TOT breaking string

Old September 2nd 09, 10:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.knots
housetrained

Default TOT breaking string

Hi,
Appreciating that this is not a knot question but hoping someone may help
me.
My late father worked with string and he showed me a way of wrapping it
round his hands and then pulling sharply would break the string. I was too
young to take it in but would love to be able to do it. If you know the
method please let me know.
TIA

--
John the West Ham fan

Old September 2nd 09, 01:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.knots
Elrond Hubbard

"housetrained" wrote in
:

Hi,
Appreciating that this is not a knot question but hoping someone may
help me.
My late father worked with string and he showed me a way of wrapping
it round his hands and then pulling sharply would break the string. I
was too young to take it in but would love to be able to do it. If you
know the method please let me know.
TIA

Go to the library - The Ashley Book of Knots, page 30. I'd give a verbal
description but you might lose a finger if it isn't clear.

EH
Old September 2nd 09, 01:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.knots
MCC[_4_]

housetrained wrote:
Hi,
Appreciating that this is not a knot question but hoping someone may help
me.
My late father worked with string and he showed me a way of wrapping it
round his hands and then pulling sharply would break the string. I was too
young to take it in but would love to be able to do it. If you know the
method please let me know.
TIA

This method works for me:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/932967...ur_bare_hands/

I wouldn't like to try it with man-made cord though.
--
MCC
02/09/2009 13:25:37
Old September 2nd 09, 01:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.knots
housetrained

"MCC" wrote in message
.. .
housetrained wrote:
Hi,
Appreciating that this is not a knot question but hoping someone may help
me.
My late father worked with string and he showed me a way of wrapping it
round his hands and then pulling sharply would break the string. I was
too
young to take it in but would love to be able to do it. If you know the
method please let me know.
TIA

This method works for me:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/932967...ur_bare_hands/

I wouldn't like to try it with man-made cord though.
--
MCC
02/09/2009 13:25:37

That looks like it - bring on the string!
Thanks both of you.

--
John the West Ham fan

breaking silence chaddock Beads 18 October 21st 08 12:47 AM
skipping AND breaking Anne Rogers[_3_] Quilting 12 January 16th 08 09:09 PM
Breaking thread Sally Swindells Quilting 3 September 23rd 07 02:56 PM
Breaking thread Sally Swindells Quilting 18 July 21st 07 08:48 AM
Needles Breaking; Help, Please! Pat in Virginia Quilting 16 September 12th 05 01:27 PM