July goal report, set August goals

Old August 1st 03, 04:11 PM
Siptah

Default July goal report, set August goals

goals for July we
1) finish Spring Button-Up
2) work on MLI Angel of Spring (do sleeve, head and at least half of
wing)
3) finish crochet rug
4) finish braided rag rug
5) put at least 5 hours in on daughters' I Spy quilts
6) work on quilted wall hanging for hubby
report:
OK, I was a little too ambitious considering I am still recovering from
my pulmonary emboli in June.....I did get the Spring Button-up about 2/3
done, and did about 3/4 of the wings on the MLI Angel of Spring. I did work
on the crochet rug, but only got three rounds done. The braided rug was
braided and laced, but the last finishing bit didn't get done.....it didn't
turn out as well as I had hoped, so I'm thinking of undoing it and then
using the strips for a quilt top instead. I didn't do any work on the I Spy
quilts, but I did get started on the wall hanging, only to have the top
thread "nest" and knot all over the top (my first, and probably only,
attempt with clear nylon monofilament quilting thread) and the top panel got
ruined when I tried to remove the stitching...fortunately I was able to get
another panel of the top fabric and will be trying again with a different
thread on top.

so....August goals....
1) Finish Lizzie Kate's Spring Button-Up
2) face and sleeve on MLI Angel of Spring
3) 5 hours (or more) on I Spy quilts for daughters
4) wall hanging for hubby (deadline for Sept birthday?)
(boy, don't those look familiar? *grin*...oh, and I think I'll be starting
back at work half days around mid-month)

--
Siptah
Columbus, OH

Old August 1st 03, 04:27 PM
Brenda Lewis

Goals for July:
Wash and mail baby gift -- Done
Get an offer on our house -- Nothing yet :-(

Goals for August:
Ten hours of stitching on any UFO
Survive another month of showings and another open house
Go to county fair to see if they have any needlework judging (couldn't
find any in online info)

--
Brenda Lewis
WIP: J. Himsworth "I Shall Not Want" xs

Old August 2nd 03, 01:06 AM
Mmeindia

Goal for July:

Finish "Oriental Patch" needlepoint (after 10 months): DONE!!!!!!!!
Pull thread for patchwork quilt canvas: done

Goals for August:

Finish "Enough Is As A Feast" cross stitch
Finish bird petit point needlepoint (this probably won't happen except if I get
it done on a long car trip)
Work on patchwork quilt canvas

India

Old August 2nd 03, 06:23 AM
Lynn Hansen

July Goals:
I was feeling really unfocused, so I decided to try to work a rotation
in hopes that setting this as a goal here would incline me to stick to
it.

Rotation One
FOCUS: 3 hours between each other project in the rotation: Ukranian
Openwork (EGA GCC) DONE
PROJECT #1: 5 hours: Triple Heart freebie (Ghosties and Goulies when
Triple Heart is done) DONE
FOCUS: 3 hours DONE
PROJECT #2: 5 hours: Silver Splendor (Tree Frog when Silver Splendor is
done) *here I switched courses entirely and started Green Man by
Witches Stitches for 5 hours. DONE
FOCUS: 3 hours DONE
PROJCT #3: 5 hours: Not Forgotten DONE

Rotation Two
FOCUS: 3 hours between each other project in the rotation: Ukranian
Openwork (EGA GCC) 45 minutes stitching, 30 minutes ripping, time to
move on. Grrr.
PROJECT #1: 5 hours: Ghosties and Goulies 3.5

I made it that far before getting further distracted by Green Man,
starting and finishing Jeweled Celtic Cross by Dracolair Designs (the
chart was a birthday gift), starting Printer Error by Kats by Kelly and,
finally, starting Love Will Keep Us Together by San Man Originals for a
wedding present.

Yes, in other words, I moved into screaming mode. =)

So... August:
Finish Love Will Keep Us Together by San Man Originals for the wedding
present.
Finish Printer Error by Kats by Kelly
Finish two bands on EGA GCC Ukranian Openwork
Purchase supplies for EGA GCC Drawn Thread Sampler 2.
Five hours on The Scarlet Unspoken by Dimples Designs.

I seem to do better with more concrete goals and it amazes me how much
motivation I get by posting my goals here.

Lynn
Old August 4th 03, 05:09 AM
Di

Hi I'm normally a lurker here but thought I would join in on this
thread as I have a few projects I really would like to get finished
.

So August Goals
- 5 hours on Birth Sampler for Friend's Daughter
- 5 hours on Flower card for MIL

I'll start there and see how I go .

Di

Old August 5th 03, 08:35 PM
DeannaAv

My goals for July we

1. Art Nouveau Peacock -- 20 hours -- I'd guess about 10.
2. Two Christmas ornaments -- four done!
3. If time, finish TW Fruit Bellpull border -- didn't touch it.

I've decided August is the month to work a little on several of my WIPs, so my
goals are 5 hours each on:

1. Stoney Creek Cape Ann Light
2. Barbara Thompson's Art Nouveau Peacock
3. Cross My Heart's Oliver
4. Teresa Wentzler's Fruit Bellpull
5. Teresa Wentzler's Peacock Tapestry

and then finish:

6. Two Christmas ornaments

Deanna A.
in southeastern New York

http://community.webshots.com/user/deannaav

WIPS: TW Peaceable Kingdom & Fruit Bellpull (focus pieces - March), TW Peacock
Tapestry, Stoney Creek's Cape Ann Light, Christmas Ornaments