what is a stretcher frame ?

Old February 27th 04, 09:58 PM
KJ

Thank you Jan!

--
Kathyl yup, that's an L

Old March 3rd 04, 05:14 PM
R.E. Wicker

I am no doubt dated myself with this question; however, the stretcher
frame in my book is a frame of laths with the sharp ends of the nails
UP and these frames were used to dry the lace or see through flimpsy
curtains that were at the living room of our homes. Actually, after
WWII, I borrowed my mother-in-laws old one (had to climb through junk
in their garage to get the pieces) that was not to carefully stored
away. But I stretched or placed the back of the quilt, then the
cotton filler and the top and quilted my first, second, third and
fourth quilts in that manner. They were replaced by something triple
the price and so much more convenient that NONE of us would want to go
back to the "good old day."

Rhoda

http://home.att.net/~rewicker

(I hope I don't have any ads there for my first book on that website.
I will have the second book out the end of March. THEN I can go back
to what I love doing.....QUILTing. Yes I am shouting about it.

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:20:26 -0500, "Tina Hoak"
wrote:

Just wondering what is a stretcher frame and where can you find them ?

--
Tina
Brockport NY

Old March 4th 04, 07:04 AM
shelly

My first quilting frame is like this. I have very small finishing nails on
the top side of the wood. You place the layers of the quilt onto these nails
to hold the quilt in place. It's really not the best way to quilt. If you
accidentally lean on the frame a little too hard while quilting, you can rip
your quilts! Don't ask me how I know this, trust me! I flipped my frame over
and started using hand clamps. A very good investment on my part.
Shelly

Old November 6th 13, 06:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default what is a stretcher frame ?

On Friday, February 27, 2004 9:19:27 PM UTC+8, Tina Hoak wrote:
Just wondering what is a stretcher frame and where can you find them ?

--
Tina
Brockport NY

If you aren’t familiar with stretching canvas or simply do not want to stretch your own canvas prints, you can always take your prints to a local frame shop to get stretched.