Our Italian Mentor

Old May 7th 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dianne Lewandowski

Default Our Italian Mentor

Stefania Bressan - a longtime RCTN member - has been researching and
tutoring with some of the finest Italian embroiderers. She has been
teaching and has risen in stature as a result of years of hard work.

I want to share with you a lovely kit that she has developed. The kit
is a wonderful lesson in counted thread filling stitches and comes with
enough Graziano linen, and Ritorto Fiorentino (an exemplary pearl
cotton) for the front and back of the cushion. She has also traced the
design onto the linen, so it's ready to go right away.
Her instructions are in English and Italian and have fabulously clear
diagrams.

I'm ecstatic and extremely proud of Stefania. She has been a longtime
friend and mentor. It was through her that I ventured into Casalguidi.

To see this lovely kit and drool:
http://www.angolostefania.it/shop-kit.php

I, for one, am very tempted, and the price is reasonable. About $60
including shipping.

Thanks, Jeanine, for keeping us all up to date on the latest in embroidery.

Dianne

--
Embroidery Discussions at http://www.heritageshoppe.com/smf
Old May 8th 08, 02:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Absolutely gorgeous - but it would not survive my kids and dog for
long, I am afraid. . .

Linda
Old May 8th 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jeanine3

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:
Stefania Bressan - a longtime RCTN member - has been researching and
tutoring with some of the finest Italian embroiderers. She has been
teaching and has risen in stature as a result of years of hard work.

I want to share with you a lovely kit that she has developed. The kit
is a wonderful lesson in counted thread filling stitches and comes with
enough Graziano linen, and Ritorto Fiorentino (an exemplary pearl
cotton) for the front and back of the cushion. She has also traced the
design onto the linen, so it's ready to go right away.
Her instructions are in English and Italian and have fabulously clear
diagrams.

I'm ecstatic and extremely proud of Stefania. She has been a longtime
friend and mentor. It was through her that I ventured into Casalguidi.

I am very proud of her as well! If you ever need inspiration, just look
at her embroidery gallery on her website... those needlepainted poppies
are my favourite and I look at them often.
click on " Ricamo e hobby creativi", then "Galleria foto".

She has inspired me to try many techniques and even taught me a few.
She has also tirelessly helped me with research.
I'd love to take one of her classes... maybe one day!

I have the pillow kit (it is lovely!) and am looking forward to her
future projects.
:-)
Way to go!

Jeanine in Canada
Old May 9th 08, 12:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dianne Lewandowski

Jeanine3 wrote:
She has inspired me to try many techniques and even taught me a few.
She has also tirelessly helped me with research.

Yes. Her utter devotion to helping others is something for which I'm
eternally grateful. She gently corrects, and if there's another way to
do something, she'll introduce you to it. Her work is gorgeous.

I hope she's peeking in once in awhile.

Dianne

--
Embroidery Discussions at http://www.heritageshoppe.com/smf
Old May 9th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Stefania Bressan

Il Wed, 07 May 2008 17:56:23 -0500, Dianne Lewandowski ha scritto:
[...]

I'm ecstatic and extremely proud of Stefania.

Dianne,
I'm really confused and touched from your words. I don't think I'm
worthy of all your kind words and enthusiastic appreciation.
I value very much your friendship, although we haven't been in touch
very much in the last years. I'm working hard in teaching and, in the
same time, in studying and practicing new and old embroidery
techniques.
You really made my day with your post, I don't know how to thank you.

And Jeanine is a wonderful girl, too. She is too modest to say how
much she helps me and other italian people with translations and how
she passes on her passion for italian embroidery.

I usually lurk on rctn, but it is difficult for me to follow all the
threads. Sometimes the subjects are not clear, and I can hardly
understand if someone is joking or is sarcastic... the hints of the
written English still escape me. I would gladly take part to hand
embroidery topics, or italian embroidery topics. So, in the case,
please give a clear subject to the post, it will be of great help for
me.

Many thanks to you, Dianne, and to Jeanine.

I'm quite sure I will meet again Jeanine next year, in Italy, at the
4th International Forum of Lace and Embroidery.
It would be wonderful to meet you too (you would *love* it), but I
know it is an expensive journey... But dreaming is inexpensive, isn't
it? :-)
--
Stefania Bressan (Italy)
http://www.angolostefania.it
Old May 9th 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dianne Lewandowski

Stefania Bressan wrote:
You really made my day with your post, I don't know how to thank you.

You just did!
Dianne

--
Embroidery Discussions at http://www.heritageshoppe.com/smf

Newbie Eddie's Guide & Mentor! Eddie Quilting 14 March 29th 06 07:17 PM
DMC Mentor Program Seaspray Needlework 2 November 21st 05 05:39 PM
What is an "Italian Charm"? Marisa2 Beads 4 July 14th 05 08:21 PM
quilting mentor around Dallas, Texas Desiree Jenkins Quilting 3 February 27th 04 04:10 PM
Your Italian Consultant, your italian business opportunity Techenquire.com Marketplace 0 January 5th 04 02:09 PM