are all stitching
right now -- I'd suspect it's a wide cross-section. ......
Jere

I'm working on a small piece (barely 4" square) to be appliquéd to
the tree skirt I started for the SMDGD in 2003, the year she was born.
I am doing one of the DVG Christmas Cat ornament designs and I'm about
halfway finished with it. Also in the works is the *#%&%^ Animal Ark
Growth Chart kit (from Sunset, I think)! Other stuff keeps getting in
the way and I don't work on it as often I want. It's VERY colorful, on
bright yellow aida and the animals and ark are all in bright pastels in
a patchwork design. I'm starting to think the kid will be on her way to
University before I get the blasted thing finished -- LOL! I only have
ONE animal left to stitch, too! CiaoMeow ^;;^

--
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Old November 8th 05, 03:57 PM
Jere Williams

Lost in the bushes -- I like that, often feel that way if I do a big work
with lots of shading, which I rarely do any more.

I've found I love so many of the new designers, with their simpler designs,
because they're simply so much easier for me, LOL.
--
Jere

"Pat P" wrote in message

"Jere Williams" wrote in message
I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know what we are all

stitching
right now -- I'd suspect it's a wide cross-section.

I love interesting quotes, and I'm doing one now that says: I pray that
risen from the dead, I may in Glory stand. A Crown perhaps upon my

head,
but a needle in my hand."

The last quote I did said as I told y'all, "Things haven't been the same
since that house fell on my sister."

The one before that was "A needle in the hand is worth two in the

couch."
My dh strongly agreed with that one.
--
Jere

----"or in the carpet!" LOL! I run around with bare feet!

I`m working on quite a big one (about 275 by 175) of Otley Hall, a

beautiful
old Tudor house in our area which belonged to the Gosnold family. One of
them sailed to Jamestown in the "Godspeed", a replica of which was sailed
across there some years ago. I believe it`s still there, rotting away

now.
At the moment I`m lost in the bushes, so to speak!

Pat P

Old November 8th 05, 03:59 PM
Jenn Ridley

"Jere Williams" wrote:

I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know what we are all stitching
right now -- I'd suspect it's a wide cross-section.

Let's see.

I'm in the homestretch of detailing Morning Glories from Art-Stitch
(just the last couple of veins in the flower).

I'm also working on Bent Creek's Snow, and I've changed everything
except the design (the fabric, the count, the threads).

The border from TicTacToe (from Needlepoint Now) is going, oh so
slowly. A three row upright gobelin is really easy, but very boring.

I've got the Oriental Butterfly from Dimensions kitted up and ready to
go when I finish Morning Glories; and a CrossEyedCricket saying "why
is it my creative joys diminish It's more fun to start a piece than
ever it is to finish" to follow Snow.

I'm also knitting a scarf for my teenager, and one for me.

jenn