A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Textiles newsgroups » Quilting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Getting Side Tracked

Old July 9th 14, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Getting Side Tracked

I fully intended to work on my flower garden quilt but got side tracked instead doing a small wall hanging from "The Quilter(Special edition) 2013. Out side my door there is room to display pictures or wall hangings, so decided to make a wall hanging for August from the book mentioned above. The book says Sunflower banner which is 20 inches wide by 34 1/2 inches long. It is just one huge Sunflower with stem/four leaves. They have heart shaped leaves but I want real looking leaves, so will make my own. The flower is pieced and the stems/leaves appliqued and I plan on making it just a little bit wider too. For some unknown reason I always change each quilt project so it is not exactly like the pattern. Is this just a "me" thing or do you other quilters do this too?

Sandy$ in Idaho