Flannel

Old January 23rd 04, 06:30 PM
Trishty

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:58:51 -0000, Sally Holmes wrote:

Trishty wrote:
BTW: I have the same psychosis about Yorkshire, where I grew up. I'm
sure there are nice people there but the way I remember it, I never
met any.

Yes, Trish, there _are_ lots of nice people here.

Ah, bu' thas in Wearkfeeld, lass, no' Sunny Donny. (Practically the
Midlands, actually...)

Trish
Old January 23rd 04, 06:48 PM
Sally Holmes

Trishty wrote:
BTW: I have the same psychosis about Yorkshire, where I grew up. I'm
sure there are nice people there but the way I remember it, I never
met any.

Yes, Trish, there _are_ lots of nice people here.

Ah, bu' thas in Wearkfeeld, lass, no' Sunny Donny. (Practically the
Midlands, actually...)

Oh, you meant _South_ Yorkshire! Towards Barnsley, even.

Well, yes, that is a different place. The only place I know of outside the
Dales where they still use thee and thou (except they say "tha" for both:
"are you" becomes "art tha").

Sally

Old January 23rd 04, 10:05 PM
Debra

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:18:13 -0800, "CW"
wrote:

Many of us have been pushing for a lawyer season for some time.

Bwah ha ha ha! All I can think of now is a twisted looney toon:
Daffy Duck: It's lawyer season!
Elmer Fudd as the lawyer: No, it's duck season!
Daffy Duck: Lawyer season!
Elmer Fudd as the lawyer: Duck season!
Daffy Duck: Duck season!
Elmer Fudd as the lawyer: Lawyer Season! There's one now! Shoot!
A huge number of hunters with guns: Boom!
Picture of Elmer, clothes blackened and in tatters, and large holes in
briefcase.
Debra in VA

Old January 25th 04, 04:02 PM
mamahays

"Valkyrie" wrote in message
Anyway, the disclaimer "not intended for children's sleepwear" just means

it
hasn't been impregnated with fireproofing chemicals. (there's also as many
screaming fearful warnings on the net about the chemicals used to

fireproof
as the dangers of flammable cloth) I have made a lot of jammies, blankets
and stuffed animals out of the 'not intended' stuff and not a single child
recipient has, as yet, gone up in flames or been victim of spontaneous
combustion. I would, however use extreme caution if you are using this
material for a 2 year old who is known to have that one last cigarette

while
propped in his crib before calling it a day. The other thing to take into
account is that after a number of washings this treated fabric is no

longer
fire-proof anyway.

Val

LOL!! Oh Val! Thanks for reminding me of one of my favorite Bugs Bunny
cartoons. Remember the one with the pint sized bank robber? He dressed
himself as a baby to hide out from the police. Bugs hears a noise and peeks
through the bathroom door keyhole. He sees the "baby" shaving off his 5:00
shadow with an electric razor holding a lit stogie in the corner of his
mouth. That was the image that popped into my head when I read your post!!!
lol

To stay sorta on topic, all the receiving blankets I ever purchased for my
children were made from 100% cotton flannel. So if it's all right for mass
marketers like Toys R Us to sell 100% cotton flannel receiving blankets, I'm
sure it's more than for you, Angela, to make a few for your employees.

Also, there was a story on the news a while back about children's pajamas.
The gist of the story was that if they are loose fitting they have to be
flame retardant fabric. So the traditional shape for pajamas, button shirt,
baggy pants have to be flame retardant to be sold retail. If the pajamas
are very close fitting, they don't have to be flame retardant. So think
more along the lines of how insulated underwear fits on the body. Ribbing
cuffs on the tops and bottoms to make sure they fit close and don't flop
around. Etc.

There's my 2 1/2 cents. (got long winded for just 2 cents. lol)

Sharon
--
---
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of time and just annoys the

Old January 29th 04, 09:58 PM
Cynthia Spilsted

Why do you think user manuals come with such 'stupid' warnings?! Just look
in the front of your machine manuals to see what I mean....
I'm just waiting for another 10 years to see the litigation happening with
regards to the flame-resistant clothing. Seems that a lot of it contains
very irritating chemicals. My own daughters could not wear any of it
without breaking out in excema (and yes, I pre-washed it all!). Let's
follow that thought: many cancers are caused by chronic irritation......
Good old flannelette and cottons work best for me. Keep away from direct
heat sources when wearing anything loose, baggy, flappy or whatever - that's
just common sense! Parental supervision also goes a long way to preventing
tragedies.....
My own two cents (1.7 cents, American).
Cynthia
"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
Trishty wrote:

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:43:19 GMT, Kyla wrote:

ROFL! Your whole post made me crack up! "Litigation happy" hit the

nail
right on the head! ;o)

According to a recent book by Gore Vidal, America has 4 per cent of the
world's population and two-thirds of the world's lawyers...

Trish

No wonder the rest of us can never find one when we need one!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk