Being OT on RCTN

Old September 18th 05, 06:40 PM
KCat

Default Being OT on RCTN

18 out of 35 - at least.

i had unsubbed from this group as I tired of trying to wade through the OT
stuff and the persistent political battles. I know, i know, they're labeled
OT so that makes it cool.

thought I'd resub for a few minutes.

between 9/16 and 9/18 of the 35 threads I see on my server, at least 18 are
OT (and I'm fairly certain some of those not labeled "OT" are as well. for
the mathematically impaired, that's 3 days of threads of which over 50% are
off-topic.

just an observation. and now I'm gonna unsub again as I don't have time for
this. i don't even have time for stitching right now. i do not presume to
tell ya'll had to handle your group as it is your group. it just solidified
that it can not be "my" group.

ya'll take care. I appreciated the help I got from a handful of folks. Most
of all, enjoy your stitching.

Old September 18th 05, 07:30 PM
Becky A

KCat wrote:
[...]

WAAAAAAAAAAH!!! Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Since KCat is leaving, I might as well take the opportunity to step back
in. I really missed hanging out here. OT posts are a part of life, and
especially part of this group.

I didn't mean to drop off the face of the earth. And I'd like to
apologize to everybody I was privately corresponding with that I never
replied to. The computer died way back when I originally disappeared.
Took a while to fix and I lost a lot of stuff. Then I spent a good
chunk of summer visiting my family back in West Virginia (YAY!) and
catching up on things. I've finally got my own puter to curse at and
got the newsreader working.

Also managed to get a copy of PatternMaker, and boy were y'all
right...it's a dream to work with.

Missed you all!
Becky A

PS: KCat, despite your seeming obsession with OT posts, it seems you
forgot to mark your own OT post as such. WHOOPS!
Old September 18th 05, 07:44 PM
Pat P

"Becky A" wrote in message
KCat wrote:
[...]

Funny how we all curse at our computers. I know it`s tempting Providence
but I haven`t had to curse my new one so far (Only had it a few weeks, but,
for the first time, I had it built locally instead of buying a ready-made
one. What as difference! Even my grandson is impressed).

Pat P

Old September 18th 05, 08:48 PM
Becky A

Pat P wrote:

Funny how we all curse at our computers. I know it`s tempting Providence
but I haven`t had to curse my new one so far (Only had it a few weeks, but,
for the first time, I had it built locally instead of buying a ready-made
one. What as difference! Even my grandson is impressed).

Pat P

Truly, a home-brew computer is the best option anymore. The
cookie-cutter boxes that Dell (among others) are trying to sell are
utter crap. It's awful how much they crank up the prices on substandard
parts.

Gold star for you, Pat!
Becky A
Old September 18th 05, 08:58 PM
Bertha

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:40:40 GMT, KCat muttered
something like:

just an observation. and now I'm gonna unsub again as I don't have time for
this. i don't even have time for stitching right now. i do not presume to
tell ya'll had to handle your group as it is your group. it just solidified
that it can not be "my" group.

IME, it is pointless to read usenet without a good filter. Use it to
filter based on what you don't want to waste time with, such as excessive
cross-posting, off-topic messages clearly labelled as such, authors named
Phil, or whatever your personal criteria happen to be. This group is
actually pretty good about labelling OT threads, so applying a filter
would help there if you wanted to make the effort rather than chastise the
group for not meeting your expectations of what it should be like. (I
can't imagine what other purpose you could possibly have for posting to a
group to announce you won't be reading it.)

-Bertha
--
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips
over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
Old September 18th 05, 09:32 PM

KCat wrote:
[...]

Oh well.....

Even reading thru google as I do, I can ignore OT posts (when properly
marked) if I choose. I know when I used to read thru AOL (when AOL
still provided the service) I could as well, and filter them had I
chosen to.

C'est la vie, or le guerre, whichever seems most appropriate I guess.

Caryn

Old September 18th 05, 09:50 PM
Lucille

"KCat" wrote in message
m...
[...]

So long. Have a good life. I guess you're so very busy now that you
haven't even got enough time to use capitals at the beginning of your
sentences.
Lucille

Old September 19th 05, 12:25 AM

And that IS the truth!! Thank goodness my hubby is a computer "geek"
or I'd still be rattling along with the 40 mg one I had to begin with!
Never knew I'd need more power, more room, more ram, more ....

www.ladybuglane.com
Old September 19th 05, 12:27 AM

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:50:29 -0400, "Lucille"
wrote:

***snippage***

Bless it's widdle heart ... guess she slept through basic grammar!

Old September 19th 05, 01:56 AM
MizKrysti

www.ladybuglane.com

I clicked on your link, mostly because I like Ladybugs...and wondered
if you had some projects including the little beetles...and see that
you have a place on Barrett Parkway! Much closer that going to
ABCdarius in E.Marietta. I'm in Kennesaw, off Stilesboro - where is
your store??