Summer Wedding

Old July 12th 11, 12:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo Gibson[_3_]

Default Summer Wedding

I think it was Polly's sharp eyes which spotted my casual mention of a
wedding. First, we planned to get married in 2009 but a baby came along
faster than we anticipated and I refused to get married looking like a
white satin beach ball. So it was postponed until 2010, which was handy
because we hadn't mentioned it to anyone, so no one was annoyed or out
of pocket.

However, following the rather traumatic birth of our son, and the many
health problems that followed for me, we decided to postpone the event
until July 2012. Perhaps this is my largest UFO. A wedding entails so
much planning and spending.... I wanted to run away to Gretna Green and
Mark laughed, but I think he may be coming round to the idea....

We have the venue and the reception booked, but there are so many other
things to be done, and to think it's only a year away! I'm not having
Baby T's kilt made until the very last second, because of the way he
grows.

In theory there is enough room for anyone to come who wishes. I think
the medieval church where we will be married can hold up to 190 people.
Accommodation is a bit tricky in the summer what with all the golfers
and tourists, but the students will be out of town and the Olympics will
be far away in some country called England. So come one, come all, dust
off your fancy frocks and dancing shoes, there will indeed be a party
with a ceilidh in town. Baby T is already learning to dance to pipe
music.... we're nearly there....

-- Jo in Scotland
Old July 12th 11, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

On Jul 11, 4:09*pm, Jo Gibson wrote:
[...]

Jo -- where abouts in Scotland do you live? I would give anything
to be able to make another trip across the pond. DH would be right
behind me, too :-). Of course, with the house situation the way it
is, who knows if I will be able to go anywhere but back and forth
between Lizard Land & HOTlanta -- LOLOL! Good luck with the planning
-- it is a LOT of work. Tell us what you will wear, if you will have
flowers, what your attendants will wear, etc. You best keep us in "the
pipe line" or you will have a lot of upset quilters hounding you for
information.
And speaking of weddings, had anyone watched My Big Fat Gypsy
Wedding? It's about Gypsy & Traveller weddings in the UK and the
outfits these people wear are truly mind blowing! I've always said I
have a wee bit of the Gypsy in me -- especially since Granny always
said there were a number of tinkers, horse thiefs and gypsies in the
family tree. If I have a wee bit then the brides and other women in
the show have about a triple helping. If any of you get a chance to
watch just one of the shows, do so -- it will certainly give you
something to think about!!!!! CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^
Old July 12th 11, 08:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne[_2_]

On 12 Jul., 01:09, Jo Gibson wrote:
[...]

Be careful with casual invitations - I still have several friends in
town that I could ask for shelter! And I'm in northen England every
Summer anyway, so you are practically around the corner :-)

I wish you all the best with the planning, it will all be great. Some
of my fondest memories of kilts are my little cubs scouts at the
annual fundraising family ceilidh all decked out, so good choice for
your little one!

Hanne in DK (but not always so)
Old July 12th 11, 07:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Sounds super! Baby T in a kilt -now that's a photo we really need to
see!
Roberta in D

Old July 12th 11, 10:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Oh, and his wee sporran!
..
In message , Roberta
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old July 13th 11, 01:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

Should that comment be X-rated?

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Pat S" wrote in message
Oh, and his wee sporran!
.
In message , Roberta
writes

Old July 13th 11, 07:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

No, it's OK for family viewing!
..
In message , Alice in PA
writes

Old July 13th 11, 09:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen Tucker

It all sounds very wonderful, Jo. So happy for you and Mark! Now don't
over stress, each day has it's tasks, and voila - you are there!

Karen, Queen of Squishies