Quilt Show and Auction

Old July 9th 11, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

Default Quilt Show and Auction

My DH and I went to the Kutztown (PA) Folk Festival today. I checked out
all the quilts in their "Quilt Barn" and stopped by the auction later on.
They just happened to be auctioning one of the First Place winners. It went
for $11,000!!! Quite a roar and round of applause went up from the crowd!
It was a gorgeous hand-appliqued and hand quilted full -size quilt. The
auctioneer mentioned that the quiltmaker also had two other winning quilts
in other categories. I wish I could've gotten her name. We also enjoyed an
ox-roast sandwich (really beef), fresh squeezed lemonade, and hand dipped
ice cream cones! They have entertainment, singing and dancing, etc. which
reflect the Pennsylvania Dutch lifestyle. Lots of PA dutch crafts, antique
farm equipment, and lots of vendors. Great day!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

Old July 9th 11, 10:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo Gibson[_3_]

On 09/07/2011 22:42, Alice in PA wrote:
My DH and I went to the Kutztown (PA) Folk Festival today. I checked
out all the quilts in their "Quilt Barn" and stopped by the auction
later on. They just happened to be auctioning one of the First Place
winners. It went for $11,000!!! Quite a roar and round of applause went
up from the crowd! It was a gorgeous hand-appliqued and hand quilted
full -size quilt. The auctioneer mentioned that the quiltmaker also had
two other winning quilts in other categories. I wish I could've gotten
her name. We also enjoyed an ox-roast sandwich (really beef), fresh
squeezed lemonade, and hand dipped ice cream cones! They have
entertainment, singing and dancing, etc. which reflect the Pennsylvania
Dutch lifestyle. Lots of PA dutch crafts, antique farm equipment, and
lots of vendors. Great day!

Sounds like a perfect day! Any pictures?

-- Jo in Scotland (British Open was changed from 72 to 54 holes today
for the first time ever - they received 2.5 inches of rain in just one
morning.... I guess the golf course is a lake now)
Old July 13th 11, 04:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

I hadn't noticed that earlier, but I think maybe one end is supposed to go
over the pillows. Since one end (shown at the top in the picture) is the
same as the sides, I'm thinking maybe the bottom edge is to go over the
pillows??

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Roberta" Roberta@Home wrote in message
What a beauty! But I wonder why the top and bottom borders aren't the
same.
Roberta in D

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 17:26:01 -0500, Sandy E wrote:

Howdy!

Oh, that is gorgeous:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21684795@N05/5919423652/

http://tinyurl.com/6ef49m3