Quilt Show Pipe & Drape

Old July 12th 11, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

Default Quilt Show Pipe & Drape

On Sat, 9 Jul 2011 10:25:15 -0500, Kate in MI wrote
(in article ):

Do any of you belong to a guild that has crafted their own pipe & drape for
their quilt show? We are hosting our 2nd next month and the outlay of
another $1500 just irks us. I know they do the set up / take down,
storage... etc... but we actually have plenty of people who help with that
(well, we'd have to figure out the storage).

As the person responsible for the 2nd time for hanging the show -- the
overall appearance of the pipe and drape is critically important to me. I
have yet to see a wooden/pipe combination that doesn't look home-made.

Do any of you use PVC pipe? It is sturdy enough to support 2 quilts? (We
would drape the PVC and then use S hooks to hang bars across both sides of
the "wall" to display quilts on both of the single drape. I hope that makes
sense.

Do you use something different. I, personally, don't favor the "industrial
look" of metal pipe fittings -- but maybe if we painted them all black that
would work.

Anyhow -- any ideas? If you do have an idea -- do you have a picture you
could link to so I can see it in action?

Thanks

Kate in MI

I think my guild uses 2 x 2s for our frames and plain white (cheap as we can
get them) sheets for our drapes.

Maureen

Minnesota State Quilt Show & Conference R. E. Wicker Quilting 4 June 17th 07 11:41 PM
Sterling pipe tamper Robertfl Jewelry 0 June 8th 06 08:34 AM
Pipe tamper Robertfl Jewelry 9 June 6th 06 02:46 AM
Acquire Your Pipe: Glass Pipe Shelter - find your glass pipe companion today! thepersonality79 Marketplace 0 March 1st 05 07:29 PM
Acquire Your Pipe: Glass Pipe Shelter - find your glass pipe or bong companion today! thepersonality79 Glass 0 March 1st 05 07:22 PM