A Sewing related Funny

Old January 30th 04, 02:12 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

Default A Sewing related Funny

Hi Guys,
I copied this from one of the AOL Needlework boards and thought you would
all enjoy it! I nearly choked when I read it -- LOLOL! Donna Reed LIVES
:-))))

Advice from a Singer Sewing Manual from 1949.

"Prepare yourself mentally for sewing. Think about what you are going to
do...never approach sewing with a sigh or lackadaisically. Good results
are difficult when indifference predominates. Never try to sew with a
sink full of dirty dishes or beds unmade. When there are urgent
housekeeping chores, do these first so your mind is free to enjoy your
sewing....When you sew, make yourself as attractive as possible. Put on
a clean dress. Keep a little bag full of French chalk near your sewing
machine to dust your fingers at intervals. Have your hair in order,
powder and lipstick put on....[If] you are constantly fearful that a
visitor will drop in or your husband will come home and you will not
look neatly put together, you will not enjoy your sewing as you should."
CiaoMeow ^;;^
..

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old January 30th 04, 02:44 PM
Trish Brown

Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply wrote:

[...]

.

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties

LOL! In all honesty, Tia Mary, I feel have to *earn* the right to sew, since I
get so much pleasure out of it! Therefore, I simply *can't* sew if beds are
unmade or the house is untidy! I have to clear my mind by getting all my work
done first, just as your quotation advises.

See? That's why my kids go virtually naked! Guess who hasn't gotten her work
done yet? ;- ;- ;-

Mind you, I *do* find it very easy to sit and sew with hair askew and a ragged
old T-shirt on... visitors and DH can go and take a running jump at themselves!
If I'm sewing, I'm *creating*! Since I'm a vision of loveliness anyway(!), I
reckon DH can stand seeing me with my pigtails skewered to the top of my head
with a pencil. After all, he doesn't dress up for me (his T-shirts are even
raggeder than mine!)

ROTFLMAO!!!!!
--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old January 30th 04, 03:17 PM
Sami

This is too funny, here in 2004! Yet, a certain common sense does lie
beneath it. For the past 7 months I have been playing housewife for
the first time in my life, and the truth is that an order to running a
household is necessary. I have "work days" and "play days" - and the
work days are the days the laundry is to be done, a room cleaned out,
or whatever. When it comes to sewing, I set aside a day as a "play
day" simply so I will not be pulled to a chore. Then it is a treat to
be able to do things, even if it is mending, or cutting out a pattern
or whatever. With a tray of 5 machines to choose from, life gets
sweeter too! Ummm - what one will I do today.

But, the line is drawn at make-up and a dress. And chances of my
husband showing up unexpectedly is not likely as his one-way commute
is 35 miles, and he always calls to let me know he is on the way or if
traffic is bad - he commutes out of LA. That way I can make sure
dinner is ready. Donna Reed? Sorta - but I do like playing house,
though I am bored to a degree. But I do figure I have a job here, and
should do it well. As he has never had a "housewife" before, he does
enjoy the benefits!

On 30 Jan 2004 14:12:18 GMT, ekoluvr (Tia

Old January 30th 04, 05:54 PM
CW

This one made the rounds through here some time ago.
"Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply " wrote in
message ...

Old January 30th 04, 06:48 PM

A Sewing related Funny

Yes, it did, but who are we to turn up our noses at a re-hash of a
'Stepford Wives' type joke??
Personally, I can--and will--ignore unmade beds and dust bunnies to
go on extended sewing binges.give 'em names, I say! cute names for the
second and thrid generation bunnies. After all, they're family members.
Cea
---
(CW)
This one made the rounds through here some time ago. "Tia Mary-remove
nekoluvr to reply " Hi Guys,
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0I copied this from one of the AOL Needlework boards
and thought you would all enjoy it! =A0 I nearly choked when I read it
-- LOLOL! Donna Reed LIVES
:-))))
Advice from a Singer Sewing Manual from 1949.
"Prepare yourself mentally for sewing. Think about what you are going to
do...never approach sewing with a sigh or lackadaisically. Good results
are difficult when indifference predominates. Never try to sew with a
sink full of dirty dishes or beds unmade. When there are urgent
housekeeping chores, do these first so your mind is free to enjoy your
sewing....When you sew, make yourself as attractive as possible. Put on
a clean dress. Keep a little bag full of French chalk near your sewing
machine to dust your fingers at intervals. Have your hair in order,
powder and lipstick put on....[If] you are constantly fearful that a
visitor will drop in or your husband will come home and you will not
look neatly put together, you will not enjoy your sewing as you should."
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A 0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0CiaoMeow
^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary =A0 ^;;^ =A0 =A0 Queen of Kitties

Old January 31st 04, 01:36 AM
Angela Moak

[...]

Guess the fact that I generally sew in my underwear or less would be
completely out of line.

DH generally comes and asks if we are going to eat "today".

And exactly what is an urgent housekeeping chore? Is that when mom
calls and says she'll be coming over in about four hours. That must be
what they mean by that.

I'm not sure my hair is ever in order and I can't tell you the last time
I wore powder and lipstick.

OMG! I'm a failure. Here I thought I was Holly Homemaker because I'm
one of the few career women in my office that cooks AND sews. Now to
find I'm not the domestic goddess I thought I was, oh, woe is me.

--
Regards,

Angela

Remove "not" from address to reply.

Old January 31st 04, 09:18 AM
lady sylvre

we never fear them until they advance to "dust rhinos". then, we do not
name them, rather, we run!
admom

Old January 31st 04, 02:41 PM
joy beeson

Gah! Trying on a silk dress with *paint* on your face?

But the message is "take your sewing seriously" -- and none
of us should laugh at that.

Joy Beeson
--
http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/ -- needlework