just a quick off topic note

Old July 16th 12, 12:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default just a quick off topic note

I'll post more later but I got a real treat while dropping DD of at camp
yesterday AM.

We went in to the 1932 rink at the Lake Placid rinks complex after
finding her locker room for the week. Early we had seen an older couple
leave the figure skaters locker room and I had thought something was
very familiar about them.

This couple was doing pairs work - slowly, gracefully and with a
precision that none of the youngsters had (mind you they were lovely to
watch too)

it was the Protopopovs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G42i0gufEs

Old July 16th 12, 01:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 7/16/12 8:00 AM, Nancy Spera wrote:
On 7/16/2012 7:22 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

I'll post more later but I got a real treat while dropping DD of at camp
yesterday AM.

We went in to the 1932 rink at the Lake Placid rinks complex after
finding her locker room for the week. Early we had seen an older couple
leave the figure skaters locker room and I had thought something was
very familiar about them.

This couple was doing pairs work - slowly, gracefully and with a
precision that none of the youngsters had (mind you they were lovely to
watch too)

it was the Protopopovs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G42i0gufEs

What a treat.

Nancy

It was amazing - they are well into their 80s but still skating and
still so clearly in love.

Old July 16th 12, 03:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dianne Lewandowski

On 7/16/2012 6:22 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

I'll post more later but I got a real treat while dropping DD of at camp
yesterday AM.

We went in to the 1932 rink at the Lake Placid rinks complex after
finding her locker room for the week. Early we had seen an older couple
leave the figure skaters locker room and I had thought something was
very familiar about them.

This couple was doing pairs work - slowly, gracefully and with a
precision that none of the youngsters had (mind you they were lovely to
watch too)

it was the Protopopovs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G42i0gufEs

I watched a couple other videos. Truly beautiful dancers. thanks for
sharing! How lucky you were to be able to see them. And how lucky I
was to be able to watch, as well.

Dianne

Old July 16th 12, 07:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nyssa

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 7/16/12 8:00 AM, Nancy Spera wrote:
On 7/16/2012 7:22 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

I'll post more later but I got a real treat while dropping DD
of at camp yesterday AM.

We went in to the 1932 rink at the Lake Placid rinks complex
after finding her locker room for the week. Early we had seen
an older couple leave the figure skaters locker room and I
had thought something was very familiar about them.

This couple was doing pairs work - slowly, gracefully and
with a precision that none of the youngsters had (mind you
they were lovely to watch too)

it was the Protopopovs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G42i0gufEs

What a treat.

Nancy

It was amazing - they are well into their 80s but still skating
and still so clearly in love.

Oh, Cheryl, I envy you! To have been able to see these two even in
a practice session! sigh

They are literally the only skaters whose performance was able to bring
me to tears, it was so wonderful to watch. True ground-breakers in the
sport/art as well.

Nice to know that they are still with us and still in good enough shape
to keep skating. Sort of the Gordie Howe of pairs skating. lol

Nyssa, who never could skate worth anything, but it makes me appreciate those
who can do it well all the more

Old July 17th 12, 10:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sara

On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 07:22:15 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

it was the Protopopovs

Oh wow.

Sara
Old July 17th 12, 06:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ndjoan

On 7/16/2012 6:22 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

This couple was doing pairs work - slowly, gracefully and with a
precision that none of the youngsters had (mind you they were lovely to
watch too)

it was the Protopopovs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G42i0gufEs

Wow, how lucky you are!

--
Joan

See my needlework he
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan

Unknown

just a quick note nzlstar* Quilting 4 May 14th 06 02:29 AM
Just a quick note Anna MCM Yarn 16 March 19th 05 06:12 AM
OT and ON-t... quick note Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 2 May 9th 04 08:55 PM
quick note Packrat Quilting 17 January 5th 04 02:19 PM
A quick note from Kelley (N's DD#2) Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 6 December 3rd 03 08:54 AM