Wal-Mart

Old July 7th 11, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default Wal-Mud

Maybe some day every factory worker on the entire planet will be paid
a decent wage, so no reason to send production elsewhere! Then we'll
get to decide based entirely on quality. Of course, it won't prevent
the sale of cheap stuff, but maybe the price difference won't be so
great. (Well, we can dream!)
Roberta in D

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 05:55:53 -0700 (PDT), Sunny
wrote:

Our Wal-Mart has put in an entire aisle of pre-cut fabric. Most of it
is cheap and feels rough to the touch. It's definitely cheap Chinese
stuff. Just like most of the rest of what WM sells. In order to get
American-made goods, we will have to pay more. Many of us save every
penny we can because they are becoming harder to get and must stretch
farther. It's a nasty circle in which we find ourselves.

Maybe our grandchildren will find a way off the ugly carrousel.

Sunny

Old July 7th 11, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

After they removed the original fabric department, they put that pre-cut
stuff in our local store too! It was awful...rough and see-through!!
Almost as soon as they'd display it in the crafts section, it would be moved
to the Clearance section! I checked today, and there's a little fabric
out....looks like the same stuff they had 3 or 4 years ago.....some cottons,
some decorator, some fashion. But, at least they have interfacing, muslin,
and other Pellon products.

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

Old July 8th 11, 08:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

That will happen at the same time that teachers and professional athletes
are paid the same.

--
Kay Ahr in Reno/Sparks Nevada USA

Old July 13th 11, 03:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I'm with you, Kay. Well said. This evening I was matching HS triangles and
only listening to the evening tv news. There was quite a big deal and
congressional hearing ( I think) about whether some athlete was taking some
sort of growth(?) drug. Honestly. I don't give a happy hoot if he was
taking drugs, rat poison or Maalox. Whatever happened to priorities? Polly

Old July 13th 11, 04:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default OT Wal-Mud

I am with both of you but I am waiting to see kids math and other academic
successes
in the local paper instead of (or at least in addition to) the football and
basketball
scores.
Taria

Old July 13th 11, 02:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IEZ[_2_]

"Taria" wrote in message
I am with both of you but I am waiting to see kids math and other academic
successes
in the local paper instead of (or at least in addition to) the football
and basketball
scores.
Taria

When my nephew, who never got less than an "A" in twelve years of school,
went to college, I was amazed to find out that he didn't get a dime of aid
based on his grades. Compare that with athletes who get a full ride and
barely go to class. Sad.

Iris

Old July 13th 11, 04:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

In article ,
"IEZ" wrote:

"Taria" wrote in message
I am with both of you but I am waiting to see kids math and other academic
successes
in the local paper instead of (or at least in addition to) the football
and basketball
scores.
Taria

When my nephew, who never got less than an "A" in twelve years of school,
went to college, I was amazed to find out that he didn't get a dime of aid
based on his grades. Compare that with athletes who get a full ride and
barely go to class. Sad.

Iris

When I was in college I had to take some stupid sports class (it was
supposed to be on coaching, which I was interested in, but it wasn't)
Basically the instructor and student whined about how mis-understood
athletes are. When they got around to scholarships I asked why they
felt they had to work for scholarship and students who received academic
scholarships did not. I was told that intelligence comes naturally and
athletiscism does not. I asked what about people who are naturally
athletic. I was told that was a myth. Seriously, these people were
insane and sadly theirs is a pretty prevalent attitude.

I was pretty universally hated in that class for some of my questions :-)

marcella

Wal-Mart Changes Cow Whisperer Needlework 6 February 11th 07 07:18 AM
Wal-Mart fabric Boca Jan Quilting 40 January 29th 07 02:08 AM
Wal-Mart Yarn Forward Yarn 15 February 27th 06 12:51 PM
Elvis at Wal-Mart! Pat in Virginia Quilting 3 February 10th 06 09:36 AM
15 Things to do at Wal-Mart hfw Quilting 24 February 5th 05 04:58 PM