Jody's Hug Quilt Update -- Quilt finished and being shipped

Old March 28th 05, 03:48 AM
Michelle in NJ

Default Jody's Hug Quilt Update -- Quilt finished and being shipped

Hi All..

Well I finally finished the quilt today... I want to thank you all again for
making this possible. I put all those who contributed in the label, I hope
you don't mind.. and hope to GOD that I didn't forget anyone.. if I did
please please please forgive me!!! All that is left to do is sign the big
block in the middle, wrap it up and send it off..

http://michelle.absolutad.com/quilts/hug.htm

I'm slightly worried about the binding... it seems the tension was not that
great when I did it but I didn't notice until after it was all done.. even
though I checked every once in a while.. I used a decorative stitch and
every once in a while I can see that a stitch point is missing... and the
ones around it are more loose.. if it starts to come out then i'll do
something about it.. but I really don't want to rip it all apart.. and I
used heat bind tape on it also so it really shouldn't come out at all....
*cross fingers*

My brother is a little uncomfortable taking pictures of her at this time but
I asked him to please put a hat on her and take a picture of her getting it
later this week when he brings it to her. So we'll see...

As for Jody, ... she hasn't really gotten any better these past few weeks..
still can not move her left side... very confused... mixing up dreams and
reality... but we're still optimistic that the months to come will bring
healing and that she'll be back to her old self soon....

Again thank you so much for helping me give her this hug...
--
Michelle in NJ
http://michelle.absolutad.com/quilts/

Old March 28th 05, 04:39 AM
nana2b

Hi Michelle, The quilt is beautiful. I hope that Jody gets lots of comfort
and strength from it. Linda in Tx

Old March 28th 05, 04:42 AM
Polly Esther

Now, now, Michelle, I see *exhausted* in your post. Of course, you are.
The quilt is wonderful and will give Jody lots of love and hugs. And yes, if
the @#$! decorative stitch comes loose or out, you can fix it. We've been
doing hug quilts a long time and I have yet to hear any one excited because
their quilt was perfect. Nope. Not one.
They only see and feel the love.
You've done a beautiful job putting it all together. Now just run your
hands over it and feel the love. It's loaded. Thank you for letting all of
us see this precious meeting of hearts and warm wishes, Polly

Old March 28th 05, 05:05 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Michelle in NJ" wrote:

[...]

What a great job you've done, Michelle! So what if the binding comes
loose? It's fixable, after all. What counts is the love and care that
have gone into what you've made for her.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

Old March 31st 05, 01:51 AM
Tina

It's adorable Michelle! I think she's gonna love it.
Tina