Is there anyway to make glass bangles smaller?

Old January 22nd 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
[email protected]

Default Is there anyway to make glass bangles smaller?

Someone brought me back glass bangles back from India (like this:
http://alumni.media.mit.edu/~sarac/a...lder.sized.jpg)
and they're a bit big and tend fall off my wrists. And I was just
wondering if there was any way to make them smaller? I was thinking
maybe running a thick layer of resin (or something else?) around the
inside might keep them from sliding off? Has anyone done anything like
this before? Any other ideas?

TIA!

Old January 26th 07, 06:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Frosty

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 02:47:24 GMT in rec.crafts.jewelry
, cocked his/her hammer and shot:

Someone brought me back glass bangles back from India (like this:
http://alumni.media.mit.edu/~sarac/a...lder.sized.jpg)
and they're a bit big and tend fall off my wrists. And I was just
wondering if there was any way to make them smaller? I was thinking
maybe running a thick layer of resin (or something else?) around the
inside might keep them from sliding off? Has anyone done anything like
this before? Any other ideas?

TIA!

I made a glass cuff bracelet smaller by roughing the inside up with a
diamond bur and using 5 min epoxy to glue in a cuff-shaped piece of
fairly heavy leather. I roughed up the smooth side and left the suede
side against the customer's wrist. After it dried and set I trimmed
the excess.

Now she brags around town that her jeweler can do ANYTHING!

Frosty

--

Anulos qui animum ostendunt omnes gestemus!

I am looking for a company that can make some glass balls for us. Sauger Glass 16 November 15th 06 11:20 PM
Make dichroic glass with NO Kiln!!! JewelryArtist Beads 5 July 14th 06 01:13 AM
I don't usually get so perturbed... Kalera Beads 22 April 5th 06 10:37 PM
glas FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 0 October 16th 03 07:50 PM
Glaze FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 1 September 18th 03 04:16 PM